News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

psychomanteum

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

I have not tried this or read the book but I have heard this has been practiced for a long time. Some show I was watching said it dated back to ancient Rome, but I suspect it might go back much further. I think that with such a history it would have some merit.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Hephaestus

Its been shown that sitting in a dark room and stareing at a mirror for a long period of time can cause hillusinations - there was a test done.

lucid dancer

So, would the hallucinations be caused by the viewer, or would they be images coming from an outside source? (imaginary or real?)

jilola

The mirror trick sounds like a simple sensory deprivation experiment. The brain starts to interpret random synaptic discharges and goes into  bit of a feedback loop to provide itself with input to work with.
Since the mirror is set up so that it doesnät reflect anything for the viewe to see and because we are conditioned to expect images in the mirror the brain provides them.

2cents

jouni

koshka

Here is an internet site with instructions for building a psychumanteum:
www.manteum.com .  

It seems to me in reviewing the various evocative technigues, e.g. the "witches' cradle," flotation tank, ecstatic dance, drumming, etc., that these tire and confuse the "suibconscious" mechanism R.B. has described in A.D. which always seeks to orient the ego in time and space.  At some point the breadcrumb trail through the forest of experience is overwhelmed by a blizzard of snow and the ego must use other means of navigation accounting.

lucid dancer

I don't think I follow you exactly.  It's good to see that you're still here.  So you've been reading up on that, huh? I used to think that scrying wasn't a big deal. It's great for developing your psychic vision.  However, after reading RB's PPSD, I'm having second thoughts.  Any type of spirit communication devise can be dangerous.  I haven't played my qija board, tarot cards, etc.  Knowing that they may invite other spirits/negs, I want to be as careful as possible.  I think projection is the best way to go. That's still not totally safe, but at least you can see who's around you.  It's great that you're taking your time with this. Let us know how your luck is going!

astralmaster

if anyone is intersted i can email them a file called:" a short course in scrying" that covers all of these topis. written by Benjamin Rowe - a well know accult member and author.

the file is in pdf format

David
David

koshka

> astralmaster
I'll look up that author.  We haven't had much luck with PDF reading.

> lucid dancer
We're not doing this for a lark, of course.  The pain of our son's passing is an immense continuing presence.  I've read Fr. Martin's HOSTAGE TO THE DEVIL and other texts precisely about the mysyery of objective evil in our world.  Take a look at David Icke's BIGGEST SECRET, or his website:
www.davidicke.com .  Also Kathleen Keatings articles and books accessed at: www.kathleenkeating.com .  (I'm not putting too much time into each individual post because it might all go away.)

koshka

Dr. Moody reports that many people have an experience after just 5 minutes within the PM (psychomanteum chamber).  It's not necessarily a long session.  
The "witches' cradle" was described to me once.  A therapist had one installed at their clinic office.  This bed board was suspended on a yoke.  The patient's tiniest movement would cause the bed to yaw...rotate, etc.  Think of holding your eyes closed while on a swing.  Soon the inner ear and all that gyro mechanism must give up the project of registering where and when you...are.  
Privately, Moody and others will say that the PM "apparition" is indistinguishable from reality.  They use the word "apparition" as the chess player uses sustained contact with a piece just moved.  
I shall report results.

astralmaster

koshka,
you will not find any banjamin rowe on amazon or the sort. He is well known in the esoteric circles. You may find some info on the net if you cuncuct a search. My offer to email it still stands. If you need help with the technical aspect. of reading a pdf file, pm me and i'll try to help.

David
David

koshka

Sure, astralmaster --

"Gimme da meat."  (F. Scott Fitzgerald told an overly verbal friend that all the English one would really need to know in America consisted of 3 utterances: "Yeah...Naw...and, Gimme da meat.")  My email is profiled under "Koshka" ("cat" in Russian -- the name of our Russian blue).

koshka

Dr. Raymond Moody has described his research and practice with the psychomanteum environment in his book REUNION.  He includes crystal gazing, water gazing...all manner of reflective media.  In Moody's "Theater of the Mind," a quiet, darkened room with a comfortable, supportive chair facing  a wall with a mirror hung so as not to reflect the gazer.  Apparitions of very convincing presence ("realer than real") are quite common and spontaneous in appearance with anyone attending.  Any experiencers with this?