News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Seeing Spiders immediately upon waking

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone else has had a similar experience.

During the last couple of months I have had a few experiences upon waking when I see spiders that disappear as soon as I am fully awake.

Once when waking up during an afternoon nap I saw one that was making its way down from the roof via a long thread of web towards me, I screamed threw the blanket over it and jumped out of the bed. I then pulled the blanket back to look at it but it was no longer there. I then thought I must have been dreaming however it seemed so real.

Since this similar things have happened, about 4 or 5 times, I've seen one crawling in mid-air, another trying to hide and another crawling on the wall.
I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud - CG Jung

Palehorse

Yep, I've had the same experience on more than one occasion.  For me the spiders are only the beginning of a whole list of strange things I've seen, though.  It's always the same; I'll snap awake suddenly for no apparent reason, look over, and there's an image of something either on the wall or hovering somewhere in the room.  Most of them look solid enough to be real, but pretty soon they start to fade and disappear.  A while back, I posted about my experiences here, which you can read if you're interested.  This stuff seems to have stopped for the time being though; I haven't had it happen in several months, I don't think.

Oh!  A few months ago I kept having experiences where I'd nod off for a second or two, and when I'd snap awake again, there'd be either a string of random numbers or letters streaming by that would do the same thing: fade and disappear.  Most often, they'd stream by when I'd been watching something on a screen.  It happened watching a movie with my girlfriend, and it also happened in class when I was supposed to be watching some documentary, but ended up doing more sleeping than watching, heh (bad horse!).

Anyway, I still don't really have any idea what they are, though IIRC, Robert Bruce does mention "astral spiders" in his psychic self defense book.
Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and look, I'm guarding it until it blazes."
    --Gospel of Thomas, saying 10

yothu

Quote from: PalehorseMost often, they'd stream by when I'd been watching something on a screen.  It happened watching a movie with my girlfriend, and it also happened in class when I was supposed to be watching some documentary

Funny, a similiar thing happened to me years ago. It must have been 1999, when I was watching a movie on a tv screen and had the impression as if another was playing 'right behind it'. I could make out faces and motion but very few details. Now it comes. A month later or so I went watching "Jackie Brown" and noticed that it was this movie I saw a month or so earlier 'behind' the tv screen. Guess it is the same principle as some see the future in crystal spheres...
The only thing that is "paranormal" in the Universe is our limited understanding of it.

CaCoDeMoN

I've also seen those "astral spiders " two or three times, once even touched one of them. It just disappeared after that. One of them was bigger than 30cm.
MEAT=MURDER.

Palehorse

Quoteonce even touched one of them.

Heh, I did that too.  Put my hand through a giant scorpion that I knew wasn't really there (or should I say, wasn't physical) just to see what would happen.  Nothing did, and it disappeared within a few seconds.  It'd be interesting to see any of these things actually respond somehow, though.
Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and look, I'm guarding it until it blazes."
    --Gospel of Thomas, saying 10

beavis

go find a spider and ask him with telepathy

Psan

Giant spiders/bees/scorpions/cockroches.... :D
Hallucinations can appear 'real' while they are occurring, especially after a good nites sleep.

SomeBloke

Another me too! It seems that lots of people see them immediately after waking and then they disappear.  Some people explain them as sleep related hallucinations, another explanation is that it is caused by persistence of astral sight from your dream state, and they are 'astral wildlife'.  They seem to have a slightly negative association, and be more likely to be seen after disturbed sleep/bad dreams or in a room with 'bad vibes'.  I don't think they've ever eaten anyone.  :roll:

astral man

i am having an uneducated guess lol. Have you tried spraying some of those sprays that you can get to get rid of those things??? just a thought
"People only see what they are prepared to see."

mactombs

I've seen them pretty often after waking as well. I agree that they usually come after a nightmare and sudden awakening. It's neat how they kind of just fade in nothingness. Sometimes they accompany paralysis, too.

I wonder why spiders... It's neat that so many have experienced the same thing, and it just makes it all the more curious.
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

CaCoDeMoN

Hmmm.... For me they weren't negative at all. They were just sitting on walls, always near electrical/electronic equipment.
MEAT=MURDER.

Rainbow

Yep I too have seen spiders and cockroaches that wake me up  after I have gone to sleep for nearly 15 years, starting as a child.  Not all the time, but frequently enough.  My reaction was always to reach out to grab it as it came towards me, and they would disappear.  I seemed to have a very strong aggressive response to seeing them.

astral man

hi guys, me again....

The other day, i went into a room in my schools library, to do some study, and there was this HUGE spider, bigger than any i have ever seen before. Normally i get really scared when i see spiders, but i didn't for this one. I just stared at it, and its little fangs were moving around. Also it was on the side of this bracket/shelf thing that is on the wall, and it was on it horizontally, and it was waay to big to stay on the thing without falling off. Then 1 hour later, after the period was over ( we have 1 hour classes ), i went to the room to see if it was there, and there was no sign of it.

Hmmmm I just thought it was weird that i read this thing and then i see the things that you people are talking about. Also the bracket is next to a computer. So yeah... i think it may have been one of the ones that you people were talking about, but the weird thing is that i did not just wake up. I had been up several hours before my first class.

Cyas  :wink:

podizzle

i have to post about this because i constantly see giant spiders right when i wake up. one time when i was younger i saw i huge (2ft) centapede crawling on my wall , i jumped up and attacked it with my pillow. rather stupid i realized very quickly but still freaky.

knightlight

thanks alot guys, now im gonna be freaked out and looking for big spiders when I wake up now! :lol:
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

astral man

guys, this morning when i woke up, i saw like a pink shadow of a person leaning over my bed, it was only the top part of their body, but i thought it was very strange and that it may fir in here. I only saw them for a second and then they disappeared. The strange thing is that they were leaning over me from the left hand side of my bed, which has a wall right next to it...... weird......the rest of their body was through the bed and/or wall.

Thought that may be interesting to add in here.

Makaveli

I used to have this happen to me right when I would wake up.  I had always thought it was some kind of hypnotic image since I was just coming out of a dream.

narfellus

Most people are generally scared or at least squeamish of spiders and snakes. Maybe that's why they manifest as "astral terrors." If you have the majority of humanity feeling similar about one creature, that would make sense. You don't see astral puppies haunting anyone.

I myself am totally terrified of cockroaches. I caught a runaway lizard in my house the other day, and i've caught mice, and picked up dead racoons out of my driveway, but i won't come within ten feet of a frickin cockroach. I've an awful suspicion that if i ever turn over an astral rock it won't be a spider or snake under there.
If but we knew the power of our thoughts we would guard them more closely.

CaCoDeMoN

Most people are generally scared or at least squeamish of spiders and snakes. Maybe that's why they manifest as "astral terrors." If you have the majority of humanity feeling similar about one creature, that would make sense. You don't see astral puppies haunting anyone.
The problem is that these spiders are not scary at all, they have positive feeling...
MEAT=MURDER.

BOATS

I thought I was the only one who saw spiders.  I have not seen them in several years but I use to see them a lot.  The were black and some seemed to spin and scurry along the wall or room.  I have always feared spiders and they are the only astral wildlife I have ever seen.

Krevency

Have any of you read PPSD?  By RB?  They might/mightnot just be astral parasites that hang around and suck on you while you sleep.  Not the worst thing in the world, but not a pleasant thought, either.

I recommend you (whoever) listen to the second Whitley Strieber interview, which is downlaodable from this website.  Fun stuff.