News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Help in starting devolpment in Psychic and Magic p

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

You mentioned that you just picked up the book "Astral Dynamics" and that you are starting to get results. The best thing to do is to continue what you are doing. If you want to add something, a form of meditation that cuts down the internal dialogue without letting clarity of awareness fade would be good. The concentration exercises in "Astral Dynamics" make a good transition. There are many different styles and traditions of meditation, so reading about many of them can help with choosing a method for yourself.

kakkarot

i find that doing stuff, even if you don't get it right at first, is the best way to learn how to do more.

but if you want some concrete stuff how about:

www.realmagick.com
http://www.astralsociety.net/Forums/index.php?board=22 (their magick board)
http://www.veritasonline.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=3ad71141b803daf4cdfe7d4326fbf14c (their magick forum)

that should help you begin your journey.

~kakkarot

Fenris

Hi Amonra

Not to be overly melodramatic (it makes writing fun![:D]) but at this early stage in your development you stand at a very important cross road. On one side there is the pursuit of psychic powers, on the other there is the pursuit of personal evolution. If you take the later you will indeed gain access to the same if not more impressive psychic ability's without trying to get them. If you strive for personal evolution, via means of meditation, ceremonial magic, whatever, you will pick up psychic ability's as a by product of your evolution. Sure you use em to your advantage, but you don't get fixated on them. To take on the mentality that you are doing your energy work and meditation to become more psychically active is a big trap to get into. All of that being said however I think we all were inspired by great magical and psychic feats when we first started on our paths, I know I was! But it's an important thing to keep in mind. An exception to the concept that psychic ability should not be pursued actively but experienced as a byproduct of spiritual evolution is astral projection, it is a great tool for the student of evolution.

amonra

I apoligize in advance if this topic has already been covered in the past.

I just picked up the book astral dynamics and starting working on building my energy and have even got to the point were I can see auras around objects fairly easily. The question I have is can anyone point me in the right direction to work on starting to devlope some of the other Psi powers, like the kinesis ones other than OBE and Auric Sight. I am also interested in devolping my magical abilities and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to start developing that side of myself as well.

Thanks in advance for any help