News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What does everyone make of this?

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhikku

Hmmm, the lack of response in this forum is going to force me to find out the hard way...

"Look within, thou art the Budda"

Rob

I tried a low dose of salvia once, I think its effects are very individual. I didn't find it anything like that though! It opened up a dark portion of my mind, worrying. I keep on meaning to get some a fair bit stronger (than normal x1, virtually useless) and delve a little deeper. Others I have spoken to who have given it a go said similar - it lights up alternative odd parts of your head. If you take enough you will probably have an out of body experience, often to meet an entity that says that it is the sprit of salvia. Talk of becoming one with the herb, literally, the entity says it needs to take over you for a while to do its work on earth, or something. Sounds highly sus to me, people cannot often remember much after opening up, and if I was there I would never aggree...
But this is just what I remember reading/hearing, I could be wrong. Individual.
If you take more than you should to OBE/IBE it becomes quite unpleasant, with an almost total disconnectedness from reality. But that would require quite a bit. When I bought it, it also came with a little sheet explaining the different levels of the high, and if I was to try it again I would get x10 strength, or 15 perhaps 20. You are supposed to be in there if it is x5 but some other similar stuff I bought I couldn't get anything out of (although I suspect that was dirt...)
I am sure there is much more of interest about it out there, check www.erowid.org
--
Rob (occasional druggie!)

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

PeacefulWarrior

As a person who unfortunately used a number of psychadelic compounds in my youth, I suggest this: stay away from these substances.  It's like cheating...you will experience many things, some which may seem wonderful and/or illuminating, but none of what you will experience will be anything close to what you can acheive by yourself, "naturally"...and Inugman is right , at higher doses you will be disconnected from "reality" and lose complete control of your own thoughts.  I have been on hellish roller coaster rides through the mental and astral planes without any control whatsoever and was almost driven to the point of suicide once.  If you want to risk accidentally killing yourself because you think you no reason to hope for anything, then go ahead...  In other words it can be very dangerous.  While many point to the over stimulation of different parts of the brain as the dangerous aspect of this, but I point to the potentially horrific psychic effects it has on the user.  Some sensitive individuals never recover...and while the chances of one being this sensitive are slim to none, it's not worth the risk...

-

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Florian

Hey Bhikku !

Salvia, hmm ? Well, I bought some of this at some kinda hippie-fair downtown we have here twice each year... they sold it completley legal there...

I tried it the same night - I hope you don't get a wrong impression of me now http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_tongue.gif" border=0> - but I was at that fair with some friends and had a lot of spiced wine in my system. Well I didn't feel nothing http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> but it might've been due to the amount of alcohol in me http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_blush.gif" border=0>

Still got the res of that stuff lying around here somewhere, but as a nonsmoker... dunno whether I'm ever going to use it http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Bhikku

OK- I found some at a hippy shop and gave it a try. I hope noone thinks ill of me but I'm not one to back down from something that interests me. I did a LOT of research before hand and read several first hand accounts with Lady Salvia. I only took one bong hit, but I guess several are required to get the full OBE effect. It was quite scary to tell you the truth, not like anything I have tried before, and I've tried it ALL.

I haven't had a fully concious OBE yet, but from what I've learned about both OBE's and Salvia I bet are pretty close, though with Salvia you are NOT in control. I felt like I was being FORCED into a vibrational state immediately, and I've never felt vibrations before. From my heart a strong vibration pulsed into both of my arms down to my hands, and I felt like I was about to pass out. I lied down and felt myself drifting "out" sideways. Now all of this was without any control what-so-ever, I didn't think to have an OBE, I was actually doing all I could not too. This plus a lot of hynatic imagery was about the whole deal, had I taken more Salvia I would have blacked out and had an OBE. I don't think that I will try this again, it was too much out-of-my-own-control, and quite frightning. Well, live and learn!

Ashfo

Id have to reccomend dex (dextromorphan) also known as DXM... it affects everyone differently, and you should know some dont like it... but it is a fantastic drug and completely legal.. just make sure you read up a little before trying it because some cough medicines have other drugs which have not so nice effects :)

If anyone is interested let me know...

- Ashfo

Grenade01

As someone who both grows and has used salvia divinorum, I have to say its quite interesting indeed.  All I can say is, if you plan on having a true salvia experience..prepare to completely loose your ego (and possibly your identity) and completely shatter reality as you know it.  It is much stronger than any other illigal hallucinogens (such as mushrooms, lsd, or pot) with the exception of DMT which is the most potent hallucinogen you can find.

Ive only experienced what you would call strong salvia trips twice, even though I grow it and have 2 grams of 5x in my dresser drawer.. Its not something to take lightly.  The good thing about it is since the most drastic part of the experience only lasts about 6 minutes, by the time you start to get scared, it is almost over.

I can talk more about salvia perhaps tomorrow (if you like) but its getting a bit late.  Personally I had 5x (although it was homemade extract) and it was enough to transport me to another dimension, and completely dissolve my ego and identity.  The trick with salvia is hitting it just right.  many people feel nothing off it.  You must take large hits (preferably from a bong) using a torch lighter (salvia becomes active much hotter than tabacco or pot).  Take a few deep breaths, then one large hit.  Hold it for *AT LEAST* 25 seconds.  Its tough but salvia takes some time to absorb into your lung tissues, unlike other drugs.  Then take one large breath, then repeat this.  usually 2 or 3 hits of 5x in this manner is enough to blow your mind.  If it is weak it may take more, but usually not.  A lower dose of salvia just produced a stoned feeling which is reminiscent of pot or mushrooms, but much stronger.

As for DXM... I have to agree it is a wonderful drug, but Im not sure if its good for OBE.  Ive had much more metiphysical experiences on DXM than any other drug, but I have to say they are always to intense for comfert.  If you would plan on this, I would suggest a low dose of dxm (perhaps 250 mg) and one to two hits off medium grade pot.  The two mix together amazingly, and produce a weird thought proccess that seems to cause random lucid dreams during meditation at will.  Dxm is the only drug i use for recreational purposes (I know I know..bad me)  but I really love the stuff.  

Daniel I have to say I partly disagree with you.  I think everyone should experiment with most of these substances at least once.  It really does change your perspective on life...however I do agree that it is not at all a path that you would want to take seriously.  Just an experience...singular and special.  No repeating though! =)

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/You must try some of my purple berries.
I've been eating them for 6 or 7 weeks now, haven't got sick once.
Prolly keep us both alive.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Bhikku

Grenade- thanks for your imput. I'd love to hear more about your experiences with salvia and DXM as well- I hadn't heard of DXM before- can you tell me more about its physical properties? Have any good Salvia stories to share?

Ashfo

DXM is found in over the counter cough medicines such as Robitussin extra strength and Vicks 44, as well as in lozenge form and (pure) powder. Basically it tastes absolutely horrificly vile, and I suggest reading up on some techniques on the websites at the bottom of this post as to how to take it without chucking, as chugging 2 or 3 bottles of cough syrup is unpleasant. For your first trip you should only ever take 100mg as a precautionary thing, as some people have enzyme defincies which mean they cant oxidise the drug (or some such).

DXM works on several plateaus namely up to 4 - though there has been reports of a fifth plateau that usually involves puking, the diarrhea, etc as well as a few reports of NDEs.

As an overview, first plateau is more like a party drug and usually involves taking 1.5-2.5mg/kg of your body. For many the most exciting part of first plateau is music; and I assure you that you will never experience music quite like it without dex :) Second plateau is roughly the same but I dont reccomend it as a party drug - you will most likely have trouble walking/talking etc. You can have mild hallucinations on second plateau. Third plateau is the highest I have gone and involves deep hallucinations, OBEs (though much different to what I have heard "natural" OBEs involve.. I have yet to have a natural OBE so cannot make the comparison), the trippy mind exploration stuff :). I have never been to fourth plateau but hear it is similair to third except much more profound and often involves meeting of entities/angels/"the DXM god" (no, seriously.. hehe), and removes you from the real world to the point of being paralysed, incoherent and to any person not on drugs absolutely totally whacked out :P

I reccomend doing some reading before taking some DXM as their are some important precautions and such that you must follow... namely I never buy cough syrups with anything but dextromethmorphan in it, as any other drug mixed in can either be harmless or kill you and it takes much experience and knowledge to know what not to mix with dex. On that point, never ever take Coricidin. I think it has castor oil or some other ingredient not listed in the ingredients and has been known to have killed 6 people and in some cases make users bleed from their eyeballs, anus, ears, etc. Just do not use Coricidin

One more thing - after you take your first hit drink some OJ... the dex is mildly acidic and OJ is an alkaline which should help to settle your stomach and reduce the sickening feeling.

http://www.third-plateau.org/

and more specifically the famous DXM FAQ - brilliant.

http://www.third-plateau.org/faq/dxm_faq.shtml

- Ashfo

Grenade01

The first two times I tried DXM my stomach got pretty upset.  After that It never got upset again, although I have a friend who takes DXM like candy, and he still pukes every time he takes it.  

Yeah drinking robitussin definately sucks..if you have to do it that way, make sure it has only dextromethorphen in the ingrediants, and NOTHING else.  anti histamines and such are bad (thats why coricidin screws you all up.  I know someone whos heart stopped on coricidin, and some guy at my high school died from it..possibly suicide I heard though)  

Something to note, In my opinion the syrup and the pure powder produce very different trips.  Im not sure why. It must be something to do with all that sugar your downing the syrup with. (the syrup will likely upset your stomach more because of all the sugar)  I get powder from a friend who ordered like 50 grams from some website which I dont remember.  
Usually I put the powder (I like to take between 300 and 500 grams depending on how intense I want it to be) into half of a gel cap, and I stuff the other end with a little tissue and swallow the gel cap(s).  
I do this because with both ends of the gel caps on, they seem to dissolve really slow and give you this weird prolonged trip which takes twice as long to come on and isnt as intense.  and i like the result much better when it can dissolve into my system faster.  
You can find chemical extractions which you can do on robitussin to create a powder. Ive done this once, using an extraction i found somewhere on there called agent lemon or something.  except I ommited the last step which involved using citrus to convert it from a freebase to hcl.  I just ate it freebase and had no problems.
I believe it involved acid/base using ammonia , naptha lighter fluid, and a 2 liter bottle.   the bigges tproblem i had with this is syphoning was hard (i put the stuff in a plastic bag and poked a hole in the bottom and drained out the bad stuff)  and when I let the good stuff dry out, the product was a sticky good which stuck to the plate.  i ended up scraping it off with a razor blade and just wiping it all over a napkin and swalling little balls of nasty napkin. hahah.. my friend got the process down, and he is able to get his product into gel caps...

