News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Shadow People--#1

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged_Wolf

I don't know enough about them to say if I've seen one or not.  Any links to sources that give a complete description?
(LOTS of things appear as "shadow people").

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Violet

Dear EricTwo,

I look on shadow people as a test.  There are a few tests that ultimately everyone must face.  Overcoming fear and completely believing in ourselves is the greatest and most important of all the tests in life. Like any good parent God is usually there when we call for him even if it is just by long distance calling.  But also like any good parent there are some tests (when they are known that we can handle them) which a parent decides not to interfere with.

I have had a few experiences with shadow people but always when I was fully awake and usually I saw them at the end of the bed for a minute or so.  The best thing is to not worry, be direct, know that you are master of yourself, your space and that there is a part of God within you that will always keep you strong no matter what.  The shadow people never seem to stick very long around people who are confident and loving.

There is another possiblity for you dream though.  Being such a Karl Jung fan I can not help but think that your dream has a different significance. The website below explains about Karl's perception of the Shadow and its significance in dreams.  Just a possibility.  Sorry again I am a super keener with Karl's theories.  This is a really cool site though with a wolf backdrop. http://www.btinternet.com/~seamaid/shadow.htm

All the best to you Eric,
Violet

Edited by - Violet on 10 April 2002  04:44:16

cainam_nazier

My experiences with them has been rather odd.  Not really fitting to what most people say.  I personally do not consider it to actually be a shadow, but rather just a dark person.  I do not knw oif they are dark because of thier nature or because of the possibility of them comming from an alternate plain.  But here a few ideas.

My personal experience.
 Since I was about 8 there was always an individual around.  Following me, almost studying me.  Now I never knew what a shadow person was until a few months ago.  I was never scared by his presence but I did always make note of when he was there.  It never really made any movements towards me or did anything but stay in one place and watch.  As of late I have become perplexed by this because most people say that shadow people do not like to be looked at.  But I wold look at him rather frequently and he would look at me back.  I did not consider this entity to be bad or good, and it was not a spirit.  And it was definatly male.  I never had any feelings of dislike towards me or hostility of any kind.  There were a few times that he scared me but only because I did not realize that he was there and then boo.  I would almost run into him and he would move and because of the movement I would see him better and then realize he was there.  Almost forgot.  He is no longer around.  I do not know if I just can't see him any more or if he left.

But because of my experiences with this I have come to believe that the "shadow people" that most people see are one of two things.  
 1.  The first being that they actually spirits, which do not like to be looked apon because we ware not sappose to see them.  They often use distactions to get through certain areas. With no one noticing.  These being what I call free will spirits any how.  Definition being spirits that are not bound to a certain place or function.  Those that actually are stuck like that are not true spirits in my eye but only an impression of a person.  Like an energy residoo.
 2.  The secound being that they are actually beings from an alternate plain.  Which would exlain a few things but then that would mean that I do not believe that I have seen one.  Since my definitions do not match up.

Now from my friends view point.
 Now a friend of mine has seen many things while he has been lucid dreaming and astral projecting.  There is one thing that he noticed though.  There is one person tha is always there watching him.  It fits the description that I gave about what was following me.  But for him it is only there when he projects or lucid dreams.  Now he says that the thing that he sees is there as a guide and protector.  Sometimes it can be moody and hide and become offened when he looks at it.  But most of the time it is just there.  Watching.

An idea of what you saw.  If it was an actual dream then it could be just your mind playing with or.... You could have started to project and for some reason this thing stopped it and your mind finished the rest of with a dream making it the bad guy.  Or you did project and if this was what my friend says they are then for some reason you should not have been there and it was protecting you.  Or you should not have been there and you ticked it off.

At anyrate if you have not seen it since I would concern myself with it.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

danozy

Hi Guy's, sorry about this late reply but I'm new to the forum, if I see something that reminds of a snit bit of info I remember, I will reply and you can take it from there.
Shadow people:
It's you your looking at actually-from Michael Roads Book, he often saw people walking around followed by their shadows, you know the whole thing, compare it to real live shadows and the ammount of sunlight you are standing in and how far the sun is over you eg the angle.

