News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The five Rights

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenris

I can do 21reps for every position bar the first one, never seem to make it past about 7 or 8 spins. Sure is a bit of a work out.

Lysear

Thats strange, because I can probably do 21 repeptitions of the spinning rite without trouble, although I only did a maximum of 10 for each to start with. Although I felt a bit ill for 20 mins afterwards!

sahlyn

The thing that I wish they would elaborate on is why you must only spin clockwise. I have the book "ancient secret of the fountain of youth" and it simply states that it's important you only spin clockwise, but doesn't state what would happen if you spun anticlockwise aswell. I'm interested as to whether it would have a positive, neutral, or detrimental effect (the impression is given that it wouldn't be a positive thing to do)[}:)]
I do realise that spinning clockwise would have been decided as the direction because of the way the chakras spin. But I don't see how spinning anticlockwise could be counterproductive.

It's just that I dont like to play favourites. It seems kind of unnatural for me to spin only in one direction, and disregard the other. Can anyone relate to me on this?

A cool thing to do if you want to get a major headspin fuzzy-body sensation: (I'm not sure if it's healthy [:P])
On the third rite; as you arch your back, draw in as much air as you can... once your back is fully arched, and you're holding your breath (and your eyes are closed, of course), just sit there. It should be a pleasant feeling, and quite easy to hold. After about 10 seconds or so I always start to feel this warm, fuzzy, numbing sensation throughout my head and body, and could easily allow myself to pass out if I wanted. It feels very nice. Try it[:)]

Tom

When doing the five rites you are not supposed to get dizzy. Even doing the spinning. You are supposed to be able to go faster and do more repetition and still not get dizzy.

Lysear

What is the purpose of doing the 5 rites? Like I said, it seems like you are freeing up the spine, but there must be more to it, i.e the spinning bit.

sahlyn

According to the book I mentioned above, the purpose of the rites is to normalise the speed at which the chakras spin. It is said that when just one of the chakras is spinning out of sync with the others, the body begings to deteriorate; and when they're all spinning in harmony, the body is ensured long life, good health, and vitality.

How the exercises manage to do this I'm not sure.

Tom

The whole point is actually the sixth exercise which is to be used in combination with the first five. The main five are to be done frequently and up to twenty-one times each. The sixth is to be done "as needed". It transforms sexual energy up from the lower chakras to the upper chakras. It is why the exercises are supposed to be so effective.

Lysear

Just a quick post to anyone with knowledge about ritual/ceremonial magick. yoga or Bhuddism. Have you heard of the five rights. I have just began performing them today as part of my ritual magick program and I was wondering if anyone has performed them and been successful? A crude description would be (1)spinning round 21 times with arms out stretched, (2) Kneeling down while leaning forward then back 21 times, (3) funny scrunches where you lay on back and lift legs (together) into verticle position 21 times, (4) funky push-ups where you lift your arse into the air 21 times, and (5) start sitting down, then lift stomach into air, so you end up in a crab like position, and yes you guessed it, 21 repetitions!

Now my understanding, albiet very uninformed!, is that it seems like some kind of yoga designed to free up and limber up your spine, so your kundalini can flow more effectivly?

Anyone, any comments on this?