News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Psychic statistics

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayru

Psions are hard to notice. I'm experiencing the same thing as you. It has only happened once or twice that I knew absolutely for sure that a guy/girl was practising Psionics. Why or how I knew that, I really don't know.

I usually do this to try and figure out if somebody is a Psion, though even then I'm never sure about it:
I start looking for shields. A lot, if not all people, have a shield, whether they're psion or not, so look for the more stronger and complicated shield. Of course, even then you'll never know for sure, but you may bump into something interesting. Also, bored Psions like to play with constructs at school. Most Psions I know have told me that and I am one of those persons who create random constructs in class. Try searching for constructs in your school, and retrieve the psisig. Then start looking for the person with that psisig. In a bored class, I like to practice shielding or Telepathy. Last day I tried to cloak myself, or I start pinging random person, or broadcast that there's an horrible evil alien sitting next to me (nobody then will sit next to me, though they don't know why they don't want to. I love that, and it's handy too, since my class consist of the biggest morons this planet has ever had the honor to know). Try to find some of those thingies, like telepathic broadcasts, etc. Scan random people, and see if they react on it, maybe by looking around and shielding. There are 1001 possibilities to try and find out if somebody is practising psionics or not. :D

That's what I do.. Hope it works as good for you as for me. Note that, even if I was absolutely sure that somebody was a Psion, I never asked him/her about it. Don't ask why, I don't even know myself. ^.^"

PyroPsion69

Ha that reminds me of my friend who randomly stages cold psiball/snoball fights in band. The wierd thing about scanning for shields is with anyone, non or psion, I pick up like some sort of residual sheild, as if everyone subconciously projects a sheild, or maybe its just my own weird way of interpreting auras. I've also tried sending energy at right angles to people in the hall and see who looks the other way. I'm starting to really wish I knew time distortion[:P] Anyone else know any other tips?

Nayru

quote:
A lot, if not all people, have a shield, whether they're psion or not

There. So it's not you, they all have a shield. And as I said, don't look for just shields, but look for the more complicated ones. [^]

beavis

I try not to have shields. If I dont like an entity, I will deal with it after it comes.

WalkerInTheWoods

quote:
gets kinda lonely after a while ya know?

When one chooses to stray from the "normal" path of a society, it is a lonely path indeed.
I have rarely met anyone that shares my views. I have been alone in my studies and travels most of my life. It seems that unless you are lucky, such paths are lonely ones. Luckily with the internet, we can find others to chat with.

quote:
I try not to have shields. If I dont like an entity, I will deal with it after it comes.

Those that live a sheltered life usually have a hard time dealing with it and the world. While we want to be happy and experience only pleasant things, it is usually through the unpleasant and difficult experiences that we grow the most.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

PyroPsion69

The funny thing is being a teen lends itself to loneliness a lot of the time anyways, and I still have all my close friends. So its only kinda lonely in the psionic sense because I have only one person to practice with.

ASunnieSpirit

I dont mean to be stupid but,

can someone tell me what a Psion is??? or better yet give me some links [:)]
I tried an internet search and alls i got was computer technical stuff.

thanx
Im walking on sunshine :)

PyroPsion69

I think of a psion is anyone who practices or has a natural talent for telepathy, esp, or psychokinesis etc.

A quote from the movie Minority Report (great movie, first one I've seen that doesn't make psychics look like scams or gypsies) is that you don't chose things you believe in, they come to you.

dino333

Hmmm... school, that's a great place to work towards building psionic abilities. It's the one place boring enough to concentrate for 80 minutes at a time. I must try this! Oh, it's the weekend. Meh, good enough.

PyroPsion69

Yea nothing like having psi ball conmpetitions in the middle of latin class to pass the time. You would figure that other psions would pick it up, but I haven't had too much experience with energy detection (from other people). Also from the scrambled bits I was able to discen from my subconcious, it seems that the other psions in the area are not as experienced (though its always hard to discern from psychic subconcious messages from concious "imputs" ahhh I hate when my mind makes stuff up!)

dino333

I've only briefly skimmed the idea of psionics but am now actually seriously looking into it. Sometimes at school I get an odd feeling about someone, almost like they have a secret that they're not exactly hiding mentally

PyroPsion69

Sounds like unintentional telepathy to me, you brain is picking up on surface thoughts of that pseron. Simple things that are easily picked up, like if a song is stuck in their head, general feelings about you if you are talking, or as you said if they are lying or not. It happens to me a lot, I just think things right before people say it, you get used to it after while.

PyroPsion69

AHA I got it...why not have an addition to AstralPulse somewhere, I dunno stick a link to it somewhere on the forum, and have a map - like Map quest kinda cept it would be used to help newerish psychics and the like find each other. People would voluntarily place a marker on the map, it could probably be tied in with the account of the forum, so people could zoom in on their region and see who's around them.

fireprooflighter

quote:
Originally posted by PyroPsion69

AHA I got it...why not have an addition to AstralPulse somewhere, I dunno stick a link to it somewhere on the forum, and have a map - like Map quest kinda cept it would be used to help newerish psychics and the like find each other. People would voluntarily place a marker on the map, it could probably be tied in with the account of the forum, so people could zoom in on their region and see who's around them.

Good idea. I would like to find people in my area who are into stuff like this. [|)]

PyroPsion69

Yea, I think I might propose this to one of the moderators. Question to mods: Do you know who has the script to the site? It says this Zufo person designed it, I am not sure if he is in charge with updating it or not.

PyroPsion69

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the population density of the community - like how many psions per nons in say the 14-18 age range. Cause it seems like thats where all the neophytes are, but in my school, where there are about 3000 people, I haven't run into a single one (cept the ones I've taught myself). I've tried a lot of scanning, but damn that gets tiring after a while. I've als tried large constructs like psychic lighthouses, no effect. It just seems like the nutty place that my high school is there would be more psions...gets kinda lonely after a while ya know?