The sun represents the ammount of spiritual light (Knowledge) in you experience can determine the strength of your shadow self, the more light (spiritual) in you experience the less your shadow self manifests.

The spiritual light brings to light the dark side of your self and reveals that shadow self for who he really is- the dark or unknowing side of you-light is truth, what is truth, why it's non other than the way things really are, I'll put it to you this way, when somebody does or say's something to you that seems completely out of character then the only way your ever going to find out the truth of this incident is to go right down to the motive, then you'll arive at the truth, is your motive driven by your dark side (the shadow self)or the light that is within you (the Christ self-Buddhic self)

The dark side (Star Wars talk) is the shadow world, the beings who occupy that dimension are the dark sides of us, thats what this whole business of the Avitars coming to this planet is all about (Christ, Buddah, Krishna to give you the light and dispell the dark side of yourselvs, the dark side of human beings are trying to bonk up this planet, in case you haven't noticed, it's the dark side of us, yes not some allien race ( although you never know who's in that body your talking to-there's probably about a thousand different races living in human body's at the moment)

Who do you think is responsible for half the crap the goes on around us, it's the dark side of us, the ignorant side, the shadow self, some people call it the lower ego, the selfish part of us.

Try asking for light from your higher aspect (the aspect that has been incarnating for millenia) to reveal and dispell the shadow self and watch your life get turned upside down, as the shadow self will do everthing to stop his anilahation, in fact his death will be your death, the death of your lower egoistic self, you know the bit that say's stuff you jack I'm alright.

"If your eye be single then your body will be full of light" quote-unquote
"He was a man in whom no guile was found" this man is full of light, no dark side to this person, his motives are pure and non self interested, his entire motive is your benefit.

Only the shadow side of human beings have something to hide, usually a selfish motive e.g.  Although it looks like I'm benefitting you, my motive is for my benefit and mine alone, the best part about this is when two people have this kind of approach in a relationship it's bound to blast apart, by the way shadows have no substance, they are simply projections of an inner part of ourselves, deal with the darker side of ourselves, simply those aspacts that have not had the light of perfect love shone onto them from non other than the higher part of ouselves for we must love our selves to the deepest core in order to rid out the dark zones of our selves.

This is hard stuff, you may be asking yourself to deal with twenty selfish incarnations and their resultant karma it's not just one lifetime your dealing with, it may even take you four or five lifetimes to deal with the dark side, I read earlier about a post saying what's the point of it, that's straight from the dark side of the self simply securing his position within the mind of the present incarnated self. he doesn't have to fight this guy alone, simply surrender the dark side up to the higher aspects of your own self and he will deal with it, all you have to do is get down on your knees and shed the tears of sorrow and forgiveness of the self and allow the light to shine in.

Blast that selfish bastard into oblivion with love and light that can shine down from dimensions that are full of love and light, you have access to those higher dimensions even if your higher aspect doesn't, thats what the avitars are there for, to provide you the access to total knowledge and total love for your self, only then can you be totaly in love and at oneness with every other self.

That guy that still thinks that there is no purpose needs to get down out of bovine excrement land, take a good look at himself or if he can't do that ask his higher self to allow him to see himself for who he really is and watch what happens next.

If he reckons that life is pointless then throw out a challange to the universal mind to prove to him otherwise, why, don't you think that the great beings that run this show are capable of proving a point, believe me they like nothing better than proving to an honest soul who and what they are and who and what you are, the question is, can you handle the kind of answeres they will give you because they deal in nothing but the real thing and that my friend will blow your mind !!

