News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

paranormal life experiences leads to AP or LD

Previous topic - Next topic

serge

:-)
Hello, I am Serge. I am now 74 and looking back at a long life paved with a fair amount of what I would call paranormal experiences for lack of a better word.
As a young child I believe that I could step out of my physical body in broad daylight, leaving my physical environment and going to places and people  I enjoyed. This earned me the nickname of «the dreamer» or the «zombie», and a great deal of trouble at school where for a long time I was considered a lost case. This lasted on and off until puberty. My latest events occured around 15. I clearly remember bilocating (my body at one place, my consciousness elsewhere) which caused me image problems. I should say that at that time I was totally incapable of knowing what was happening to me, nor did I understand that others may be different. Then under peer or societal pressure I became normal. Did well at school and in life. And my personality swung to the other end of the spectrum. I became exclusively grounded in my physical environment and stayed that way for a long long time.
Then in my mid 30s a few events started triggering my curiosity for the supernatural. Not many, but quite memorable ones. Here is an account of two of them. I woke up once in the middle of the night feeling normal and fully awake, I looked at my spouse asleep peacefully  next to me and what I saw astounded me. Above her body, hovering  horizontal about six inches there was a duplicate of her body gently moving up and down (about half an inch). The double body was entirely made of tiny white lights, like a town seen at night from an airplane. When I became aware that I was not dreaming and that what I was seeing was real, I tried to touch her double and then it disappeared just as if it had been turned off.

My second memorable event was not at night. It was in broad day light. A saturday morning around 10 am. (It is important to note that I did not drink, nor did I do drugs. I was just an ordinary working guy with a young family). I was in the bathroom having a lazy weekend morning, ready to shave and facing the bathroom mirror, not thinking about anything in particular.  As I was looking at myself in the mirror the image of another individual appeared  instead of mine. It was ME in another body. Not a flattering one. Same age, same heigth, same hair colour, same eyes, but a much sturdier body, a bigger head, more body hair and the typical look of a neanderthal man. The vison only lasted a few seconds.

These were unique events which I never forgot. I told my spouse about them and she suggested that I kept them for myself if I did not want to be locked up.

Any explanation or accounts of similar experiences from the forum will be welcome.

Later in life, I  have read about the multidimensional nature of mankind and had a few limited sucess at OBEs or maybe just lucid dreaming. My timing was always in the hypnopompic state. I am typically  waking up but I can hold on to the dream world without too much difficulty. Being aware of my environment I can observe the scenery and the people, I can interact with them, I can fly, argue with individuals, do things, and when I finally wake up I remember many details. I am not sure what this all is. To me it seems like a parallel life in a parallel world. The world seems as real as the physical world with what appears to be irrational elements with respect to time, space and sequences of events. This world which I take is called the astral world if full of happy and unhappy moments just like this life on earth.

I would welcome comments from this forum and advice as to what I should do to gain a more controled and more frequent access to the astral.  :-DThanks :-D

Lumaza

Hello and Welcome Serge!  :-)

I thoroughly enjoyed your post here. It was like a trip down memory road. I am looking forward to many more like it in the future here!  :-)

Many of here first had our experiences very young. Then as we got older, we kind of strayed off from them. In other words, life happened and we became fully involved in this physical realm. After awhile though, the "non physical" fought back and we were receptive to it again. I always look for "commonalities" that we here share in general, instead of differences. There are many to be found. That's if we know where to look for them.

I myself had many nocturnal interruptions. For some reason, my feet and legs were always being touched. When that occurred I immediately pulled my blankets over my head and shook with fear. But, I never told a soul about that. People then didn't talk about that stuff anyways. I figured it was one of those things that happened to everyone, but for some reason nobody ever talked about. My feet and legs still get touched today. But when that happens I see it through and it normally will lead to a full blown OBE.

Then there was the time I talked to my dead dog as it was lying on the carpet in my room. Mom and Dad said it had "gone to the farm". But we all know what that means now, lol. Then there was my mean neighbor lady that passed away and I talked to her as well. So yes, we all here have shared some kind of experience with the paranormal.

What I didn't know until about 2011 was that it had been written about in depth and that my nightly experiences were actually "shifts" of consciousness while I was consciously aware. APs, OBEs and LDs fit nicely into a class all known as "non local states of consciousness". If you search that title on the Google, you will find some interesting research on it. The term was coined by Stanislav Graf.

You have come to a Forum where there is plethora of helpful information to be found. Every question that could possibly be asked on this topic has likely been discussed here, sometimes many times over. It is best to do a bit of perusing around. I would start with the basics, like simple terminology and FAQ's. Each Sub-forum also has some great "stickies". They are the threads in BOLD BLUE letters. They are extremely helpful as well.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_the_astral_faq-b46.0/

You could also PM (Private Message) anyone that you seem to agree with or bond to, for further help on a one to one basis. I enjoy helping people that are "serious" about learning this Art in general and there are other experienced members here that do the same.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

serge

Thanks Lumaza for taking the time to react to my post and for sharing some of your personal experiences in the paranormal. I will explore non local states of consciousness, as you suggest. I am also looking forward to reading  some of  the numerous threads to be found in this forum. I have already started and I should say that at first glance I am impressed by the depth and diversity of the conversations.
I have not visited yet such a rich and diversified forum.
Thanks again.

no_leaf_clover

Nice to meet you serge.  I'm glad you joined the forum.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?