News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Question about the hemi-sync red and blue circles exercice

Previous topic - Next topic

cesm23

I hope this is the right place to post this, since probably it is more something to do with my physical eyes, but just wondering if anyone has this problem. Anyway moderators feel free to move the post if necessary.

Everytime i tried that famous exercice to do hemi-sync (crossing the eyes to try to see a white cross in two circles, a blue one and a red one) i noticed something particular : when i look at the circles with focused vision, of course i see them normally, each at the height, but when i cross my eyes to my surprise the right circle is ALWAYS a few centimetres below (vertically), i had to edit the picture to be able to match the circles when having crossed eyes. This of course doesn't only happen with the circles, i think (i am not too sure) this happens with anything i try to see with eyes crossed, also i noticed that the vertical distance sometimes changes a bit more or less 1-2 centimetres.

Is this normal? Sure i do actually use glasses and i have myopia, i don't know if this is the cause, is there anyone here with myopia or that uses glasses that already had this problem as well? Also i wonder if like this the exercice will still be efficient, i don't know what kind of side effect could happen if i am trying to do hemisync with unalligned circles... (probably nothing bad)

Szaxx

Hi,

Try the same and alter the tilt of your head. It probably will line up. You may have a natural tilt, physical lifestyles can cause this effectively developing more muscle on one side of your neck.
Worry not.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

cesm23

Yes but... when my eyes are NOT crossed the circles are perfectly lined, this ONLY happens with eyes crossed, also i have to tilt the head considerably, not only my neck starts to hurt if kept in that position, but also the white lines of the circles themselfs also tilt (but not the circle itself) so it's not a + sign anymore, it almost looks like an X ! Anyway i already have to solution, which is keeping a circle lower than the other on the computer image, the only problem is if this could cause any problem in my eyesight by looking the circles not lined up could cause any problem but i guess i am worring for nothing :) But just to confirm... you DO see the circles perfectly lined even with eyes crossed, right ? You or anyone else here.

Szaxx

Hi,
To try this a link to the exact test would help.
Another test, obtain a picture quiz, the spot the difference type, look at these crosseyed as to create a middle image This will automatically reveal all the differences but tilting your head will only allow you a small 'lock' on this image.
A similar effect perhaps?

cesm23

Finally after a lot of googling here's the test : http://getinazone.com/get-energized/printable-brain-teasers
Check it out, then see if the circles are at the same height to you when you cross the eyes or if it's just me...

CFTraveler

Mine tilts just the same way.  Maybe it's normal, or we have the same tendencies.

light487

Tilt your head.. it lines up. :)

For me, it's my left eye that does the "cross" while my right eye, which is my dominant eye, stays focused. So the blue circle appears to move from left to right and ends up just slightly above the red one. If I tilt my head to the right, the blue circle goes down (in an arc), it I tilt my head to the left, the blue circle moves up (in an arc); while the red circle stays still.

Szaxx

Hi,
I tried it and its a circle with a cross as expected. The alignment must be level (height)  respect to your eyes but can be changed a little up or down and the central image remains. If it worries you then an opticians opinion could be sought.

CFTraveler

I was reclined sideways (like the romans as they ate grapes in cartoons) so it's easily explained.

cesm23

About tilting the head i have to forget it, my neck immediatly starts to ache a bit (maybe because i have to tilt a lot) so clearly moving the circle manually is the best solution.

Anyway then it seems it is a question of the eyes, in fact when i was a young kid i think i had a problem about my eyes i don't remember exactly but i think i had to use specially glases with some opaque tapes at the sides of the nose because of bad position of each eye (i can't explain this better) so maybe it was because of that.

Well, thanks for the feedback anyway to all of you