In the end, you can only be satisfied with the real.
Amen

Frater

Eric2 I have seen the "Shadow People" photos on the Art Bell website.
IMO, they are not ghosts at all.The reports of the shadowlike,angular form and the length of some of these entities are reported to be nine to ten feet certainly leads me to believe they are non-human entities,and are possibly shells or hollow beings,without any Divine spark or purpose.Ghost(human) will never manifest such darkness or blackness.
All reports have described the menacing nature of these beings and they are a real danger.Possibly serving a dark agenda,they could also be inter-dimensional beings,due to the unique way they manifest.

Ryno

I am not very knowledgable on shadow people but there is a web site that supposedly caught one of these things on video.

That website is Http:\\www.paravision.homestead.com

Ryno

nightflier101

I've seen him twice, out of maybe 50 projections.
He is close to six feet tall, wearing an overcoat and brimmed hat. Looks like a gangster from the 30's or 40's, his head is always slightly tilted down. He is a dark grey almost smoky color, and his face is featureless. He seems to move in slow motion, and gives me a feeling of dread. But he never came close enough to touch me, just close enough to scare.

Nightflier...

cainam_nazier

"IMO, they are not ghosts at all.The reports of the shadowlike,angular form and the length of some of these entities are reported to be nine to ten feet certainly leads me to believe they are non-human entities,and are possibly shells or hollow beings,without any Divine spark or purpose.Ghost(human) will never manifest such darkness or blackness."

I do not believe the end of this to be true.  I have seen many things, many people, many spirits, and entities.  It is possible for people living and dead to appear in such a manner.  A person can be with a "Divine spark" as you put it.  I have seen many people who have appeared to be dark.  Even those of good intent can be dark.

Almost forgot.
"He is close to six feet tall, wearing an overcoat and brimmed hat. Looks like a gangster from the 30's or 40's, his head is always slightly tilted down. He is a dark grey almost smoky color, and his face is featureless. He seems to move in slow motion, and gives me a feeling of dread. But he never came close enough to touch me, just close enough to scare"

That desciption is a some what of a shock for me.  Not to sound pushy but could you please describe some more of him if you can.  Possibly a name, emotions, feeling of intent, ect.    Just call it a hunch.

David Rogalski

nightflier101

I never got a hunch of a name or status of this person.
But I did feel he was very ancient, alot older than what he was dressed as.
I was 14 the first time, I awoke paralyzed, with the normal feeling of being nailed to the bed. My head was pounding like it was going to explode. I saw my bedroom door open, and in he walked, or floated. The whole room became filled with an evil energy that seemed to come from him. A siren of immense volume, ( like an Air Raid alarm from WW2) was now inside my head. He slowly moved to the foot of my bed, turned to face me, and thats when he looked up at me and I saw that he had no face!  I was horrorified.
He turned and moved to the corner of the bed and made an effort to move up along side of me, but I was able to break the paralyzation and jumped out of bed and ran into the kitchen. My head was clicking and throbbing like I was still partially out of my body.

The second time was several years later, I had a spontaneous wake up at the ceiling, that I managed to salvage. I made it out the window, it was in the morning, so the sunlight was very intense. I went up near the top of a tall tree down the street from my house, I was calm and curious, I usually don't project in the daytime. I noticed the leaves had a glow to them, like individual auras on each leaf. I was up about thirty feet from the ground. Something made me look down the street, a feeling I had to. About five houses away, walking along the sidewalk, were three of them. Dressed exactly the same, their legs were moving in unison, like marching. They were coming towards me, I felt the fear building up as they got closer, but got yanked back to my body before anything else happened.
I haven't seen them since, I hope I'm finally off their list.

Nightflier...

cainam_nazier

I only asked because the description you gave was very similar to what I had seen.

The first being what I have mentioned earlier.  The description is very close to the "thing" that seeed to be following me for so many years.  The only difference being that I did not get the feeling of ill intent.  Most of the scared feeling I got I figured to be generated originally by my own paranoia of being followed all the time.  Now the difference could arise since I have never projected that I am aware of and what I had been seeing was a real time physical shadow.  But his out line matches the discription you gave fairly well.

David Rogalski

nightflier101

I think there is something to him, meaning an actual entity. I might have just paniced and brought on the fear myself. I always project into the real-time zone. So I don't think he follows me around, or I would see him more often.
I'm old enough now where I could stand up and confront him, maybe thats why he doesn't show himself anymore.  he he he...

Nightflier...

cainam_nazier

I lost track of hime when I was about 23.  I never got the chance to stand up to him.

David Rogalski

Grenade01

nightflier101:

You just honestly freaked the hell out of me

That description is exactly like a someone I saw before during sleep paralysis.
With the hat and everything.  

I had awoken with sleep paralysis, just like you, and I felt almost like I was being forced to the bed.  Usually in sleep paralysis I have astral sight, also I feel as if I cant move.  This time it was different because I felt as if I was being forced to down...with a pressure..not because I was paralysed. And also what sounded like an air raid siren to me was like..deafening.. I became aware of the room and a man just as you described kind of floated over to the side of my bed and looked down.  I felt like I couldnt breath and like somehow he was choking me and trying to keep me from waking up.  I freaked out big time...I broke the paralysis and stood up and I was standing there and he was still there.  I went over to flip on my light and as I was getting closer to the switch he was fading away..like I was loosing astral sight and I flipped on the light and he completely disappeared.  

At first I was completely scared.  I felt like he was almost still there even though I couldnt see him.  The more I thought about it the more I questioned weather he was trying to hurt me or not.  I originally thought he was trying to choke me, but when I thought about it it seemed like he was just looking down at me.  So I began to wonder if he was just maybe watching me.  Because of what I look at in retrospect I wonder if maybe he really wasnt hurting me, but because of the immense fear and how defensive I felt...I also wonder if maybe that wasnt a real attack of some sort.  but then why would it never happen again?  Its almost like oh excrement I scared the guy and he thought I was evil so Im just not going to appear anymore.

I dont know..what do you think?
It really freaks me out that your experience (and the way he looked) is so much like mine.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/You must try some of my purple berries.
I've been eating them for 6 or 7 weeks now, haven't got sick once.
Prolly keep us both alive.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Grenade01

I also wanted to mention a little bit about myself and sleep paralysis.
As a Child I got sleep paralysis a lot.  Its distinctively different to me, because when I remember it its not all cloudy like a dream.  Also there is never anything out of place.  Nothing that shouldnt be there... So its actually like I am seeing my room... for the longest time I thought I was opening my eyes, until I realized sometimes I would break it and be laying face down or I would realize I would open my eyes afterwards.  I remember once when my parents were doing something in the room, I could actually see them ..and it turned out they had come in my room..my mom shook me out of it because I was breathing rather hard to try and alert them as to what was happening.  I told her I could see her, and she thought I was crazy because my eyes were closed.
Anyway...sometimes I would have sleep paralysis up to 10 or more times a night...  and never would it be weird in any way

except for that time with the man, and one other time which ill describe below incase your interested.  I just thought this was something I should add because Im sure what I saw wasnt a dream.  Ive had sleep paralysis so many times that its something that I am distinctly aware of.  I had sleep paralysis like this up until  i was 13 or so...then It reduced to only a few times a month ... I have no idea why.  Anyway this thing with the shadow guy was about 3 years ago (im 19 now) .

The other weird paralysis story.
I awoke in much the same circumstances as the first story, but this time I felt like my arm was in ice water.  I look down and there is this big gelatinous black bloob to my left, and my arm is slightly passing through it.  Its kind of like wiggling around its peremiter (kind of the way jello wiggles except not all at once..like in circular motions if that makes sense).  I broke the paralysis right away by wiggling my toes..which usually seems to work.  only the blob didnt disappear..I was sitting up in bed looking at it..i jumped out of bed and I sat there afraid and amazed just looking at this thing in the dark for like 15 seconds .. I was so startled that I couldnt even move.  

So yeah..out of the hundreds, if not thousands of sleep paralysis episodes ive had..those were the only two bizzare experiences.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/You must try some of my purple berries.

nightflier101

Hello Grenade01,

Thanks for your story, we have the same history. I too had problems with paralyzation when I was young. It was hell to go through.  I'm 37 now and
haven't had one for a long time, I guess you grow out of it.
I've heard other peoples stories about the shadow guy too, seems like he scares the hell out of you and that's about it. No harm done, but the psycological effects are hard to cope with afterwards. There may be other
types of shadow people that could do something more, but we may have experienced the lesser type, the "Unknown Observer".  

Take care,

Nightflier...

Grenade01

Hmm interesting
I almost want to meditate with the intent of recreating the experience.
But it was so scary for me at the time that I'm not sure If I can muster up that much courage.
I completely stopped meditation and energy raising (dont think I was into new yet, but something similar) for like 4 months.

cainam_nazier

Just out of idle curiosity.  Do either of you feel some what tied to him?  A connection of sorts but not a drain in energy.

I ask because that is the feeling I get.  Like I said it has been awhile since I have seen him and as a result there is some what of a hole, I guess I don't know what else to call it.  But then again I had been seeing him far more regular than yourselves and only when I was awake. I do not suffer from sleep paralysis.  I have only had one case.  I have at time hit a point of a waking paralysis.  At least that is what I call it.  When I meditate at times I loose motor function because the body shuts down that far at times.  Only once I was unable to move after sleep.

This sounds odd but I require to know for how many years have you seen him or how many years ago was the first "visite"?  I believe I know the answer already but I will explain after.

David Rogalski

nightflier101

I can't seem to write this out properly. So you'll have to read it as jarbled thoughts...

I sensed he was some kind of repairman. Here to fix my problem, but I didn't
want it fixed, stay away!  I won't do it again, I promise... I know I'm not supposed to wake up here, it was a mistake. I'll go back to sleep, please don't hurt me.

Everyone seperates to a point, during normal sleep. We are programmed to remain unconscious during this process. Some people can become visually and consciously "aware" during this event.  Without any effort or plan of doing so.  
Being caught in this situation, and then having him walk into the room, made me feel like I did something very wrong!  Like I wasn't supposed to know this place, or know what goes on here.  And he is here like a "Cleaner", or "Fix it"
man, he will erase my memory and cut out parts of me so I can't see this place anymore. That is what gives me the fear and feeling of dread, that his methods are to the extreme and violently evil.

Looking back on these events, and being older and wiser, I still feel the same.
He might have finally did his dirty deed, without me knowing, or I might be wrong about the whole thing and scaring alot of people for no reason. Just take this as someone's view point of an experience they can't explain. And leave it at that...

NF101

Grenade01

Definately felt like he was tinkering with my head.

Anyway..Hmm I'm thinking hard...it was a while ago.... Id say a little less than two years ago.
I only saw him once, but it was a vivid encounter that lasted waaay to long for comfert.
Most vivid of any obe/dream/metiphysical experience Ive ever had honestly, probably because it startled me so much.

I was probably almost 18 at the time.

cainam_nazier

nightflier101

Can you remember how long ago that was?

David Rogalski

cainam_nazier

I was wondering if any one has seen a sign or a mark on this person?
And possibly if his presence comes with a smell?

David Rogalski

Grenade01

dont remember
sorry ;(
it was to long ago

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

Erictwo

Would appreciate any comments/insights with respect to the shadow
people. If you're a regular listener to Art Bell, you're familiar
with the topic. Experienced a shadow person in a dream for the first
time about a month ago--was being levitated through an office building
with a shadow person holding me from behind. He didn't like me looking
at him and made this known. Remote viewer Ed Dames says their ghosts,
but a recent guest on Art Bell said that was putting it "mildly" and
that they're negative beings who shouldn't be in our space. Anyway,
I'll leave it at that and see what you all have to say. Thanks.