News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

When The Moon Turned Red

Previous topic - Next topic

WindSong

A few years ago, I was watching the news, and the moon would turn red the following night. The next morning, I looked outside to a sky of muggy clouds. I told my mom not to worry because the clouds would open before the turning. That night we went outside, and there was a small opening that drifted over the moon, seconds before it turned completely red. Actually more like blood orange. It was by far one of the most emotional times of my life. The opening soon closed, but I was still amazed. Instilled in my being to this day, is something I can't put into words.

Szaxx

Use poetry, you can then put the feeling and emotions into a perspective that a simple description would fail miserably at.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

WindSong

WindSong

Parchment to reflect, because the moon turned red. Not could I forget, anticipation's effect. I lay I to sleep, my mind now holds no dreams. I stand up on my feet, to watch it bleed it's peace. A portal in the clouds, behind the lightless house. Immortal thoughts abound, a loudly silent sound. Welled up with water's joy, the moon told me a story. How could we forget, the night when she turned Red?

Lionheart

Quote from: WindSong on September 22, 2013, 04:00:37
Parchment to reflect, because the moon turned red. Not could I forget, anticipation's effect. I lay I to sleep, my mind now holds no dreams. I stand up on my feet, to watch it bleed it's peace. A portal in the clouds, behind the lightless house. Immortal thoughts abound, a loudly silent sound. Welled up with water's joy, the moon told me a story. How could we forget, the night when she turned Red?
You sound like Szaxx Jr, and that is definitely a compliment!  :-)

soarin12

Quote from: WindSong on September 22, 2013, 04:00:37

I really like it!!  Do you paint?  I was thinking it would be really neat to put the poem with a painting and a description of what happened --like in your original post.  All three together would really allow a person to feel what you did that night!

Szaxx

Top of the class.
It works so well, you captured much and told your story.
It's also obvious what you watched and the fact you wanted too. The emotions flow too. Apprehension, then red she turns.

I have competition it seems. Lol.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

WindSong

Thanks guys :) Much appreciated!

I haven't painted in years, but I've been thinking about getting back into it, this time using a lot of blues and greys to portray shadows and silhouettes. I think a red moon would look great behind blue and black and/or grey.

soarin12

Quote from: WindSong on September 22, 2013, 23:31:23
Thanks guys :) Much appreciated!

I haven't painted in years, but I've been thinking about getting back into it, this time using a lot of blues and greys to portray shadows and silhouettes. I think a red moon would look great behind blue and black and/or grey.
That's just what I was picturing too.  You should definitely do it! :)