News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Energy Itself...what to do?

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenris

G,day

Well learning about the NEW energy system is a great place to start, if you go to the main page (astralpulse.com) you will see a section on training, within that there is the 'Treatise on Obe' and 'NEW energy ways'. They both cover what is in Robert's book Astral dynamics. There is plenty of reading to be done there, and also dont pass up the articles section either. Robert's works are actually a fantastic place to start. If you read and understand everything available on this site you will be well on your way. I think you have started at the right place [:)]

Oh and without meaning any disrespects to anyone, it might be an idea to not get caught up in the popular topics of the Energy develpoment forum at present, could be counter productive. Fly right and you will understand.

regards
David

SpiritPathwalker

I've heard of NEW system, and while it might be good, the best start is to figure out your own path.  What kinda mystics are you interested in?  Generally, everybody starts out following some path(s) already forged (myself was energy and shamantic mystics).  The effects of all are about the same, but the methods to the effects differ.  Find out which works best for you, and then from there learn what you can from similar traditions.  Eventually your need to forge your own path, but starting out with some arrows pointing in the general direction help.

-Soulwolf Pathwalker

HeadachyMuzikGirl

Fenris-
Thank you so much for your insites. I'll look into that...sounds interesting...

SpiritPathWalker-
I don't know enough to start my own path yet...but u think i'll look into every different topic and follow your advice.

Fenris

Hi SpiritPathWalker

NEW is not a spiritual path, it is just a form of energy body development, it offers no great knowledge or insight – just exercises. Like meditation it is just another way to help you walk what ever path it is you choose. Spending the first ten years (just a number pluked from the sky) of your spirutal development doing nothing but energy work and meditation, in my opinion is infinitly more benifical than choping and changing your spiritual beliefs looking for what makes sence. What ever path a person ends up choosing - If they do so at all- the fundamentals of an evolved mind and energy body will still be there.

HeadachyMuzikGirl

well, fenris, perhaps that WOULD work...but the only problem with that is that i don't exactly know how to relax myself to get into a meditating state. i have stress problems, and i can't get them out of my head enough for me to meditate...and that is also why my astral projection attempts has failed.

SpiritPathwalker

While energy development helps alot, I'd not say it's infinatly more benificial them 'choping and changing' ones beliefs.  I'd say the both hold equal grounds (I myself find it easier to find my pathway first and then work energy into that, but I'm sure others might have an opposite view).  In all though, need both the force of will (energy development) and the faith/belief that it can be done (belief development) to do anything.

Fenris

Hi HeadachyMuzikGirl

Well that's not a worry mate everyone has to learn to relax, and its so important for your health also. For someone your age to be having stress problems is of concern, but I guess society is placing more pressure on youth with time. One of the best methods of relaxation I have tried is progressive muscle relaxation. Anyone can do it and it works very well. I found this page, you might like to check it out if you like //http://stress.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/har/les1.htm//. Even spiritual progression aside I could go on all day about how bad stress is for you. So let me know if you need a hand with this okies.

SpiritPathWalker

I see what your saying, and it seems both of our stances have their pros and cons. One thing I did not consider with my last post was how much I learned while doing the choping and changing. A good (well good is questionable [:)]) analogy coming into my mind is that if spiritual progression is like traveling across a lake you can either learn to swim before jumping in (energy work and meditation), or jump in and just go for it learning from true experience. Stay on the bank for too long and swimming across the lake might lose its appeal, flail around in the water for to long and not knowing how to swim and you might climb back out disheartened. I would say that beliefs when they are complex hinder development, and this is the danger of following a cultural/religious path (with exceptions), but the benefits of non restrictive beliefs are great. The benefit of knowledge is ultimate. I correct myself in saying that development is infinitely more benificial than choping and changing beliefs, considering the knowlegde that is picked up while you try and find the right way to go, I would agree there is equal benefit when weighed against developing the fundamentals of progression.

regards
David

HeadachyMuzikGirl

just curious, fenris, but what can this do to my health exactly? i've tried to look it up on tons of sites...but i can't understand all the big words! aaahhh! i really appreciate your help...
regards
jamie
a.k.a. "lowercase"

Tarconiss

Jamie [ Muzikgirl ]. Learning to use NEW and mastering it, can help the body heal faster. By useing this method you can clear up energy blockages in your body. [Clearing blockages also stops any random pains that tend to pop up at times in any general area of the body]. With those blockages gone, a person can start to feel better physically, aswell as begin to 'raise your spirits'. Aside from healing the physical body, it can be used to help heal some mental effects aswell. [Say if they were caused by Neg's, in which case i really do think, that something is 'attacking' you.]

This method can help to reduce your headaches, over a slight period of time, and after a certain point you can make your headaches go away for good.

At the beginning of this thread you stated that you'd like to learn how to do the healing type method i helped you with... Well the NEW method is one of the things i used in developing that ability.

But yeah... Over time a spiritual path will come to you, and lead you to what you feel is right... But untill you get that far, you do need to make yourself better... Just ask me at any of our practices or whatever. If you'd like to talk about things. You know that i'll help if i can.
If someone has the knowledge, and wants to do something, how far do you think they can go, if they lack the experience, and are unable to sustain the amount of effort needed to succeed?  ~ Self 2/25/2003

HeadachyMuzikGirl

'attacking' me? hmm...well, i suppose it does qualify. but when i tried even Lesson 1 in NEW...nothing happened. No, not that I wasn't successful in retaining the sensation, because that probably is hard for everyone at first...but I didn't even get that far. I didn't even feel a sensation...it's probably a blockage, but i don't know how to 'unblock' it...

TheSeeker

I just wanted to make a note on the energy work vs spiritual path discussion.  It seems to me that through energy work and meditation, the true path would be revealed.  Following a belief system could affect your perception.

Aren't we here to know, and not to believe?  Just rambling, no offense to anyone as I am relatively new to all this myself.

HeadachyMuzikGirl

I'd absolutely LOVE to start energy working and reiki and the like. I really am an amateur at this, so what should i look into starting with energy? are there any really good sites or books? (obviously books by robert bruce.