News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Premonitions AND Bad Memory...

Previous topic - Next topic

kizzyboy328

Ok I always have premonitions.. Like if i am switching through the Menu Guide on tv, i see the name of a show... Immediatly i remember an episode of that show, and what do u know, when i turn to that tv show its the same episode.

Also, i was walking through my living room, NOT watching TV, and a show was on. I think it was Law and Order or something, mind you i never watch this show, and all of the sudden i start thinking about some other show that i watched that isn't on TV at the moment because of season changes. After about 5 minutes an actor that was on the TV show that i watched was on Law and Order.

I was wondering if anybody could explain this to me.. or if im some kind of psychic or something...lol

AND, The second part of my question.

I am constantly forgetting things.. One major thing i forget is setting the coffee pot so it will come on when i wake up.

It is realy simple to set, you just empty the coffee filter, put another in, put coffee in, put water in the coffee pot, then press a button to have it come on at a later time. But the thing is i am always forgetting to do one of those thing.. Like pushing the button, puting the water in the coffee pot, or putting coffee in it.

Is this in any way related to my Premonitions, or anything other than some kind of brain disorder....lol?
In bed my real love has always been the sleep that rescued me by allowing me to dream.

SSJ4SephirothX

I'm not too sure about the prenomitions even though I sometimes have them myself.

As far as your memory loss is concerned though, I have been having this happen to me as well.  Have you been under a lot of stress lately?  For me, I'm under stress at work which causes me to forget things to do with work.  I have come to the conclusion due to the abundance of projects and other factors that have to do with the job and also the fact that the company is disorganized heavily, I have no interest therefore I don't remember.  Mind you, I have been diagnosed with ADHD in the past and supposedly, people with ADHD forget what bores them hence my position.

The reason why I am mentioning my dilemma is to see if you relate to my situation.  If you do relate, then most likely you're forgetting things due to stress and severe boredom.
"We will make everything metal! Blacker than the blackest black, times infinity!"

Norsk Black Metal ist Krieg! \m/ ^O-O^ \m/

Sharpe

I think I found the answer to the mysterious tv premonitions.
When I follow a show I probably subconsciously count the episodes and form an episode guide in my head, that's how powerfull the subconscious is.
And if I look at the "idea" of the show, anywhere, a commercial or a tv guide, the episode jumps into your head.

morning_star

Interesting theory.  Since it is purely scientific and does not rely on any kind of supernatural ability, perhaps you could design a way to test your hypothesis.

star travla

Is your memory bad in shot term memory or long term memory or both?

Sharpe

Well, it can't be scientificly tested (too bad).
For that you would need the subject to be unknowing.

kizzyboy328

but how is it that i predict what episode of that certain show is on..

I dont remember like the schedule of the shows, im just channel hopping and i see it and remember a past episode that was on...

One time i was going through channels and saw a show, i remembered an episode of that show that i watched like 5 years ago.. and there it was lol.
In bed my real love has always been the sleep that rescued me by allowing me to dream.

Sharpe

Well you still remember the first time you masturbated right?
There you go, that was a long time too.

morning_star

He's talking about thinking of a show before you change to a channel and the show is coincidentally on at that time right after you thought about it. He's not talking about remembering what shows are on which channels.

iNNERvOYAGER

Hi,

don't be overly concerned about setting up the coffee pot from memory, that's why people use check lists to help in operating machines.

For example, a bit more complicated but perfectly relavant, check lists are essential for the safe flight of aircraft.

Even a mentally nimble pilot relies on checklists, if not, we would many aircraft accidents everyday.

SnakeDoctor

Quote from: Sharpe on October 18, 2007, 14:56:36
Well you still remember the first time you masturbated right?

thats a no for me...i dont even know when i first noticed pubic hair...just feels like its always been there....also have a scar i don't remember getting...right under my left boob.

just thought i'd put my 2 cents in...but topic wise...i do the tv thing too, just add phone calls and emails.

Embodied Words

Ah! My dad does this! He'll be sitting around at work or something, and he'll just suddenly remember a scene from a movie. He'll go home and THAT NIGHT the movie will be on T.V., playing that EXACT SCENE. He does this all the time. Course, he's an moron. Yer not an moron are you? Maybe it's something only butt***** can do.  :-D
There are in every man, always, two simultaneous allegiances, one to God, the other to Satan. Invocation of God, or Spirituality, is a desire to climb higher, that of Satan, or animality, is delight in descent.

- Charles Baudelaire (1821-1867)

SnakeDoctor

yeah probably EM, cause im an A-hole :D

Embodied Words

There are in every man, always, two simultaneous allegiances, one to God, the other to Satan. Invocation of God, or Spirituality, is a desire to climb higher, that of Satan, or animality, is delight in descent.

- Charles Baudelaire (1821-1867)

SilverSlider

Quote from: SnakeDoctor on October 25, 2007, 04:49:09

thats a no for me...i dont even know when i first noticed pubic hair...just feels like its always been there....also have a scar i don't remember getting...right under my left boob.

just thought i'd put my 2 cents in...but topic wise...i do the tv thing too, just add phone calls and emails.

Freaking phone calls, my god...there are so many times I grab my phone thinking "oh I thought my phone was ringing," then it will!

For myself, if I'm into a show, I noticed that the dialogue plays through my head when I'm not watching the show, therefore at some point there is a good chance if you really like a show you will be thinking of a scene, while it is playing.

The weirder thing for me is that the characters in shows I watch start to take over for my internal dialogue and I hear them saying random things that would normally just be "said" by my internal dialogue voice. All in all it's not too weird because I've always been able to imagine anyone/thing doing anything.

edit: I was also going to say that you probably don't have a bad memory - the focus of your awareness just isn't in places that you would like it to be. It seems like there are many things that I will consistently forget until one time I think "hey I forget this all the time - I'm going to remember," and I say it with conviction, KNOWING that I will remember....usually I do.