News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Ethereal Music

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterJingo

On two occasions in my life I've had the same auditory hallucination that I cant really explain. On both occasions I was involved in spiritual practices at the time ie I'd been a lot more involved in astral projection or lucid dreaming. Its hard to describe what I heard but it was not inside my head, it was external. It was the most beautiful music I have ever heard. It was quiet but I could hear it all perfectly. The first time it was dark and I was in my sisters room reading. It seemed to come from the sky. It was the most angelic/ethereal sound you could wish to hear. A few years later, I was in my sisters room when I heard it again. Exactly the same music. I have no idea what it is, but it was beautiful

Has anyone heard anything similar, or perhaps has any idea what this music was?

cube

I've heard music a couple times, usually stringed orchestra instruments like violins and basses on the edge of sleep but it's always been 'inside' my head.

What kind of instruments did you hear?
OBE Guide: www.saltcube.com/obe-guide/
Find APers near you: www.saltcube.com/nearMe
Bimonthly OBE Newsletter: www.saltcube.com/?t=newsletter

MisterJingo

Quote from: cubeI've heard music a couple times, usually stringed orchestra instruments like violins and basses on the edge of sleep but it's always been 'inside' my head.

What kind of instruments did you hear?

I couldn't distinguish any instruments. It was like a symphony of pure sounds. Perhaps even pure voices. It was so on the edge of hearing as barely perceivable, yet once focused upon, intricate detail and beauty could be found in it. I guess the closest thing to the sounds in the music would be when people run their wet finger around an half filled wine glass to produce a pure tone - but even more then that though.

Sophistik

One time in a trance state (as if I were in focus 10 ready to split)... I heard MOST FUNKY house track that I've never heard before.

Another time in a semi-lucid dream (the kind where you're just inches away from realizing it) I heard a really nice DnB tune.

Other times other tunes, or people conversing either with myself or others.

MisterJingo

Quote from: SophistikOne time in a trance state (as if I were in focus 10 ready to split)... I heard MOST FUNKY house track that I've never heard before.

Another time in a semi-lucid dream (the kind where you're just inches away from realizing it) I heard a really nice DnB tune.

Other times other tunes, or people conversing either with myself or others.

Have you ever experienced hypnogogic/hypnopompic aural hallucinations? Usually as I decend into sleep (and ocassionaly when waking) I hear voices and sometimes music. This was very different from the music I heard as stated in the original post, and I was also wide awake :)

I've heard some great music in dream states - I that I had the knowledge to record it in some form on waking.

vashts

I hear sort of electronic music, maybe like in the Matrix, but better.  Then again, I listen to video game music a lot.  One time was at a point before I got to sleep, right before my thoughts were random and incoherent, and the other time was after I woke up.

GoldShoes

My father heard a  symphony, and he couldn't talk about it without  almost crying  as he said it was so beautiful. He was a very spiritual man.

Also, I had a piano pupil who was on a camping trip who heard a heavenly chorus.  She was such a pure child. She just told me, "If heaven is like that I can't wait to get there."

Again, my cousin was about to enter a church that  didn't have a living soul in it.  She heard georgeous music coming from inside, but her daughter didn't hear anything.

I called this the "music of the spheres."

Rob

Oooh ooh me me!!!!

I was lucid dreaming once, doing some other funky stuff, and at one point I heard music, I think its called the music of the spheres (implies lots of spheres, lots of types) as well as heavenly music etc.

It sounded a cross between music running over rocks, like a stream of notes and tones, but each note of which was a little like a <ping!> - very distinct and clear, totally pure, but all woven together into something that was amazing!!! I've never heard anything like it, just incredible, but these silly little words cant really describe it.

:P

Rob
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

sashamasha

My turn!  I have allllllways heard music 24/7, constant stream like a radio, sometimes it even sounds like someone is changing stations, flipping back and forth, or 2 very separate things at once. Mostly classical music.  Lately I have been hearing something new: the sound of a low male voice singing, not a great voice but a pleasant one and nice to hear, accompanied by piano keeps composing things and singing them for me, which has stuck out in the past few weeks, especially as I am going to sleep.  

I also often hear snippets of different music that wafts in and then is gone.  Last night for example, I was aware that I was listening to 30s type music (like what they used to play in Banana Republic stores ages ago), and then it sort of faded, as if it had come in on a breeze.  

A few months ago I was lying awake and all of a sudden I was somehow tuned into 2 very very low notes or chords, alternating, very harmonious and perfect.  It was really weird, and it felt momentous but I have no idea why. I  was sort of in a trance; realising what was happening, I startled myself and couldn't tune back into them later.

My early OBE experiences when I was a little kid often began with my experiencing a vast chorus, infinite voices, all pitches, like all sounds all everywhere all singing AAAAAAAAAAHHHH! just on one note each. Which freaked me out.

Almost forgot: a few times in the past month or 2, I've "previewed" random bits of music, like I'll hear something in my head then a few moments later it will play on the tv or radio or on someone's car speakers unexpectedly.  The most clear example of this was when I started humming some music I had never heard of for about 30 seconds, got bored, looked up, flipped the channel, and an orchestra began to play the EXACT same thing.  It was the beginning of the piece, and I had never heard of the composer or the piece.

Frank

Hello:

In certain states it is easy to tune into music. I used to do it all the time, I went through a phase of doing it and posted about it here shortly after I joined. It's very normal. When it first started happening I thought someone was playing music outside and a number of times I went searching around the house checking if a radio was on, and went outside to check if one of the neighbours had decided to have an early morning rave or or something. :)

Yours,
Frank

Quantitativefool

I'm a composer and experience this quite frequenly I think if you practice internalizing pitch in your mind you can become more aware of it.

Magus Darkmist

A friend of mine and myself like to do that sometimes, each one of us picking a bass or treble sound, and then weaving musical patterns together.  Of course, I can't remember any of it after it's done, but it is so much fun.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.  We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

petitnuage

Hmmm well me I have heard rather sanskrit prayers being said like faraway.  It was extremely beautiful.  There have been other sounds which i have heard too.  Very clear.

Since two years maybe, i am not hearing them anymore.  I would say am quite relieved now :)

Among all the things i have heard, i did enjoy listening to the prayers though.

No idea about who was reciting them. They were not clear to catch the words.

Blue Giant

I also heard music this one time. It was very dark, sounded like a cross between Photek ( DNB) and Biosphere (ambient), and it induced the craziest scary feeling of knowing something bad is present. Like every note I heard, this particular emotion was attached to it.  It was freaky excrement. It was as though I were this emotional instrument that the music used to play me.

Purely...uttely whacked....

I love it...

Russel

patelvipulk

You will find the explanation to your experience from the following free e-books by an Indian Spiritual master

" sleep, Dreams and Spiritual Reflections"
"The Extra Sensory Potentials of Mind"
and " Music- the nector of life"
They can be downloaded from

http://www.awgp.org/english/books/books_english.html

Please let me know after you get a chance to scan these books..

Vipul PAtel patelvipulk[at]hotmail.com

sashamasha

Can you summarize the basic ideas?  I don't want to download and read 3 books by someone I've never heard of to find out why he thinks I hear music.

patelvipulk

You do not have to download the books. They will open in the pdf format..  My request ot you is to scan the table of content and may be read the preface of the books.  Then see if you have any interst..
The author was a spiritual master from India  and  his books a re becoming avialble to the west very recently using the meduim of Internet..
( All his books on internet are free).....

If you still want me to , I will try to sumarrize the books but that will be my interpretation based on my very limited understanidng of  the subject..

Vipul..