News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Mind reading?

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe_Oh

I may get an earfull or 2 for asking this but how does one get into the skill of reading minds? I'm guessing that first one has to be really focused and be able to handle the undisiplined thoughts of others and expect some crazy uninhibited mental mayhem.

But beyond that, can one just "hear" verbal thoughts, and or just see flashes of images, or just sensations like smell or touch?

Thanx-

P.S. I'm talking about mind reading as in what the person is putting out at that moment, *NOT* mind probing like searching for an inactive memory.
Faith is falling into the Abyss knowing that eternity will catch you.
--------------------------------------------------
Humans are to Magick.......As monkeys are to double-barrel shotguns! :)

G3MM4

Ever heard of Dannion Brinkley? He wrote a book describing his NDE and afterwards discovered that he had the ability to read people's minds.

I'm not sure that it can be "learnt". Maybe it can, but I've never heard of anyone "learning" to read minds. If you're psychic, that may be another story altogether.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Dr. Wayne  W. Dyer

Please visit Astral Planet.

Psan

I've never heard any techs for learning the kind of mind reading you wish, that is direct hearing of thoughts. But I've seen two practical approaches -
1. Learn non-verbal communication. Its commonly called body language, but is more than reading one's body. We give away most of our (secret) thoughts unknowingly.
2. Open your heart chakra. You'll become over-sensitive to others feelings (not left-brain thought). Sometimes its very annoying but.

Psan

G3MM4

Quote from: PsanI've never heard any techs for learning the kind of mind reading you wish, that is direct hearing of thoughts. But I've seen two practical approaches -
1. Learn non-verbal communication. Its commonly called body language, but is more than reading one's body. We give away most of our (secret) thoughts unknowingly.
2. Open your heart chakra. You'll become over-sensitive to others feelings (not left-brain thought). Sometimes its very annoying but.

I don't think that is quite the same thing as telepathy.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Dr. Wayne  W. Dyer

Psan

Its obviously not.
Telepathy can be a two way communication, you can send and receive messages. It usually occurs if there is a strong emotional relatinoship between the involved persons. It can be spontaneous (mostly reported after it occurs unknowingly).
Mind reading is one way. Getting the information with or without the consent of the subject by whatever methods possible, physical or non-physical. Its clearly intensional.

AstralSailor

Quote from: PsanIts obviously not.
Telepathy can be a two way communication, you can send and receive messages. It usually occurs if there is a strong emotional relatinoship between the involved persons. It can be spontaneous (mostly reported after it occurs unknowingly).
Mind reading is one way. Getting the information with or without the consent of the subject by whatever methods possible, physical or non-physical. Its clearly intensional.

Yeah that is a great explanation i feel :)
I think the first thing to do is to really realize you are allready doing this on a daily basis you are just not aware of it...
What i do is i try to send suggestions to other peoples "minds""consciousnesses" like  "hello" or "hey you" and other things and more often you tend to get a response. Now what i think is interesting you can try this really easy in a good way i found..
You know when you shout some name in a crowd of people and you are focusing on this one person that is not aware that you are shouting at him/her.. Well for me and people i have told this about more often is seems that only that person out of everyone will turn around and look...
I sometimes go about asking people that i don't know that are passing by my in town or where ever what their names are and the first one that pops up and really the first one i don't mean any toughed you imagined by your own just the actual "first" one seems to be the that persons name.. I test this sometimes and they will turn around and say "do i know you" or such things"...
I think telepathy can very easily be "learned" or more like remembers sense we are all doing it but most of us is not really "aware-->AWARE" of it..

There is a book by Robert Peterson's called "Astral Projection" and that has info on telepathy and i think it is very worth reading.. Plus it is a free online book :)
I would give you the link but I'm at my home PC so i don't have it bookmarked here sorry :S
Do a google search it you don't have it :)
might be www.robertpetterson.org (but I'm not sure)

Love and Light //Erik

G3MM4

I want to point out that telepathy is more often used in dreams and the spirit world. As we are spirits, this would come naturally to us whether we are in physical plane or elsewhere, but as AstralSailor says, most of us are not aware of it.

Psan

I agree, we know each and every thought of others, but somehow the knowledge gets buried deep inside the subconscious.

Nick

The development of psychic abilities is possible. Such skills as clairvoyance, clairaudience, precognition and such can be enhanced in each of us. The practice that you can do that help such abilities along are often mentioned in this forum. They are practices such as meditation, energy work, obe/ap/phasing practice, yoga and so forth.

Some people seem born with a natural ability, yet many of us have to work at it. Best wishes in your endeavors.  :)

Regards,
Nick
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson