News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The meaning of life

Previous topic - Next topic

beav31is

life    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (lf)
n. pl. lives (lvz)

The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.
The characteristic state or condition of a living organism.
Living organisms considered as a group: plant life; marine life.
A living being, especially a person: an earthquake that claimed hundreds of lives.
The physical, mental, and spiritual experiences that constitute existence: the artistic life of a writer.

The interval of time between birth and death: She led a good, long life.
The interval of time between one's birth and the present: has had hay fever all his life.
A particular segment of one's life: my adolescent life.
The period from an occurrence until death: elected for life; paralyzed for life.
Slang. A sentence of imprisonment lasting till death.
The time for which something exists or functions: the useful life of a car.
A spiritual state regarded as a transcending of corporeal death.
An account of a person's life; a biography.
Human existence, relationships, or activity in general: real life; everyday life.  

no_leaf_clover

something tells me he meant 'purpose', beavis.. just a hunch. lol

there were some interesting posts on this subject on another topic, somewhere on this site.. in integral philosophy, maybe?

one of the posts went something like this:

if you acknowledge that we existed before our physical bodies, and that we will exist after death, then we do not originate here but were *sent* or *put* here for something. i believe that we are here to learn from experiences.. i think at least that much is obvious. but i wonder why we need to experience the physical. when are we going to use these experiences? one of the more interesting things i read (im not saying i believe it) is that we are here to learn so that later on we can watch over our own worlds. o.O... an interesting thought. and then you have the idea that we are all pieces of a puzzle.. the ultimate consciousness that all life eventually transcends to after death.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Fenris

Someone always says it, so cant it be me!

42!

Beav31is, just love that dictionary dont you[:)]

imora

There is meaning in just being alive.
I mean there is meaning in what we experience.
I mean what we learn from our experiences.
I mean advancing spiritually from these learnt experiences.
But then, what does spiritual advancement mean?[:P]
BTW I recommend a book (free of charge) called "Creating the value of life" by Fumihiko Iida.
http://homepage2.nifty.com/fumi-rin/sub7.htm
Nihongode me-ru kudasaina.  Onegaishimasu-da.

Eonnn

What is the meaning of life? any suggestions?

I think its to prepare us for whats to come when we die.