News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Skepticism

Previous topic - Next topic

nymphette

:|
Everyone should respect the different beliefs and opinions that everyone has. There is something that gets me disturbed or disappointed, when I read things like oh don't you think if TK was real everyone would be doing it? Or- It is just your mind playing tricks on you, You make yourself think its true but it isn't. Those type of commentaries get me really mad. I know in my heart that these things are real. AND that I can develop skills and master them BUT, why do people do this??? It just brings negative feelings to wards me. Especially since I haven't developed ANY skill at all, I guess when I can prove to myself that I can do these things I will start to dismiss these comments and notcare about them?
What is your opinion on this???

Sythix

I totally agree. People who don't accept and respect other people's different beliefs and opinions are just so irritating..it bothers me. Maybe people are either just too close minded, follow some sort of dogmatic religion that condemns any/all of these things (but there are exceptions) or are one of those people that just follows the beliefs of the populace/science/etc and just totally disagree with any things of metaphysical nature - even if they haven't done any study into it and had any experiences. Lot's of people need proof as well. We live in a time where people are always looking for proof - physical proof. The best proof there is is to experience it yourself, and once you do, you know it IS true. Who cares what anyone else says, if you experience it, it's true.
- T o    e a c h    t h e i r     o w n     i l l u s i o n.

Goober

Those that might believe us now, we can prove it is real.

For those that dont, we can say "I told you so." after we die.

Sythix

Quote from: Goober on October 16, 2006, 14:05:30
Those that might believe us now, we can prove it is real.

For those that dont, we can say "I told you so." after we die.

LOL! "I told you so." That's great :D
- T o    e a c h    t h e i r     o w n     i l l u s i o n.

zareste

When you put it that way, others have the right to dispute your beliefs as well.  However, you shouldn't use the word 'skeptic' to describe some gullible idiot who believes whatever they're told.  That's not exactly the right term for it.

TheDarkChakra

I have not met anyone as open minded as me. You guys think you are special because you are on this forum? I bet 90% of you reading this are just as skeptical as anyone as but got here through other means than open mindedness. I once started a new thread about the possibility of dragonball z stuff being real (make real energy balls, super human transformation) and of over a dozen different people who posted there, only 3 were not against me.

Nay

We used to not allow the ki-ball talk a couple years ago.. because impressionable youngsters think they really could shoot stuff out like the cartoons and I'm sorry..that just is not reality.

TheDarkChakra

Quote from: TalaNay on November 08, 2006, 16:07:55
We used to not allow the ki-ball talk a couple years ago.. because impressionable youngsters think they really could shoot stuff out like the cartoons and I'm sorry..that just is not reality.

Thank you. That's the authentic example to prove my point.

Goober

I believe that is possible, it's just that it's so extremely unlikely. Doing all that Dragon Ball Z stuff.. would require an INSANE amount of energy. I don't think that you could practice enough in this life time, to achieve that ability.

Awakened_Mind

The energy used in Dragon Ball Z is largely for destructive purposes. I think if one were to have the understanding necessary to harness such energy, that would also have an understanding not to use it destructively.

I think that topic you started on Dragon Ball Z was simply to provoke people into disagreeing, to prove your point to yourself. I would of put money on the majority disagreeing. What did you expect?

I won't say it's not a reality, but to associate the real harnessing of energy with something out of dragon ball z, IMO is incomparable.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

loppoppy

first off. People may not take to our opinions with much grace but when they put forth their opposing opinion we react back in the same way. We say it isn't fair because they are not respecting our beliefs and some of us moan when we read what they have to say on these topics. We each have our views and opinions maybe we should take note and continue with what we believe instead of either getting negative or being hurt by others responses.

secondly, i like this dark chakra lad. I once had the clever idea of suggesting the dragonball Z stuff could be attainable, and of course my account on the website i posted was deleted and i could no longer post there. You say it would require enourmous energies, and where and how could a being attain such powers?

I believe that it is possible for our souls to ascend to planes higher then the astral such as the buddich or atmic planes and i believe that the state of enlightenment attained mixed with the incredible energies that exist in these planes, it would be possible for a person to do extraordinairy things. Maybe not on the scale of Goku as we would only have one lifetime to develop our abilities. But miracles such as flight or the ability to knock things around a bit could be attained, as in a state of complete enlightenment a person would understand and effectively have the potential to control their surroundings. Now here comes the extreme theory part.

What if a being had the knowledge and power to create a time bubble in an astral pool that he or she created. He could train his soul and attain higher and higher levels inside this bubble and only an hour or so would have passed in real time. All of this i believe could be done just nobody has the dedication or potential ability to do so...yet.... moo ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

thats my thoughts on the whole dbz powers thing, pretty crazy if you don't believe it yourself but pretty logical if you think about it.
for what shall it profit a man if he is to gain the world and lose his own soul?

Doringo

There's a solution that I have to the problem of skepticism:

Don't talk about it unless you know they think they same way  :wink: I just keep things to myself and while sometimes I feel a little bad about doing it, it's for the better in the long run.
All men are equal in death.

Sunn

I think some people come off as skeptical as its so hard to verify alot of the claims made. I for one can only compare the experiences i have had to those that are been documented and go..ok..that seems familiar. This person seems genuine.

Theres nothing wrong with been skeptical. In fact if people believed everything on this forum it would be rather silly.