News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

How To Experience Time In Past To Future Direction

Previous topic - Next topic

beavis

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but can someone tell me the difference between past and future? I've never experienced time from past to future, as many people say they do all the time, and I'd like to try it. How will I know if it worked?

Here's what I've heard from people who claim to have experienced time:

* There is a lot more knowledge (books, ideas in brains, etc) about "the past" than about "the future", but there is a lot of knowledge about both.

* The knowledge about "the past" has less contradictions. Knowledge about "the future" is organized as if theres a lot of different futures, and within each individual future the knowledge is consistent.

* If you want the world to be a certain way, you should change what you do NOW which affects "the future" to be more that way you wanted. What you do NOW is best learned by studying knowledge about "the past" and finding 2 things in it: (1) an event similar to NOW, and (2) an event similar to the "certain way" you want the world to be, and (2) has to contain knowledge categorized as "past" which describes (1).

* "The future" doesn't exist because "the future" has accurate knowledge about NOW but NOW does not have accurate knowledge about "the future". This one is the most confusing to me since it reminds me of an ostridge sticking its head in the dirt because if it can't see something it must not exist and therefore can't eat the ostridge.

I really am confused about how to exist only in 1 event, which people describe as "NOW". Every event I've ever been at, I experienced as a "NOW". It makes no sense to me why, starting NOW, I should expect to experience "future" more often than "past". Both past and future have the same laws-of-physics and have my Human body in them for me to experience those events through. Please explain what I should do to experience future instead of past?

People say that NOW affects future, but NOW does not affect past. They know NOW does not affect past because the knowledge (books, ideas in brains, etc) describes the same past they expected. You do something NOW, look in a history book again, and see it describes the same history it described when you read it a minute ago.

Stop right there. Explain to me how you compared the 2 times you read from the history book. Do you REMEMBER reading it? Or did you go back in time 1 minute and read it again to make sure it didn't change? If you do something NOW and it changes the past, the history book would be different NOW and your memory of reading it 1 minute ago would be different too since that was in the past and you changed the past. This is the Human species' huge assumption about time... NOW does not change the past, and we know that because we don't remember the past changing.

People ASSUME they move from past to future, but if what you do in each NOW changes that NOW, time could just as easily move SIDEWAYS, as the past and future change and slide across different possibilities of NOW. In each NOW, there would be the same knowledge (books, thoughts in brains, etc) about "the past" as most people expect, but that's all it is... knowledge, not an indication of what events are experienced BEFORE or AFTER which other events or how events flow into other events.

SIDEWAYS TIME. It looks almost like past-to-future time except bizarre events tend to happen more often. Most people have noticed such bizarre events, things that are too specific and happen a little too often to be coincidence. Most people explain it as "God works in mysterious ways", but I explain it as "NOW affects past and future which results in SIDEWAYS TIME."

Really, I think time moves sideways.

So I'm sorry if this is a newbie question, but can someone please explain to me how to experience time past-to-future? I want to try it. I've experienced so many bizarre events that appeared relevant to what I was planning or thinking, that I just can't believe the past-to-future theory of time. But I'm trying to keep an open mind, so I'm willing to consider that people may actually be going forward in time, but I want some proof of this and a scientific way to test it. Do you experience time past to future? If you know how you do it, can you teach me?

Next time you disagree with someone about what happened in the past, don't be so quick to assume 1 of you is wrong. Its gone back and forth, but there was a time in my past when the book "Carlos Castaneda: The Art Of Dreaming" only had page numbers printed on the right pages, not the left. Now all pages have page numbers. It first changed when I was trying this thing Castaneda called my "assemblage point". I remember my past being different, and thats not the only time. Similar things happened to my father. This isnt just a theory or speculation. Its my reality. You know that TV show called "Sliders"? That's not at all what it looks like. It just made me a little dizzy and I saw things get a little curvy... a LITTLE, something you would almost have to measure with a yard stick to verify its not straight. But technically, I'm a slider, by accident, because my past is not your past. No important differences that I've noticed. Just an interesting observation.

Astral316

Quote from: beavis on March 31, 2011, 01:33:39
People ASSUME they move from past to future, but if what you do in each NOW changes that NOW, time could just as easily move SIDEWAYS, as the past and future change and slide across different possibilities of NOW. In each NOW, there would be the same knowledge (books, thoughts in brains, etc) about "the past" as most people expect, but that's all it is... knowledge, not an indication of what events are experienced BEFORE or AFTER which other events or how events flow into other events.

Interesting ideas, but I'm curious... how do you define "past" and "future" in your sliding theory if these terms aren't tied to a steady chain of NOWs connected only by incremental knowledge? It's possible one wouldn't gain much knowledge within 5 minutes of looking at a textbook, but what if they did? Would this knowledge vanish upon a second viewing of the text? Of course not, but as your theory implies past and future aren't dependent on incremental knowledge. So if NOW isn't sliding on a steady increase of experience and knowledge, what exactly is it sliding on?

personalreality

everyone experiences time from past to future...  that's the illusion of physical reality as a human.  time moves from past to future.

this reminds me of an episode of Community from last week where Jeff got Abed the "actual briefcase from pulp fiction" (though it turns out to be a fake) and no one is allowed to open it till Abed gets there.  someone asks brita what's inside it and she says "what?! do i have 3-D vision now?" and annie says "well yea, you do" and brita says "don't act like you know me!"

