News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Reality check!

Previous topic - Next topic

steveb

Greetings bitsmart,
       The cardboard cutout syndrome, I get this alot when doing awareness walks, being in the momment. At times I think Rodger Rabbit is going to peer out from behind a tree. It's strange for me, being in the momment you seem to see things at a base level. I get a feeling it's not so much the visual things, ie :  tree's,birds, buildings ect, it's the nothing ,the void in between,the air.
The nothing changes form, the nothing attains substance.
        It puts me in mind of science looking at the universe and beyond. There trying put it all togeather with all the mathmatical theories according to our earthly derived physics. Theres more nothing than anything else, I think they call it "dark matter", I dunno,  is the nothing the key ?.

Regards  steve

Grenade01

Holographic universe tripped me out like that too.
That book is rad...

I wanna see that umbrella thing hahaha

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

Ashfo

Is it an e-book by chance? ^_^

- Ashfo

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."

steveb

Greetings all,
        Bitsmart, I would be interested to know, when you see the cardboard cutout effect, is it when you want to see it, or does it just appear,and for how long. Reason I asked is that about 4 mth's ago I had what I can only discribe as an prolonged excellent scary reality experience
          As i said, it was about 4 mths ago, I'm a truck driver( car transporter ), out on the road most of the day driving. Anyhow, this one particular morning I'm driving along one of our major freeways when all of a sudden everything didn't seem right, I had the feeling i had the handbrake on or something, I felt as if i was slowing. I looked at the speedo,100 km, looked at the cars left and right of me, they were doing the same speed. I'm still thinking that i'm slowing down, I check the speedo, 100km, i'm thinking, " no way". This kept happening to the stage were I really thought i was stationary and stuck in time. I felt as though I was going to dissapear, I thought, i cant be like this, this is dangerous. I was going to pull over,radio the depot and tell them to pick the truck up because theres something wrong with me. I didn't, I kept on driving.
       My next job was to pick a car up from the rear of the Hilton hotel Melb. I arrived to pick the vehicle up and the only access was down a small service lane, I'm looking at this laneway thinking,"I cant fit down there in this state,oh my God, I may have to speak to someone like this. Anyhow, I did the job and continued my day. This feeling later went as quick as it came.
        This state lasted for about 3 hours solid, I do not do drugs,do not drink and am in good health. The only thing I can compare it to is taking a trip( LSD ). I did a lot of  drugs in my early twenty's, if I had have taken a tab I could understand it, it would have been an excellent morning. but to have it happen out of nowhere was downright bloody scary.
          I still do not have a clue what it was. If anyone reading this post has had a simmaliier expeirance as above or might have any clues. I'm open to any ideas.

Reards  steve

bitsmart

Ashfo: Unfortunately, The Holographic Universe is not an e-book, but I'm sure you can find some information regarding this concept online. David Bohm is the one who made it well known, and he is a renowned physicist. Do a search, you'll most likely turn up something...

steveb: The cardboard cutout effect becomes apparent when I look for it, but it originally came from me looking closely at a 'down a street' view. I just suddenly realized that day that reality could take on that appearance. What you experienced sounds a lot to me like the subjective slowing down of time. Experiment with it (when you're not driving.) Have a friend take a dollar bill and hold it out between finger and thumb, hanging down the long way (so the picture is sideways.) Put your finger and thumb around it lower down, not touching, and tell your friend to drop it at some point, and try to catch it. It's a lot harder than it sounds, but try to slow things down so your reflexes improve. BTW, your idea about the nothing sounds right to me, I think that appearance is related to whatever that visual phenomenon is.

Yay! I'm not crazy!...wait, now I don't get any thorazine...crap.

P.S. I can't even look at the stars anymore. They all appear to blink and jiggle, and fade in and out. Something is definitely changing in my visual perception.

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

Grenade01

Man
Reality is trippy
haha

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

steveb

Greetings all,

[Bitsmart], ye , Iv'e tried the dropping thing, I seem to have good reflex's in that area. A good party trick to try, hold one arm oustreched in front of you, place cloths peg between your thumb and forefinger and just hold the peg open, get someone standing/sitting in front to motion around the held peg in a circular motion at at about 30 cm away from the peg, slowly make the circle smaller. I've seen grown men nearly cry trying to hold the peg open.Myself included. I've only done it when stoned, but it should work when not.
"I know, I know ,small things amuse small minds", but hey it's funny.
         Regarding the driving thing, Medically ,I wonder if the body could somehow release chemicals or something in one hit.

[Ashfo], next week in Melbourne there having the annual Mind, Body and Soul expo, I've been told you can get good second hand cheap books and things. Maybe your city may run a simmaliar annual expo.?

[Grenade], reality is a trippy thing, thats why the driving thing was so scary, it's a fine line at the best of times.

Regards Steve

kakkarot

stevenb: bitsmart is right; your perception of time is changing. i practice the martial arts (or at least i used to, and i will again) and there were times when the same thing happened to me when i was training. everything just seemed like it was moving too slow to be real. i have been able to mimic these random events and have since learned how to control my brain so that i can force my perception and processing to speed up so that time, once again, slows down. kinda like in the Spiderman movie (KICK ***!!!! movie) where parker is dodging the punches of the big guy. try it sometime, it's pretty fun and can even be handy in certain situations.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

lucid dancer

Holographic theory brings back good memories.  I read a book when I was in high school. It was the perfect time to read a book like that, while I was already questioning reality.  Some of the facts were trippy.  For example: discovering the blind spot right in front of my face, and the brain automatically creates an image to fill in the void.  Weird!  I read about synchrinicity after that, then couldn't keep up with chaos. Good stuff!   Sometimes while veiwing mountains or anything outside, the view actually looks like a painting.  Hmmm...

