News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

ESP, Telepathy, and Remote Viewing

Previous topic - Next topic

kakkarot

esp: extra sensory perception - it has a lot of different abilities that fall under it.

telepathy: mental communication.

remote viewing is clairvoyance - seeing things at a distance (literally - "clear viewing")

~kakkarot

Adept_of_Light

Hello,

Actually, remote viewing is not an identical concept to clairvoyance.

Clairvoyance is what I'd consider a more advanced and less limited skill. It implies the ability to see through the "third eye". What you see may be events of the past, present or future. What you see may be related to a person, event or location, close by or on the other side of the Universe.  Clairvoyance also allows you to see the auras of living and non-living things and allows you to see non-physical entities such as spirits, astral beings, angels, elementals, thought forms, and various energy forms. Clairvoyance is an extra-sensory ability either already existent in a person since birth or one that may be developed over time. Just because one is Clairvoyant does not imply that one has all the abilities listed above, nor does it imply that there is a high degree of accuracy in what is seen. The scope of the bounds of the skill and accuracy of a clairvoyant person varies from person to person, but each individual may attune their clairvoyance through specific practices.

Remote viewing, shares some similarities with Clairvoyance but I would say it has more limitations. Remote Viewing gained its name during the Cold War in the 50's or so when the CIA initiated a special program designed to collect intelligence on the Russians by means of remote spying with human subjects. For more info on that read "Remote Viewing Secrets" (The book is unfortunately 80% chaff, and certainly gives away nothing of great value for somebody wanting to practice the art, but does ok at describing its origins and purpose). Remote viewing was designed as a means to look at a remote location with as much accuracy as possible and all its exercises and focus on progression in this art relate around accuracy. It has little or no focus on seeing energy forms, non-physical entities or anything of the non-physical world although some of its practitioners may have some of those skills as well. Typical practices include 3 people. Person C stands physically at a remote location somewhere in the world and has no direct contact with the actual person doing the remote viewing (person A). A second person (B) plays middle man and attains geographical co-ordinates from person C. Those co-ordinates are given in an envelope to person (A) doing the remote viewing. It is the job of person A to then look through the eyes of person C and describe the remote location by drawing a picture.  Afterwards, person C looks at the drawing of person A and determines the level of accuracy. Practices vary and aren't limited to what I just described, but almost always involve geographical co-ordinates. To sum it up, I'd say Remote Viewing has been scientifically studied and courses for becoming a remote viewer are quite detailed, logical, practical and with methodologies highly influenced by scientific processes. Clairvoyance on the other hand is a more loosely studied phenomenon with perhaps less scientific dogma, but also less limited in terms of what is possible to achieve.

ESP was a vast term used by the scientific community decades ago in studies of paranormal abilities to prove such things were indeed a reality. Given that it was one of the very first documented approaches on this subject by the scientific community, its methods were crude and could encompass a wide variety of phenomenon. It is often related to studies involving people trying to guess with accuracy the roll of a dice before it's rolled, the exact number and colour of a playing card located in another room, what object is hidden inside a sealed box, etc. ESP revolves around such experiments and the use of statistics and probabilities to determine if after numerous attempts at an experiment a person is deemed to indeed have Extra Sensory Perception. In other words, it focuses on the study of trying to prove by scientific/mathematical means that any one person has the ability to attain knowledge of things without the use of the 5 physical senses; but it did not go as far as to study in depth how exactly it worked, when indeed it worked; this was in part because the methods used by successful participants lay outside of the scope of scientific understanding at the time.

Telepathy refers specifically to the ability to send *and/or* receive thoughts between living entities of any species, often with the object of immediate communication between the two and without distance limitations.

Take good care,
Adept of Light
"First do what is necessary, then do what is possible, and soon you will be doing the impossible" St. Francis of Assis

Fat_Turkey

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

kakkarot

remote viewing is the name that the US military gave to clairvoyance so that they wouldn't sound like they were INSANE when they asked for funding to test it out in order to see if it was worthwhile in maintaining national security. (just so you know, they got $20 million over twenty years)

they THEN imposed limits on how to use it so that it would look like they were performing perfectly scientific experiments with a perfectly natural ability (well, it IS a perfectly natural ability, but they made it out to be physical in nature with no metaphysical aspect to it whatsoever). [|)]

and yeah, ok, my description of it and clairvoyance in the first post was a little "basic" (and rather inaccurate), but i think i had to be in class really quickly so i just wrote out a quick answer. sorry. [B)] (plus i was merely showing the differences between them and the other two things)

~kakkarot

Squeek

There is a "accurate" RV test on gotpsi.org

The RV test there shows you a completely blank picture, filled in with grey.  You try to see the image behind the grey, and pick out certain objects or shapes that you "see" there.  They have a number of test, each one with a high score list of people who did better than you  :)

I was on that list...for a while...Whee.

Hope you have fun~!!

~Squeek

Fat_Turkey

Hi there. I'd just like to ask 2 very simple questions that I'm sure a lot of people out there can help me out with.

First off: What is the difference between ESP and Telepathy??

Second Question: What is Remote Viewing??

Thanks for any feedback
-FT
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.