Very Unusual Word & Unknown Meaning (To Me) During OBE Practice Session Today

Previous topic - Next topic

Taz

hi guys - question for anyone who might be able to glean some insight to what occurred during my practice obe sesh today. altho i'm certain i didn't phase past f12 today, while i was in the thick of wherever i happened to find myself, i suddenly had a word pop into my head - it was 'ziggurat'. this word came in so clear and strong (and a number of times), i was convinced i would easily remember to look it up when i finished my sesh. since i had no idea what it meant, nor had ever heard of it before (for that matter, i thought i may have even made it up), i was extremely curious about it. as it was, when i finally came back to this level of consciousness, i had completely forgotten all about it, until a couple of hours later when it popped into my head again. i immediately did a search of the word, and this is what i found on wiki:

"Ziggurats were built by the Sumerians, Babylonians, Elamites, Akkadians, and Assyrians for local religions. Each ziggurat was part of a temple complex which included other buildings. The precursors of the ziggurat were raised platforms that date from the Ubaid period[1] during the fourth millennium BC. The earliest ziggurats began near the end of the Early Dynastic Period.[2] The latest Mesopotamian ziggurats date from the 6th century BC. Built in receding tiers upon a rectangular, oval, or square platform, the ziggurat was a pyramidal structure with a flat top. Sun-baked bricks made up the core of the ziggurat with facings of fired bricks on the outside. The facings were often glazed in different colors and may have had astrological significance. Kings sometimes had their names engraved on these glazed bricks. The number of tiers ranged from two to seven. It is assumed that they had shrines at the top, but there is no archaeological evidence for this and the only textual evidence is from Herodotus.[3] Access to the shrine would have been by a series of ramps on one side of the ziggurat or by a spiral ramp from base to summit. The Mesopotamian ziggurats were not places for public worship or ceremonies. They were believed to be dwelling places for the gods and each city had its own patron god. Only priests were permitted on the ziggurat or in the rooms at its base, and it was their responsibility to care for the gods and attend to their needs. The priests were very powerful members of Sumerian society."

needless to say, i was a bit stunned as, once again, i had had no idea of this word prior to my session. i'm fully aware this is totally open to interpretation, with the meaning being completely personal to me, however, i'd love to hear others' opinions on what they may intuitively gather from this 'hit'. thanks ~

"Deep within you, the truth remains. You do not need to discover the memories. You do not need to become an initiate of a school, or a form of thought, or a system of learning. You have all that you need and all that has ever been within you."

Contenteo

As far as Sumerian culture goes, ziggurat is a rather common word.

Your subconscious is an amazing processor. It never ceases to amaze me of the brilliance it holds when one quiets one's brain chatter and allows it to have the floor for a while.

It is arguable how and the magnitude of this unconscious streaming relates to the astral. Regardless, I would ask what you think your body meant when it piped up this word. Mine seems to be quite accurate one what I have to hear and think about, even before I need to think and know about it, so meditating on the subject for a bit couldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Taz

Quote from: Contenteo on July 31, 2012, 01:21:03
As far as Sumerian culture goes, ziggurat is a rather common word.

Your subconscious is an amazing processor. It never ceases to amaze me of the brilliance it holds when one quiets one's brain chatter and allows it to have the floor for a while.

It is arguable how and the magnitude of this unconscious streaming relates to the astral. Regardless, I would ask what you think your body meant when it piped up this word. Mine seems to be quite accurate one what I have to hear and think about, even before I need to think and know about it, so meditating on the subject for a bit couldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Cheers,
Contenteo

thanks for the tip, contenteo, i will definitely do that especially since the thought crossed my mind sometime after i had looked up the definition, to 'just ask' what the significance was when i am again, in a relaxed state-of-mind - cheers to you! 8-)
"Deep within you, the truth remains. You do not need to discover the memories. You do not need to become an initiate of a school, or a form of thought, or a system of learning. You have all that you need and all that has ever been within you."

zareste

Quote from: Contenteo on July 31, 2012, 01:21:03Your subconscious is an amazing processor. It never ceases to amaze me of the brilliance it holds when one quiets one's brain chatter and allows it to have the floor for a while.
Boy, the stuff mods can get away with saying

Szaxx

Hi,
?

A general comment is how it reads to me.
I get words like this weekly out of nowhere and they have a meaning in some way.
The ziggurat reminded me of a coloumn in a magazine from the 80's, the writer generalised on anything relevant of interest at the time. I thought of podium on first read of it. Not too far off it seems.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Volgerle

Incidentally (but nonetheless interestingly) I had to look this word up recently, as well! (Very recently, two weeks ago, actually). It had to do with a projection of mine. However it was only used in a metaphorical comparison by another poster who interpreted my experience then.

Taz

Quote from: Szaxx on July 31, 2012, 06:38:23
Hi,
?

A general comment is how it reads to me.
I get words like this weekly out of nowhere and they have a meaning in some way.
The ziggurat reminded me of a coloumn in a magazine from the 80's, the writer generalised on anything relevant of interest at the time. I thought of podium on first read of it. Not too far off it seems.

szaxx, i've got to tell you, your first impression hit me as being extremely poignant considering the timing. i've had a very strong sense this year, that i would be speaking to groups of students in helping them to become more aware of who they really are, providing suggestions on how they might achieve this. the 'podium' interpretation seems fitting to me - thanks for your feedback - i appreciate your insight ~

Contenteo

QuoteQuote from: Contenteo on Today at 01:21:03

Boy, the stuff mods can get away with saying

What?  :?

Cheers,
Contenteo

Szaxx

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.