News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

successful spells/rituals?

Previous topic - Next topic

Chamos

[|)]InsertAll of the spells I've done have worked. So have my friends. In fact, the only spell I know of that didn't work was preformed by someone who didn't really care but was trying to change his hair color without dying it. We tried to explain everything about spells and rituals to him but he didn't listen because he said he took a test which labeled him as a "solitary" practitioner. Ha, even solitary practitioners take others's advice, they just don't preform spells with them.[8]
Y'think y'know what Cruelty be, til' ye finally get t'meet her. Yet worse than cruelty is, indeed... St. Evil, her belov'd sister. You may call me Truth. Some people just can't handle me. - Me

The economy is depressed My Lord.
So cheer it the f*ck up!

Lysear

If you don't mind me asking, what were the spells you attempted and what were results of them. I am just curious, because over the last few months I have being training in the occult but I havent quite gotten onto the stage of performing specific spells or any kind of grey magick.

Parmenion

Hey Lysear,

Magic(k) works. Thats fact. Its the ability to change ones own personal universe (microcosm) or the universe outside of ourselves (macrocosm). One such method is the use of spells.The internet is a huge resource of information and can lead you to discover many things so long as you question everything and cross reference what you read with other viewpoints. There are so many paths you can follow and so many different opinions that the best thing to do is just jump in at the deep end and try a few spells yourself.

Start with simple candle spells.They WILL work. You may try to put the results down to coincidence but keep performing more and more simple spells until you are convinced.Theres only so much you can put down to coincidence! This will convince you that spells work much better than if I or anyone else tells you our spells work.

Best of luck...

kakkarot

the one spell that i have ever done was a ritual spell. i incorporated a lot of skills that i gained while learning to use chi, and even some things that i gained from my life as a christian.

i tried to manipulate the weather. it was snowing horrendously outside and i didn't like it. it was also at a point in my life where i wanted to try using magic just once, just for the experience. so i prayed to God to watch over me and let me know if i did anything against His liking, and i set about performing the ritual.

after it was done (it took around 5 minutes), i ran outside to see if anything happened. nothing.

so i started reading a book (Divine Magic) like i was before i attempted the spell. ten minutes later i looked up and out a window, and the snow had stopped. i went outside and i could see all the way down to the mountains, which was a few hundred kilometers (while the snow was blowing, visibility was reduced to around one kilometer). i was ecstatic.

an hour later, though, the magic wore off and things were like they were before.

~kakkarot

Parmenion

HMMM... A big one for your first go.Manipulating the weather can have detrimental effects if your not carefull.You could quite easily disturb the balance of things.Just wondering kakkarot, how come you gave up after that one successfull attempt? It sounds like you have good potential.

Parmenion

kakkarot

magic isn't my thing. it takes to long.

i like using chi and ki: the effects are right there when i need them. just a few seconds to use them to maximum effect rather than the minutes it takes to use magic to good effect.

besides, i'm more one with nature than i am with anything else, so using chi is better for me than using magic. in that regard magic feels really un-natural to me. i just wanted to do something with magic to experience the differences in how to use it than when i use chi and ki.

~kakkarot

Parmenion

You seem to regard all magic as ritual magic.In this respect i would agree with what you say. It is time consuming and has no obvious advantages over chi/ki which by the way many people including myself regard as direct magic, or at least what empowers direct magic. To each their own of course but we are all using the same energies just in different ways and most people dont realise/will admit   that fact

Fenris

Hi Lysear

Do you intend to study high magic or low magic? Or rather do your interests lie in evolving yourself or altering your environment? Even if your more leaning towards the ceremonial side of things its still a good idea to have a background in low magic. The amount of Wiccan literature available these days is huge, and even if you dont want to make it apart of your religious practice there is no reason the methods taught wont work. A lot of Wiccan books are a just clones but I could recommend some great ones if you're interested. If you're interested in ceremonial magic then I could give you a nice list of things to read also. Not long ago under the astral chat forum I posted a list of hermetics links with years of information to take in. Parmenion has a good point with starting out with candle magic, fire magic by its nature generally has fast results. Its easy to get started in ceremonial magic because there is virtually an established order in which to learn and practice. When your new to it and egar to practice low magic however often leaves you wanting for something you feel justified in altering. I know so many trendy pagan's who rattle on about being to nervous (or say they havnt learned enough yet) to 'actually try something', its a natural process and with common sence and fundamental knowledge you can have a bit of harmless fun while you learn. Why am I ranting on about this...well i dont know[:)]    

Well remember that the only stupid question is the one you dont ask, and Im sure Im not the only one around here who enjoys ranting about all things pertaining to magic and the occult at lenght!

best regards

David

Lysear

Fenris, Over the last 10 months I have been studying higher magick as it appeals to me more than low magick. Although I will look into lower magick too. The book I have found very helpful is 11 lessons in the Higher Magickal arts by Donald Michael Kraig, have you heard of this? is it good in your opinion?

