News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Imprints?

Previous topic - Next topic

ChopstickFox

I have come across every so often information regarding imprints on an area. From my understanding, some paranormal things that we "see" are not necessarily ghosts, but can be an "imprint" on a location. An example would be an old school where you hear children run through the hallways or laughing in the classrooms. These imprints are not necessarily the presence of ghosts and by all means don't necessarily need to be negative. A good positive experience could be the cause.

That is my understanding of it, at least.

I have had some experiences regarding this and I hope to get some insight and opinions. And please know that while I believe in the paranormal, I try to keep myself a skeptic. But some things just are too much to dismiss.

Years ago, my family and I went on a tour of a US battleship from WW2. I absolutely hate wars and have no interest in the military or its history. Nothing against it, I just don't like it. I felt rather "open" that day to the energies around me so I fed the energy and opened my mind, curious to see if I would be able to pick up anything. What ended up happening is beyond anything I have experienced since.

I was picking up images before the tour guide shared the history and learning things from what I was seeing that I later matched up with history. I was still seeing normally, but it was like an overlay in my mind picking up fragments. Some fragments were clearer than others. I first started noticing it when we were walking the deck. It was still riddled with holes. I thought it was my imagination going crazy on me when I thought I was hearing voices and sounds and getting glimpses of bullets hailing from the sky. It made me so uncomfortable, but I kept my mind open. On the bridge, I saw the planes in the air, the people present, their reactions as a plane hit the ship. (This was later backed up by researching where indeed a plane HAD hit the ship... in the same place! That certainly wasn't on the tour!) In another area, it was in the cabins. It's was like the first mate cabin or something. I clearly saw a man and a woman on a bed (where the table was)  doing it with each other. Now, this is certainly not something I think about and it made me very uncomfortable. Right after, they shared that the table folded out into a bed. I was thinking "yeah, but women didn't ride on this ship". As I finished my thought, the tour guide shared that sometimes women stayed there... and mingled with the sailors... At this point I was frightened, but fascinated. I was picking up small things left and right, fighting the urge to tell anyone the answers before the guide. Some things hadn't been brought up, but I didn't have the courage to ask about them...

This is the real kicker.

We entered a room from the deck and my blood next to froze. I was freaking out. The energy I felt was horrible. I felt fear, terror, panic. Horrible. But the room was pleasantly lit. It was the officers dining room. Well set up, nothing that should have been intimidating. The guide was talking about how the officers ate there and not bringing up anything negative. So why did I feel that way?? The energy seemed the strongest at a particular table. It was a bit different from the others as if it had been built into the area. I saw blood, I heard (or rather felt?) screams and pain. The doors were open and the bullets were still hailing. It was at that point where the guide informed us that during the battles, they would keep the doors open on either side to the deck... When someone was wounded, they would bring them in. If an amputation was needed, they would amputate right there on that table. I felt so sick. I closed myself off and shielded myself, not wanting to see anymore. It was just so horrible...

At the time I had no idea what to think of it. I later decided that it was most likely imprints from the past still being viewable if you tune into the energy. Maybe I had done that?

However, there is a bit more to this story that I want to share. On completely unrelated incidences, I have had dreams out of no where related to this ship, though not directly. In one dream, I was in Pearl Harbor. I knew the area. I had even decided to fly around the island to pick up as many details as I could before waking (it had become lucid). Upon waking, I drew out my understanding of it and consulted maps. It matched with in the around WW2 time. Crazy, right? That same ship had visited Pearl Harbor.

Another dream, I was on Micronesia in the Pacific. Of course, I couldn't consult maps for it, but I looked up images and it seemed similar. That wasn't enough evidence to satisfy me, though. I looked up where that ship had visited and... yeah, it had visited there as well.

I have also had several other dreams where I have picked up myself as a soldier, young, male, different mentality. I did a tarot reading a while ago too and it also pointed towards this, though I don't remember exactly, it was years ago.

It's not often that I think about this, but every so often it comes up. I still really think that I could have seen imprints, but this other stuff makes me wonder. A possible past life? Had memories "rubbed off" on me? Do I just have smack dab good luck at guessing? All very strange and I look forward to hearing other thoughts. I was on that ship over 10 years ago
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

desert-rat

Left over energy from old battles , and probably some ghosts on that battle ship .   When some one can touch an object and get impressions its called psychometry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychometry_(paranormal)   desert rat 

Bedeekin

I remember watching a Horizon TV programme about 10 maybe 15 years ago where a scientist had figured out that water has memory. They had a fish tank and immersed a copper coil into the deionized or pure water within. They then sent an electric charge through the coil. When they took a spectrograph of the water after removing the coil it still retained the memory of it. Even when they sloshed the water around the image was still visible. I distinctly remember the other scientists on the programme getting excited saying how wonderful it will be in the future when all you need do is stand a glass of water near a special phone (maybe this was before internet) and the doctor need only send information down to it, causing it to take on the properties of the requires medicine.

The programme then went on to theorise that maybe ghosts are recordings held in places of high humidity, cold and damp. That most ghosts are seemingly the last night of the person running screaming or falling off a balcony or even walking along a path that was well trodden over the years they lived. That fear or high states of anxiety cause more electrical activity in the brain causing more likely to become imprinted on the damp atmosphere.

I liked this idea. It made perfect sense.   

Szaxx

Hey, ChopstickFox has the knowing. You can go anywhere and you just know.
These imprints are everywhere, mostly of low energy. On occasions they are really strong and in these places, usually suffering or emotional stress has been associated with them.
Ill guess it comes and goes and you've always had it.
There's more to it when in a NPR.
Are you aware of this?
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bedeekin

... Or it could be restless spirits stuck in a non-locational (from a NPMR perspective) area.

This is something that slightly bothers me.

NPMR is not locational to this reality. The corner of a room in NPMR isn't defined by a physical location in this reality... so why would a spirit take up a looping residence within a physical reality location?

Just a query.  :-)

desert-rat

There are at least 2 different kind of ghosts .  One is the soul, a ghost that can be interacted with , the other is just left over energy .   I would think that battle ship and many other places would have both .  What people call "looping " or "repeat " events are just left over energy .  One lady on another forum stated that its all left over energy , all souls leave the earth plane after death , but I dissagre with that .  Some chose to stay hear for different  reasons . desert rat

Bedeekin

So what is the difference between a 'soul' and a nonphysical consciousness?

Why do you disagree that they can be looped energy recordings?

ChopstickFox

Thank you for the input, these are all really great ideas. I have tuned into these kind of imprints before, but nothing like this instance. Nothing/no one was intractable, though I guess that isn't the best reason for my reasoning. Maybe it was a looping of events from the leftover energy? I have a hard time imagining that I was seeing so many ghosts. If I was seeing ghosts, I'm sure people would be going nutty over the location. I just did some googling and the ship is nicknamed "ghost ship", but not because of ghosts. It was notorious for not sinking in battle. Paranormal sites don't seem interested in the location. If anyone's curious, it's the USS Intrepid.

I really liked reading about water having memory and in many ways that makes things make more sense. This is a bit unrelated, but I think it was last year when I was having the dreams I listed above. For like 4 months all my dreams had was water. Not in a threatening way, but just like, water as far as I could see or I was walking around in knee deep water. It was strange that it was just consistently everywhere! And I'm not a fan of water or swimming!

This could be something that just comes and goes. Suddenly be hyper sensitive then it goes away. I remember back in college, the building I lived in was over a hundred years old. Not that I shared what I felt very often, but to my surprise it would always match up with history. Now that building had ghosts. But only a few instances were scary.

I haven't felt anything recently though. But then again, I haven't been near places with much history.
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Anonymouse

You must love Europe  :wink:

desert-rat

Quote from: Bedeekin on November 24, 2012, 13:15:16
So what is the difference between a 'soul' and a nonphysical consciousness?

Why do you disagree that they can be looped energy recordings?

What I dissagred with was that all souls go on to higher astral planes or are reincarnated . I think many do , but some stay earth bound or trapped , for different reasons .A lady on another forum said she had degrees in this and that ( paranormal ) , and all ghosts where just left over energy . She is entitled to her beliefs .    I believe all living beings have a soul .  The looping or reaping events are just left over energy . A person left this behind , but there is no consciousness there .  desert rat 

Bedeekin

So do you class the soul as what others (and I) call consciousness?

desert-rat

Soul , consciousness , spirit , diferent belief systems have different names .  A basic belief is we are all have 4 bodies ,   phy. , astral , energy , and a mental or higher self .  desert rat 

Szaxx

An imprint from 1976,
I had to stay home for some deliveries while my family went on holiday. The day before they were due back I distinctly remember hearing my brother running up the stairs repeatedly shouting me. Wondering whats going on and not expecting anyone home I shouted back why are you home?
A total silence was heard. Bemused by the sound of some six noisy steps and the familiar calls of excitement I went to the stairs. I found nothing. The front door still locked from the inside too. I put it down to wierd and carried on with the day.
Around the same time the next day I heard it all again. This time he came to my room with something he picked up for me the day before, at the same time I heard his footsteps.
His thoughts must have mixed with the imprinted energy in the house and thats why I heard them.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

TheEnergeticSeer

Well there certainly seems to be a lot said on this subject, but I don't know that it needs to be complicated. Could simply be that you were accessing the memory which was in that particular location. In my experience memory is a large part of how energy and the energetic universe is perceived and if it impacted you that strongly maybe there is something to be said for you paying more attention to energy, even if only in a playful way. Anyhow just a thought, either way thanks for sharing the experience.

ChopstickFox

Once again, thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts. I try not to over complicate things. It's just crazy when one experience kind of overpowers other ones. I should casually pay more attention to energy and see what comes of it :)