(she said 3-D instead of X-Ray)

lol

now that that little tangent is over... tl;dr
be awesome.

beavis

Past is defined by NOW having more consistent information about it. Future is defined by NOW having varied and contradicting information about it. Ask what is the past and you'll get 10 different answers. Ask what is the future and you'll get 100 different answers. More technically, future is usually the direction of increasing entropy, as defined in thermodynamics.

I'm not disagreeing on how you label something past or future. I'm disagreeing on the importance of that way of categorizing events, and I think the experience of events does not have to go in the same direction as information flows. Information tends to flow from past to future, forward in time, but consciousness tends to flow sideways into multiverse possibilities and sometimes forward or backward in time.

Example of consciousness moving sideways in time:
I was looking for a certain kind of snake that I hadn't seen in 15 years. 5 minutes later, a cat picked up such a snake with its teeth and I took the snake from the cat. Extremely improbable that the first time I looked for it in the last few years, it was brought to me. Here's my theory: The first time I looked for the snake, I didn't find it, and the multiverse got a little more out of balance, which changed my past, which caused me to look for the snake a little differently at that same time and space (but different timeline), which got changed the same way, many times, until patterns formed that my brain could understand (which I've been learning for years from similar events), and the time loop converged on events that put the multiverse more balanced... I looked for it and it came to me.

Yamabushi

Future and past are relative phenomena -- it doesn't help to talk about them like they are absolutes.

Time itself appears to the time-interference time-scales of all living beings in a given history-line as highly flexible, even stretch-able, entropy and symmetry support platform of the local space/time. Time becomes time to the living being, as its mass in spacetime interferes the subquantum wavefront of aether (i.e. space/time), by performing orchestrated objective reductions in all space and time scales of its cellular, molecular and submolecular levels.

In other words, experience of time is an effect on the whole of the living entity in question who experiences a "NOW" that is relative to their observing presence. Past is at best the function of memory -- not just the living being's, but also the aether whose wavefront fuels/creates/is spacetime. Future is at best the function of imagination.

History-lines exist in an infinitude, already done and complete, from infinite negative start to infinite positive end.

YB

Astral316

Quote from: beavis on March 31, 2011, 23:50:54
Past is defined by NOW having more consistent information about it. Future is defined by NOW having varied and contradicting information about it. Ask what is the past and you'll get 10 different answers. Ask what is the future and you'll get 100 different answers. More technically, future is usually the direction of increasing entropy, as defined in thermodynamics.

Not sure how you could even begin to relate the concept of time with thermodynamics, but that's okay.

Quote from: beavis on March 31, 2011, 23:50:54I'm not disagreeing on how you label something past or future. I'm disagreeing on the importance of that way of categorizing events, and I think the experience of events does not have to go in the same direction as information flows. Information tends to flow from past to future, forward in time, but consciousness tends to flow sideways into multiverse possibilities and sometimes forward or backward in time.

What is the alternative to categorizing events in a linear fashion that is equally efficient? Experience of events has to go in the same direction as relevant information flows, as they are virtually indistinguishable. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that we are able to access information relevant to the past and future, but we still need the past-future concept to make sense of things. Again, what's the alternative? Saying my funeral was yesterday and Hitler will come into power shortly after Easter? (I also don't believe consciousness has any specific 'direction', but that's another topic.)

Quote from: beavis on March 31, 2011, 23:50:54Example of consciousness moving sideways in time:
I was looking for a certain kind of snake that I hadn't seen in 15 years. 5 minutes later, a cat picked up such a snake with its teeth and I took the snake from the cat. Extremely improbable that the first time I looked for it in the last few years, it was brought to me. Here's my theory: The first time I looked for the snake, I didn't find it, and the multiverse got a little more out of balance,

How does 'I didn't find it' lead into 'the multiverse got out of balance'?

Quote from: beavis on March 31, 2011, 23:50:54which changed my past,

Umm again I ask, how?

Quote from: beavis on March 31, 2011, 23:50:54which caused me to look for the snake a little differently at that same time and space (but different timeline), which got changed the same way, many times, until patterns formed that my brain could understand (which I've been learning for years from similar events), and the time loop converged on events that put the multiverse more balanced... I looked for it and it came to me.

Or maybe you experienced precognition? That seems more likely than the multiverse dragging itself around to accommodate your desire to find a snake.

kurtykurt42

Quote from: beavis on March 31, 2011, 01:33:39
Sorry if this is a newbie question, but can someone tell me the difference between past and future? I've never experienced time from past to future, as many people say they do all the time, and I'd like to try it. How will I know if it worked?

Here's what I've heard from people who claim to have experienced time:

* There is a lot more knowledge (books, ideas in brains, etc) about "the past" than about "the future", but there is a lot of knowledge about both.

* The knowledge about "the past" has less contradictions. Knowledge about "the future" is organized as if theres a lot of different futures, and within each individual future the knowledge is consistent.

* If you want the world to be a certain way, you should change what you do NOW which affects "the future" to be more that way you wanted. What you do NOW is best learned by studying knowledge about "the past" and finding 2 things in it: (1) an event similar to NOW, and (2) an event similar to the "certain way" you want the world to be, and (2) has to contain knowledge categorized as "past" which describes (1).

* "The future" doesn't exist because "the future" has accurate knowledge about NOW but NOW does not have accurate knowledge about "the future". This one is the most confusing to me since it reminds me of an ostridge sticking its head in the dirt because if it can't see something it must not exist and therefore can't eat the ostridge.

I really am confused about how to exist only in 1 event, which people describe as "NOW". Every event I've ever been at, I experienced as a "NOW". It makes no sense to me why, starting NOW, I should expect to experience "future" more often than "past". Both past and future have the same laws-of-physics and have my Human body in them for me to experience those events through. Please explain what I should do to experience future instead of past?

People say that NOW affects future, but NOW does not affect past. They know NOW does not affect past because the knowledge (books, ideas in brains, etc) describes the same past they expected. You do something NOW, look in a history book again, and see it describes the same history it described when you read it a minute ago.

Stop right there. Explain to me how you compared the 2 times you read from the history book. Do you REMEMBER reading it? Or did you go back in time 1 minute and read it again to make sure it didn't change? If you do something NOW and it changes the past, the history book would be different NOW and your memory of reading it 1 minute ago would be different too since that was in the past and you changed the past. This is the Human species' huge assumption about time... NOW does not change the past, and we know that because we don't remember the past changing.

SIDEWAYS TIME. It looks almost like past-to-future time except bizarre events tend to happen more often. Most people have noticed such bizarre events, things that are too specific and happen a little too often to be coincidence. Most people explain it as "God works in mysterious ways", but I explain it as "NOW affects past and future which results in SIDEWAYS TIME."

Really, I think time moves sideways.

So I'm sorry if this is a newbie question, but can someone please explain to me how to experience time past-to-future? I want to try it. I've experienced so many bizarre events that appeared relevant to what I was planning or thinking, that I just can't believe the past-to-future theory of time. But I'm trying to keep an open mind, so I'm willing to consider that people may actually be going forward in time, but I want some proof of this and a scientific way to test it. Do you experience time past to future? If you know how you do it, can you teach me?

Next time you disagree with someone about what happened in the past, don't be so quick to assume 1 of you is wrong. Its gone back and forth, but there was a time in my past when the book "Carlos Castaneda: The Art Of Dreaming" only had page numbers printed on the right pages, not the left. Now all pages have page numbers. It first changed when I was trying this thing Castaneda called my "assemblage point". I remember my past being different, and thats not the only time. Similar things happened to my father. This isnt just a theory or speculation. Its my reality. You know that TV show called "Sliders"? That's not at all what it looks like. It just made me a little dizzy and I saw things get a little curvy... a LITTLE, something you would almost have to measure with a yard stick to verify its not straight. But technically, I'm a slider, by accident, because my past is not your past. No important differences that I've noticed. Just an interesting observation.

Cliffs?

Sounds like you took space/time 101 but when it comes to discussing time everyone likes to use a different vocabulary, which makes it challenging to understand other peoples perspective.

Astral316

I agree... the foundation of your ideas seems to come from a solid understanding in certain areas of theoretical physics. My knowledge here only extends to documentaries on the Science channel so my questions may appear ignorant.

beavis

QuoteWhat is the alternative to categorizing events in a linear fashion that is equally efficient? Experience of events has to go in the same direction as relevant information flows, as they are virtually indistinguishable. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that we are able to access information relevant to the past and future, but we still need the past-future concept to make sense of things. Again, what's the alternative? Saying my funeral was yesterday and Hitler will come into power shortly after Easter? (I also don't believe consciousness has any specific 'direction', but that's another topic.)

Organizing events past to future is useful, but its not the ONLY way we should organize events. My theory is that past and future change as a result of what we do NOW, which creates a new NOW in a continuous cycle until it stabilizes, or as we experience all parallel NOWs in the loop simultaneously. From all of those NOWs, or whever it converges, we simultaneously move forward in time, and maybe other directions too. We won't have much, or any, information about these parallel NOWs, but that does not mean they aren't there and aren't affecting us.

QuoteHow does 'I didn't find it' lead into 'the multiverse got out of balance'?

Maybe that's a bad way to explain it. I meant that if I had not found the snake, my future would have been different, which may affect the past (and NOW also affects the past), in a cycle that changes NOW until it converges or we experience many NOWs at once. I don't know how such changes happen, but its my best theory of why bizarre events happen more often than we would expect.

QuoteOr maybe you experienced precognition? That seems more likely than the multiverse dragging itself around to accommodate your desire to find a snake.

I can't call it precognition because it feels similar to telekinesis when I do it. Its something I change more than its something I observe.