P.S your links in astral chat were great, especially Abardoncompanion.com

jason

speaking of spells-has anyone ever read the book-Necronomiconby Ed Simon? is it fiction, derived from H.P. Lovecrafts book? just wondering...
The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

Parmenion

The necronomicon is fiction yes. The simon edition is a workable system based on the necromican or so i am told. I personally wouldnt bother with either.

Parmenion

Parmenion

Footnote specific to Lysear's original question. I have yet to perform a spell that hasn't worked. My divination has sometimes been askew but thats a different topic. My most notable result thus far ( ive only been practising for three months - spend to much time deciding whether or not to give it a go) has been with a simple money spell. Please bear in mind it was not motivated by greed (allthough i dont think that would make a difference). It took me twenty-twenty five mins to do and gave me the sum of €3000.00 (roughly the same as $3000). It made a huge difference to my situation at the time and helped me greatly.

Parmenion

Fenris

G,day Lysear

It just so happens that Im reading it at the moment myself! In my opinion I think its great, and I have heard nothing but praise for it from other people. The book I'm trying to get a hold of is actually Bardon's first book an initiation into hermetics, which I think out friend Parmenion is currently reading. I am also reading at this point in time Transcendental Magic by Eliphas Levi which is a real classic and A garden of Pomegranates by Israel Regardie to increase my understanding of the Quabalah. I have a much longer background with low magic than I do with high magic, which I have only been practicing for a bit over a year now. So from the sounds of things there are actually a few of us here fairly close in respect to our knowledge in hermetics and ceremonial magic. And there are a few individuals here with a very sound knowledge of these things as well. Should be good things to come I think! [:D]

best regards

David

Lysear

I agree Fenris, I think we can all put this forum to great use. Have you read anything by Aleister Crowley? I brought a book of his collective works, Sepher sephiroth, 777, and Gematria. To be honest they were way to advanced for me, I am not up to that level of Hewbrew alone, (although incidently I am learning Hebrew as I go along) but as a book of correspondances it is a masterpeace.

Parmenion

Aleister Crowley hmm, im still trying to decide what i make of him. Ok he was a genius, no denying that i just find that it requires a great deal of effort when reading his works to see through his words to the actuall meaning. He did love himself which is also quite apparant in his books

I spent two days with his 'Magick in Theory And Practise' and i had to stop before i Had a brain meltdown.Pity because it was apparant to me that great truth and knowlege lay therin. However hes not the only man to master magic and there are others, less cryptical, to learn from. Maybe ill come back to Crowleys work at sometime, i dont know.

Contrary to what i have just said i did find the following works by Crowley easy to understand: 'Magick without Tears' Crowley on 'Meditation' and his '8 lectures on yoga'

Parmenion

KP

I had a success! I am in total shock, I cannot believe this.  Last night I did a spell to bring someone close to me who I haven't spoken to in 2 years.  Today - (the day after) I got a message on my phone.  I cannot believe this, I am filled with adrenalin from total amazement.  The messge says "What did you get me for Valentine's day?" .   From the person I did the spell about.....

wow, this is truly amazing.  I didn't even use candles, I subsituted them for a pen (believe it or not) LOL.

Are there any complications I need to look out for?  Karma etc?
Again, I have never been so amazed in my life...

Parmenion

I dont believe in Karme or the Law of Raturn but even if You do theres nothing to fear from what you did. You didnt harm anyone now did you?

Parmenion

KP

I can't see anything wrong but something doesn't feel right.

Lysear

best way to work out if you should do a spell morally is to do a divination first, then if its negative and you do it then its your own perogative

kakkarot

what didn't feel right KP? did your spell make them "close to you" against their will?

as for the pen substitution, it doesn't matter. it's all just a matter of using objects as focuses. whatever you place your faith in works just fine.

~kakkarot

KP

Well it was my first attempt at a spell which is what really shocked me.  I have some experience with OBEs, Reiki and even TK in the past but never really attempted spells.
I don't think it was entirely against their will, because it was an ex girlfriend so surely there is some love left..  I intended it more as a reminder of the good times rather than a spell to force her.  But again, it was my first attempt so not sure exactly which way it worked.  I think the thing that makes me feel bad is guilt, probably nothing to do with the spell but guilt because of someone else.

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone with similair success stories.

metaphysics

Please post the spell, KP.
All the best,
M

KP

Well I didn't follow this spell at all but I kinda followed the guidelines and made up my own little rhyme as I went along.  I didn't bother with lighting a fire, I didn't use paper I didn't write a name I just picked used a pen.  Anyway, this was my first ever try at a spell and to be fair it looked stupid and I had no idea it'd work.

TO OBTAIN LOVE FROM A SPECIFIC PERSON

At night, light a small fire in a cauldron or whatever you have available to contain the fire. Cut out a piece of paper that is 3" x 3". Draw a heart on it and color it in with red. Write the name of the person that you desire on the heart. While doing all this, be thinking of the person being attracted to you and not being able to resist you. Think of his or her heart burning with desire for you just like the flames of the fire. Then kiss the name of the heart 3
times. Place the paper in the fire while saying these words 3 times. Do so with utmost sincerity...

"Fire come from below,
Bring me love that I do know,
Make my heart blaze and shine,
To bring the love that will be mine.
Soon my love will come a day,
Three times strong and here to stay.
SO MOTE IT BE!"

Stay and meditate on the spell you just did, seeing it come true. After you are finished concentrating for a few minutes, extinguish the fire. Soon your love will come to you!

Fenris

Hi KP

What you really need to do is develop your own rules on what is right and what is wrong. I have rules I follow that I developed over time myself, to me they make sense and are easy to follow. But to someone else it might seem that I make to many exceptions. In my opinion it is wrong to influence a person against their will or without their consent. But for me it isn't cut in stone, for example I will sometimes get someone to ring me when I want to talk to them, but they are people I talk to all the time, and by getting them to ring me I am not changing their outlook on anything. So if I influence my brother who calls me practically everyday to ring me then it is different than getting someone who I have unresolved emotional issues with to call me. Because their decision to give me a call might make them pursue a pattern of though that in the end will change their opinion of me. Also making or fixing relationships with magic is a huge trap to fall into. Because you will always question why the person is with you. So I think that any spell designed to attract a particular person to you is very wrong.

In my opinion every thing you do including any spell regardless of its purpose will cause a karmic reaction of some degree. The reaction and the quality of the karma proportional to what you did or thought. Another gray area for me however is influencing someone in a way that prevents suicide. I did this on two occasions while in high school. Most people would freak if you went up to them and told them that with their permission you could cast a spell that hopefully break their self destructive pattern of depression. And doing so would also potentially decrease the potency of the spell. Some might argue that it was their own life path or their own justly self directed future to do themselves in. My own opinion is complicated and to the contrary.

To help you develop your own opinion on what is right and wrong to do with magic firstly lay down the ground rule that you should never harm anyone, then add to this what you feel is right to do in self defense. There are wiccan's that follow the rule ' and ye harm none' to the letter, and simply are strictly defensive if someone attacks them psychically. If I caught a psychic vampire out however I would certainly be much more than just defensive, but I wouldn't send anything nasty in the direction someone who was rude to me, or even physically violent. Of course you can always make the decision to accept the karma you will receive for doing something negative, but if you are serious about developing spiritually not just magically this will be detrimental to your progress.  

Then decide where you draw the line about influencing others. I mean a spell designed to get you a job for example still affects other people. You decide what you think is right. And remember that 'magic' is a natural human ability, and karma (but not everyone believes in it) is a natural law of physics.      

Also Lysear is TOTALLY correct in saying the best thing to do is to do a divination on the spell you are about to perform. Buy a pack of tarot cards and learn how to use them. And before every spell meditate on what you are doing, you will think more clearly in a light trance. The human is the only creature that lies to itself to help it justify its actions. People do this all the time, they have a rule and they talk themselves into justifiably breaking them. If you catch yourself doing this – STOP.  

best regards
David

KP

Hi Fenris,
Thanks for the reply.  I can understand where you're coming from but as I stated in a previous post I intended it more as reminding her of our love rather than forcing desire upon her.  Surely this is similair to you reminding your brother to phone you?  If my overall intention was a reminder of love then surely there is no need to question later?  Or am I wrong?

The divination will be essential if I am going to pursue.  I have taken your advice and plan to explore the Tarot before continuining.