News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Mirror Hallucinations

Previous topic - Next topic

grzazek

shineling

I've done this with dolls in a dark room. You can make them move and come to life.  :-P
"Unbinding the limits on our Soul is man's truest quest."

TofuAttack

Quote from: shineling on September 05, 2010, 22:17:09
I've done this with dolls in a dark room. You can make them move and come to life.  :-P

that sounds scary, i'm not going to be trying that anytime soon.

Xanth

Quote from: grzazek on September 02, 2010, 23:05:50
I have noticed that if I 'gaze intently' at the mirror, in a slightly dimmed light, shapes seem to shift or my face goes invisible, or certain features stand out, hallucinations in general!!

Just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences? If not, its worth giving a try, as its a phenomenon that a few people I know have also experienced.
I've done that many times throughout my life.
It's a known phenomenon, I believe.

It has to do with your eyes losing focus on things you're staring at that don't change.

Warlexx

Everytime i stare in my eyes in the mirror i freak out  :-o Its just that strange feeling u get...

personalreality

Osborne Phillips teaches that as a method to observe your "astral substance", the medium with which you create an astral body or astral watcher for travel or recon.

Apparently it's an occult method.  If you're interested by this mirror thing you should check out his book "Astral Projection: Plain & Simple" [Osborne Phillips].
be awesome.

Warlexx

Can you tell me from where i can download it  :|

personalreality

not in the forums.

i don't have a link, i can find one, but you'll have to come to IRC for me to give it to you as it's against forum rules for me to post copyrighted material. 

webchat.freenode.net

channel: #astralpulse

nickname: your screen name

be awesome.

Stillwater

QuoteI've done this with dolls in a dark room. You can make them move and come to life. 

that sounds scary, i'm not going to be trying that anytime soon.

Yeah, lol... that sounds like the last thing I want to do... take a ton of time to put serious, dedicated effort into freaking myself out. :-o
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

omcasey

I do this looking into the faces of others and can see their people- soul family and friends who are around them I suppose..

grzazek

omcasey

It sounds to me as though you DO have them, everything you mentioned in your original post are precursors to this, or at least they were with me.  I love looking and seeing the form go transparent.  Whoa whoa.  I'd say just keep gazing a little while longer when you practice.  Stay with it maybe 20-30 minutes.  How long are you doing this right now?- (curious). 

The practice of tratak (conscious gazing) will help huge, especially if you practice on a light source, like a candle flame.  Get an 8" beeswax candle and in a darkened room, light the candle, placing it on something close to eye level and sitting back from it perhaps a good arms length.  Gaze straight into the blue at the bottom of the flame.  As you become increasingly more concentrated your eyes will stop blinking.  After some time, close your eyes and rest.  See how long you can remain focused on the after image arising behind your closed eyes.

For a more detailed outline of the practice just scroll down to the 3rd Ganesha -(elephant figure)~
http://web.mac.com/omcasey1/iWeb/Omtalks/MEDITATION.html 

poisontea4u

This used to happen to me. I would see a gray area where my face should have been. But, then it changed after awhile I would see the image of a reptile/human wearing a monk's type robe. He would just stand there and smirk at me. I've recently read that others have seen the same reptilian in a robe but in their room not in the mirror.

grzazek

the craziest i had was when my face/body turned into the mosted twisted surrealism and one eye popped out at me, almost like some kind of mirror master had taken over my reflection