Ashfo

Hmmmm....

I dont get the party trick... how is that difficuilt?

- Ashfo

"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."

cainam_nazier

Bismart-
"P.S. I can't even look at the stars anymore. They all appear to blink and jiggle, and fade in and out. Something is definitely changing in my visual perception."

I have had that for years.  Do you have any thoughts on it?

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

steveb

Greetings all,

Ashfo ,       hhmmm,     point taken, I just tried it with a cloths peg, could have held it there all night. I know it was over twenty years since we used to do it and we were pretty stoned. Cloths pegs havn't changed that much i'd suspect.
              I know i didn't imagine, i just looked in an old photo album, and yep, theres a picture of one he old crew during a session, red in the face holding a peg out ( the pegs just out of frame, cant tell what type).
               I can only say , dont do it at a party, what a fizzer. If ya do,use a bloody big peg.

Regards  Steve

bitsmart

quote:
Originally posted by cainam_nazier:
I have had that for years.  Do you have any thoughts on it?

I've been sober and clean about five months now, and my vision is so f-n' clear right now I can't believe it. I don't remember seeing this clearly even being a child. Mind you, I have to wear my glasses, but it seems like something's improved. However, there is a weird play going on, and has been for some time. It's related to this sparkly-energetic visual phenomenon that has been talked about but NOONE can give me a clear (pun intended) answer as to what the significance of it is. Yeah, it's related to increasing awareness, but specifically how? I see colors, geometric shapes, things in the shadows. If I focus on a bumpy plaster ceiling, it starts doing strange things. I'm really leaning towards it being related to clairvoyance, but still noone can give me a straight answer. This is a big riddle I'm trying to solve right now...

Between the cardboard cutout syndrome, seeing energetic wisps and sparkles, seeing the ceiling come alive, and having a hard time enjoying the stars, this has really caught my attention. I know I'm not the only one it's happening to, as there was another thread where others posted their experiences with it. Help? Explanation? Anything?

bitsmart -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

lucid dancer

Yes! I have also experienced the phenominon.  It's funny ...I haven't mentioned it to a lot of people, because I thought they were flashbacks from a drug!  I am drugfree now,  but you know it's supposed to stay with you.  Anyway, I always see sparklies, particularly, anything that is hit by the sunlight.  These sparklies aren't random.  They take on geometric patterns.  Sometimes it reminds me of an electric spider web ( but not in that shape).  I like to believe that I'm seeing energy patterns.  If you are viewing things in the real time, they take on a liquid look.

cainam_nazier

Oddly when I think of these little sparkily thing I can not help but also think of Star Wars.  Midicaloreans (sp?), basically the thing(s) that aloow for the force.  Another form of life living in sibiosis(sp?) with them giving one the ability to listen and see things in a different light.  

Just another one of those things that makes you wonder if someone knew something that everyone else didn't.

"Qui-Gon sir.  I heard Master Yoda say something about Midicaloreans.  I don't understand, what's a Midicalorean?"  Anakin Skywalker, TPM.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

unvrslcon

I started to read the tibetan book of the living and dying a few years ago. One of the things it pointed out was that the world was an illusion. After this i started to see the world under a new light. Every thing seemed fake to me. I thought i was going crazy because i didn't expect to actually see it as an illusion. This illusion like world would only come forth in spurts at first, then it happend all the time. I read the Holographic universe and that helped me not go crazy. It seems that im seeing the illusion of space. I see the world as a computer animation program. The base is a grid and everything else are 3-d objects clicked into place. Does any one else seem to see it this way or is my perception tuned to a different frequency.

Ps. when i get large spurts now i will sometimes get really dizzy. It is just a feeling i dont see every thing spin around. Dose any one get that?

alpha

hey about looking at the stars.I think it has something to do with our atmosphere.I remember reading something about it.The light reacts with some things in it.Thats why they twinkle.And other weird phenomenom.

The Holographic Universe,this sounds like a good book.Ill see if  I can get my hands on it.http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Ive also felt that time slowing effect.Driving on LSD,Its like you are standing still.Almost like those games where the screen is the only thing moving.And you have to move the car from side to side to avoid traffic.

Its happens to me when im  straight sometimes.If I am stressed out about something.Or lack of sleep can do it also.Not sure if this was the case with you.
                                                                                                      Lator,ALPHA

-------------------------------
"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"
-------------------------------

bitsmart

Since I've been trying to see what is not immediately apparent in the world around me, and since I've been reading The Holographic Universe, the world has literally taken a 'cardboard cutout' look to it. When I stand in the middle of the street and look into the distance, it looks like a 3D video game, like imitating three dimensions. Has anyone else experienced this? No, I'm not high, I got completely sober a few months ago.

I keep expecting to see a wall fall down and see guys drinking coffee and eating donuts behind it, like in The Truman Show (metaphorically speaking, I think.) This is the best analogy I can come up with. I've been reading a lot of quantum physics/mechanics recently, and the idea that the universe is holographic makes sense. The crazy thing is, when you read this idea, and try to fit it into your map of reality, reality as you percieve it disintegrates a little bit more. Is it just me? Am I going nuts? I sure hope so, cuz then I get thorazine. Mmm...thorazine...

bitsmart -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -