News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Pendulum group experiment

Previous topic - Next topic

Vallk

Hi Edi,
You will receive my answers soon.

I was a little surprised though when I read your questions. Many of them are abstractions (as you say yourself in your instructions). I wonder how you want to get significant results with questions about angels and God and meditation. For sure everybody is not going to get the same answers for all those questions.

I think it would be much easier if we ask about facts only (like your personal questions)and like your very first question : 1 + 1 = 3. We are all sure about the answer.

What do you think?

Veo

Hello,
This is exactly the kind of experiment that I have been thinking about in the back of my head. Edi, I really appreciate your pulling it together and putting it out there. I have had a couple of thoughts as I began to go through the first few questions that I would like to present.

One of the most difficult things in gathering statistical data is compiling it at the end of the process and returning meaningful results. Along those lines I am thinking that if we were to all use the same basic key it would be much easier for Edi to compile our results.

Here is my proposal:
We could each report on the following 4 identifiers (using the limited values described) and then add any comments that are important for each question afterwards.

Time circling – Size of circle – Direction of circle – Answer

Time circling refers to how long the pendulum took before settling in on a definitive response.
The key for this value will be:
None .......... Pendulum hung or went directly to a response
Short ......... <5 seconds
Med ........... 5-15 seconds (medium)
Long .......... 15-30 seconds
Very Long ..... >30 seconds

Size of circle refers to how wild (big) the swing is. This is somewhat subjective and will be based on each persons experience with their personal pendulum.
None
Small
Middle
Large

Direction of circle
CW .... Clock-wise
CCW ... Counter Clock-wise
None .. No rotation

Answer- The small and large modifiers on the yes and no response are to indicate how vigorus the swing is.
Sm Yes ........ Small Yes
Lg Yes ........ Large Yes
Sm No ......... Small No   
Lg No ......... Large No
NC ............ Not conclusive

Example:
1.   Does 1 plus 1 equal 3?
Short – Small – CW – Lg Yes
Comment: the code above indicates a strong quick definitive Yes response

Edi, if you agree with the suggestions above then I think it would be good if you specified that you would like users to use it (possibly by editing your original post). That way results will be a little easier to interpret when the experiment is complete.

BTW – I really like that you put some personal questions out there that we can go and immediately see the results of – I am looking forward to getting to that part.

Best Regards,
Veo

P.S. The first question I asked my pendulum was – Do I have permission to ask the following questions and make the responses available to the Astral Pulse forum members?

ShaDoW86

hey good questions. I tired the personal ones which i was sure I wouldnt be able to guess and i got # 55, 61, 62, 64, and 65 all wrong. This iI knew would be a test for me. Maybe this isnt such a good way to test myself, i Dunno maybe i gotta change my Pendulum. I have been using it for a few days now, But the swings are that large at all, id say they are small. The first time they were huge, but now their very small.im beggining to dout all thisInsert

cainam_nazier

When do we get your totals?

Edi

Hi,

Veo, I appreciate your input here. Most of the pendulums behaviour depends on the individual which uses it. This is why I think that the variables you have suggested are not easily comparable, especially in this case. I do not hope to get more than a vague answer to the question "What type of questions will have the same answer for everyone?". If I had more than 20 people sending me their results, this additional information about the pendulums movement would be very well usable - but as of now I only got 2 and a half answers. This is too little to draw any conclusion, but it is still very interesting... maybe these are too many questions - I'd like to do the next session with less questions, more detailed, and with the answering scheme you suggested. Applying it here would make things too complicated - the questions were not crafted specifically to be able to use this information, and I'm not sure of I'll get at least 5 answers till the end of the week... maybe it just takes so much time to go through all this. We'll see. There are still some people in the process of learning how to use the pendulum at all, maybe they'll jump in later.

cainam_nazier, I will wait for results until Sunday evening and then I'll post the totals.

Edi
it's love you're looking for

Tao

ohhh... i can`t wait for it
It`s Sunday... it`s evening (at least where i am) lol
Show us the results :)

Mike :)

PS: don`t fake anything - we can handle the truth :)

Viper_05

hey... sorry for bumping this.. but i was just looking back to see what i missed, and well i tired this with my pendulum, and i would like to know if edi could post the answears to his personal questions, as i'd like to see how accurate my pandulum was

thanks again everyone

Edi

Hey Viper,

I'll be interested to see the results you got; however, no matter if your answers were correct or not, they were accurate in every case, and given to show you how the pendulum behaves ... well, but let's see the answers you got (if you want to post them), then I can comment more on it. Here are my answers:

54. No 55. No 56. No 57. Yes 58. No 59. No 60. Yes 61. No 62. No 63. Yes 64. No 65. No 66. Yes 67. Yes

cya,
 Edi

Viper_05

well here are mine they were amazingly pretty accurate with your answears

53. Am I allowed to get answers to the following personal questions about Edi?

yes

54. Does he have hair on his head longer than 5cm / 2 inches ?

no

55. Did he ever had a bone fracture?

yes

56. Does he have a pet?

no

57. Is he able to run very fast?

yes

58. Does he snowboard?

no

59. Does he think he spends too much time with computers?

yes

60. Are martial arts an important part of his life?

yes

61. Can he juggle with 5 balls?

yes

62. Can he do the handstand for more than 30 seconds?

no

63. Does he drink much tea?

yes

64. Does he own a skateboard?

no

65. Does he avoid eating meat whenever possible?

yes

66. Does he like to dance to electronic music?

no

67. Did he ever swim across the Danube River?

yes

no_leaf_clover

1. Does 1 plus 1 equal 3? - no

2. Is meditation necessary for spiritual development? - no

3. Does God exist? - no

4. Did Atlantis exist? - no
- Did civilization exist on Earth before Sumeria? yes
- Did the Atlantis Plato described exist? yes
- Do I have the wrong idea of what Atlantis was? yes
- Is this effecting my answers? yes
- Is this not effecting my answers? no ([:D])
(I'm still a bit confused as to whats wrong with this, but I'll move on..)

5. Are extraterrestrial beings on earth? yes

6. Does karma exist? yes

7. Does eating meat make people aggressive? yes
- Does it make people significantly more aggressive? no
- Does it effect some more than otheres? yes

8. Was Jesus born in a stable? no
- Was Jesus born in the Middle East? yes
Just making sure.

9. Is the sun a conscious being? yes

10. Did Ernest Rutherford die in 1937? yes

11. Do Dragons exist as they are commonly depicted? yes

12. Does everyone have a spirit guide? yes

13. Are all the secret chambers in the Cheops pyramid already discovered? yes
- Are there some the public doesn't know about? no

14. Can masturbation cause bad eyesight? yes
- Does masturbation by itself cause bad eyesight? no
I asked some further questions and came to the conclusion that if I'm doing this correctly, it actually does help cause bad eyesight in my case. [;)]

15. Are there persons living on earth today that are older than 150 years? yes
- Are there any human beings older than 150? no

16. Does the pendulm always tell the truth? no

17. Are plants able to feel pain? yes

18. Do plants grow on Saturn? no

19. Are plants able to suffer? yes

20. Did Isis ressurect Osiris after his death? yes

21. Was Osiris the brother of Isis? no

22. Is it possible to build a perpetuum mobile? (no regular or decipherable response - I don't even know what this is)

23. Do human beings normally reincarnate? yes

24. Do things stored inside of a pyramid get dehydrated and conservated? yes

25. Did Graham Bell build the first telephone in 1872? (no regular or decipherable response - This question must not be so simple)

26. Did the flood reported of in the bible really happen? yes
- Exactly the way it is reported in the Bible? no

27. Is the average livespan of men higher than that of women? no

28. Is a circle perfectly round? yes (a perfect circle is)

29. Do people often have fear of changes in their life? yes

30. Does intelligent life exist on Jupiter? no

31. Is it possible to cure diseases by prayer? yes

32. Should humanity show more respect to nature? yes

33. Was Abu Bark Muhammad ibn Zakariya Ar-Razi an Astronomer living in Bagdad? (no decipherable response)

34. Does a cat have personality? yes

35. Does a personality cease to exist after death? (no decipherable response)
- Does it continue to exist somewhere? yes

36. Does the sun rise in the east? yes

37. Does a cold shower help with astral projection? (no decipherable response - it just kept swinging in circles)

38. Does everyone have the same number of chakras? yes

39. Did Demokrit had bad eyesight in the last few weeks of his life? yes

40. Is telepathy between humans possible? yes

41. Do angels exist? (swings in circles)
- Were the angels referred to in the Bible Annaunaki? yes
- Are the angels people see today also Annunaki? no
- Are the angels people see today metaphysical beings? yes

42. Are crop circles made by humans? (swings in circles)
- Some have been forged by people, correct? yes
- And others were made by the Zeta? yes

43. Does the calendar of the mayas end on 21st December 2012? no
- Would that have been an important date for them, had they survived? yes
- Will that date be important for humanity? (swings in cricles)
- Won't some kind of change be noticeable by then? yes

44. Does the pendulum give random answers? (swings in cirlces)
- Are the answers the pendulum gives given without reason? no

45. Does smoking cause cancer? no
- Is there any relation between smoking and cancer? yes

46. Will medicine be able to cure cancer in 10 years? no

47. Is astral projection only imagination? (swings in circles)
- Can astral projection be likened to your mind wandering without a body?  yes

48. Did members of the government of the USA know that the World Trade Center would be attacked on September 11, 2001? yes

49. Is the human body designed to drink milk? yes

50. Did Mohammed migrate from Medina to Mekka in order to spread his teachings? yes

51. Can anything move faster than light? (swings in circles)
- Are there things that can move faster than light? yes

52. Are the pleiadians kinky creatures? yes

53. Am I allowed to get answers to the following personal questions about Edi? yes

54. Does he have hair on his head longer than 5cm / 2 inches ? yes

55. Did he ever had a bone fracture? no

56. Does he have a pet? yes

57. Is he able to run very fast? yes

58. Does he snowboard? yes

59. Does he think he spends too much time with computers? yes

60. Are martial arts an important part of his life? no

61. Can he juggle with 5 balls? yes

62. Can he do the handstand for more than 30 seconds? yes

63. Does he drink much tea? yes

64. Does he own a skateboard? no

65. Does he avoid eating meat whenever possible? yes

66. Does he like to dance to electronic music? yes

67. Did he ever swim across the Danube River? no

Well, there are my results. I used a bunch of paper clips linked together. Sometimes something odd would happen, and I would sort of feel an answer in my head but the pendulum would swing in a different motion. o.O
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

no_leaf_clover

Well, just off what you've posted so far, I've almost got all of your personal questions wrong, Edi. [8D]
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Edi

Hi everyone,

as promised I've prepared something to (hopefully) gain more "objective" knowledge about the pendulum. Forgive me my awkward english as it's not my mother tongue - if something is barely or not at all understandable, tell me!

I would be really happy to see many people participate in this group experiment. Your input will be very important for everyone to see how the pendulum behaves. If you pick up the pendulum, your confidence to it more or less depends on your beliefs. If you are unsure of its possibilities, if you are afraid of weird astral entities communicating with you, if you think your subconscious tells you a story - why should you believe someone who says that there is no danger at all involved, that it is in fact some intelligent "other side" you are communicating with? We have people who trust it (maybe too much), we have people who question it (maybe too much). If you have different opinions about a certain thing, it often may lead to more insight if you manage to find a bigger model which embraces all the opinions - which can show how one person can be right and wrong at the same time, depending on the point of view, the definition of the vocabulary involved and the focus on specific details. Can the pendulum give objective answers? What is objectivity? Can it tell about things outside of your (sub)consciousness? Are its answers totally made up by your mind? What is true? Does truth exist? What is truth? I want to find answers to these (and many more) questions. Not only for myself, for everyone.

The following list of questions is very rough - just some things I collected during the last 3 days and which seemed suitable for this purpose. I believe this will give us only a blurred picture about the pendulums possibilities - if the results look promising, there will be many many things to delve further into by fine-tuning the questions and going more into detail together. The difficulty in finding good questions is that almost everything depends on how we see things. If you take as an example "Is meditation necessary for spiritual development?" you cannot simply ask the question, get an answer and that's it. What is mediation for you? Is it sitting in the grass, doing nothing? Is it listening to music? Is meditation for you a word which encompasses multiple different activities or concepts? Or is it only a certain, well defined technique you are thinking about when you say "meditation"? It could well be that 2 persons talking superficially about meditation are talking about completely different things, and this could be the case with almost every word we use. We attribute certain meanings to certain words, based on our education, our society, our personality and so on. We don't ask the same questions, even if they are identically if written down in words. "Spiritual development" - I hear this phrase so often, but what does it mean for a person talking about it? Is it showing love and being kind to everyone? Is it being able to astral project? Is it seeing visions? Is it being able to talk telepathically to a guide? So - the answer depends not only on the question, but also on the questioner! It is by challenging your belief set and seeing how you "define" your world that you can change how you percieve it and be open for other possibilities you did not see before.

If you want to participate please follow these simple guidelines:
1) Take your time! You don't have do to all the questions in one rush. Maybe you find a question about a topic you are interested in - dig into it, explore it. This will show you what the words you phrased the question with mean for you, only in this way will you be able to fully understand the answer. People who have difficulties finding things to ask may get some starters here, also.
2) For every question, write down the answer of the pendulum - and if you notice something peculiar about its movement please note it, too! Did it just go to the "Yes" swing, did it go clockwise or anticlockwise first, can't it decide between "Yes" or "No" and so on.. everything is important and has significance here, as we want to know more about the mechanics of the pendulum.
3) Please tell me also if you think you are using the pendulum correctly. Are sure about its movements? Do you clearly recognize the answer, or is it sometimes difficult? Or are you already used to it and have a good connection, a good feeling?
4) When you are done, please send me your results via Private Message or e-mail. Do NOT post them in this thread, as everyone should get the answers independently, without the possibility of being influenced by other members' answers.
5) Feel free to write me any comments or ideas. I urge you to.

I will wait 7 days for your answers and post a summary/analysis afterwards. You may notice that there are different types of questions - but I'll leave that for next week.

The questions:

1. Does 1 plus 1 equal 3?

2. Is meditation necessary for spiritual development?

3. Does God exist?

4. Did Atlantis exist?

5. Are extraterrestrial beings on earth?

6. Does karma exist?

7. Does eating meat make people aggressive?

8. Was Jesus born in a stable?

9. Is the sun a conscious being?

10. Did Ernest Rutherford die in 1937?

11. Do Dragons exist as they are commonly depicted?

12. Does everyone have a spirit guide?

13. Are all the secret chambers in the Cheops pyramid already discovered?

14. Can masturbation cause bad eyesight?

15. Are there persons living on earth today that are older than 150 years?

16. Does the pendulm always tell the truth?

17. Are plants able to feel pain?

18. Do plants grow on Saturn?

19. Are plants able to suffer?

20. Did Isis ressurect Osiris after his death?

21. Was Osiris the brother of Isis?

22. Is it possible to build a perpetuum mobile?

23. Do human beings normally reincarnate?

24. Do things stored inside of a pyramid get dehydrated and conservated?

25. Did Graham Bell build the first telephone in 1872?

26. Did the flood reported of in the bible really happen?

27. Is the average livespan of men higher than that of women?

28. Is a circle perfectly round?

29. Do people often have fear of changes in their life?

30. Does intelligent life exist on Jupiter?

31. Is it possible to cure diseases by prayer?

32. Should humanity show more respect to nature?

33. Was Abu Bark Muhammad ibn Zakariya Ar-Razi an Astronomer living in Bagdad?

34. Does a cat have personality?

35. Does a personality cease to exist after death?

36. Does the sun rise in the east?

37. Does a cold shower help with astral projection?

38. Does everyone have the same number of chakras?

39. Did Demokrit had bad eyesight in the last few weeks of his life?

40. Is telepathy between humans possible?

41. Do angels exist?

42. Are crop circles made by humans?

43. Does the calendar of the mayas end on 21st December 2012?

44. Does the pendulum give random answers?

45. Does smoking cause cancer?

46. Will medicine be able to cure cancer in 10 years?

47. Is astral projection only imagination?

48. Did members of the government of the USA know that the World Trade Center would be attacked on September 11, 2001?

49. Is the human body designed to drink milk?

50. Did Mohammed migrate from Medina to Mekka in order to spread his teachings?

51. Can anything move faster than light?

52. Are the pleiadians kinky creatures?

I seperated these remaing questions from the others because of their special nature. What you need to know: I hereby declare that the answers to the following questions about my personal life should be available to everyone. Particularly, every person participating in this group experiment should be allowed to get answers to these questions. This is my will. If you want, you can see the answers at http://edi.ganymed.org/pendulum.html ... I wonder if this will work as expected :)
By the way, the Danube is the big river which flows through Vienna, the city I am living in at the moment.

The personal questions:

53. Am I allowed to get answers to the following personal questions about Edi?

54. Does he have hair on his head longer than 5cm / 2 inches ?

55. Did he ever had a bone fracture?

56. Does he have a pet?

57. Is he able to run very fast?

58. Does he snowboard?

59. Does he think he spends too much time with computers?

60. Are martial arts an important part of his life?

61. Can he juggle with 5 balls?

62. Can he do the handstand for more than 30 seconds?

63. Does he drink much tea?

64. Does he own a skateboard?

65. Does he avoid eating meat whenever possible?

66. Does he like to dance to electronic music?

67. Did he ever swim across the Danube River?