but i got powder now and im fine with that.  also its not a good thing to do more than once a month because it has some toxicity issues.  I try to not do it more than twice a year myself...

good luck

i may post again with more salvia talk...but alas..my dinner is done

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/You must try some of my purple berries.

Grenade01

Oh yeah forgot to make the distinction of the syrup and powder trips.

with the syrup it generally felt more "drunk like" I spent a lot of time crawling around (on higher doses) and swaying, with double vision.

with the powder it feels much "cleaner" .  just a slight body buzz and intoxication, which makes it easier to focus on the interesting psychadelic effects your after.

if one just wanted to get high tho i suppose a bottle of robitussin would "bonk you up" pretty good hahah... but Im not into it for that at all

Bhikku

OK so I was surfing the net and came across articles written on a type of shamanistic plant that is called Salvia Divinorum. All I know about it is it's illeagal only in Austraila, and not much research has been done on it. Now I'm not a druggie or anything, but I saw silimlarites too close not to notice in this article. This is a text of this one mans experience, tell me what you make of it and how it relates to Astral Travel:
"The Experience: I sat down in a comfortable position with my head propped up and my hands folded.  M filled the pipe (a cheap cannabis pipe) to the brim with Salvia. I found myself a bit nervous...the same feeling one would feel before a carnival ride he/she has never been on. M then lit the pipe and administered the first hit to me.  I held it in for a good 20 seconds. Nothing much of a cannabis buzz happened for the first three hits.  I signaled for a 4th hit.  I held that in for a while, and then laid my head back.  All of a sudden I fell into an amnesic dream.  I was thinking to myself...that's weird nothing happened.  That's it?  That's what Salvia is like?  I don't feel a thing!  Wait a minute.  I'm dreaming, but I'm not asleep!  Here's how I described it to a friend:
"Imagine you are on this futuristic roller coaster right before it takes off.  You hear a voice that says "Get Ready...you are about to be catapulted off into the ride of your life" and then BANG...you have no idea what just happened.  You seemed to have dozed off right after the bang, but you're not sleeping.  You then think to yourself am I in an amusement park?  Wait, I went on the roller coaster and I heard this voice tell me I am about to be catapulted into the ride of my life, or something.  I don't remember anything after hearing that voice.  Is THIS it???  It can't be...it seems so...familiar.  Normal.  I've done this a thousand times before I was old enough to retain memories.  Wait...is that...I'm sleeping...who is that...this is so simple...I understand perfectly...things are always the same...".
After smoking Salvia, I felt some sort of amnesia. I was not quite sure what happened after the 3rd or 4th hit.  I then realized something...this WAS the trip.  It was like I fell asleep for 10 years after the 3rd hit, then right before I woke up, time traveled back 10 years and I woke up immediately after taking that hit.
During the moments after I felt like I had done this a hundred times before.  I felt like I was in a scene from my childhood...almost as if I had smoked Salvia as a child and was feeling something in the present. I felt (note, I didn't see any of this, it was purely a feeling) like I was 8 years old, in a park around my house in a swing during the middle of a summer day.  After I got this feeling, the feeling of the park transformed into where I was -- the beach at present age.  I then began to see (through closed eyelids) what looked like a ranch in Mexico.  I then *felt* that I was in the desert southwest, looking into this ranch.  Through closed eyelids, I saw the beach I was on, but then a few yards away, the beach sand ended and the ranch/desert began.  In the ranch, I thought I saw a beautiful Mexican lady, but I could be wrong. I then felt I was on an Indian reservation, with some Indians.  I felt the feeling of the "peyoteros".  I then felt the ranch/desert/reservation drift away, not in a normal fashion, but around my body in a 360 degree turn around my body.  I then felt a closeness with the aura of it all.  I got the feeling that Salvia was just one of a whole library of psychedelics just waiting to be used.  I then felt "normal" again and lied there still for a few moments, with my eyes closed.  M had wondered off and I heard him in the distance. I then heard footsteps come behind the umbrellas, and then around them.  I felt the presence of some old, yet beautiful man (could have been a woman) sprinkle some dust on me.  I didn't feel the dust, but I felt something mentally.  I then opened my eyes.  If you have seen the movie "Contact", I felt exactly like what happened to Jodie Foster as she crashed onto the beach after being transported in that machine.  Also, the scene afterward where she comes back to earth, yet still feeling she was on that beach. BTW, this was about 5-10 minutes after I had smoked that last hit. I sat up and walked off to the edge of the beach.  I was left with a sort of knowingness.  I realized many things at this point after the experience.  I would call THIS the best part of the trip.  The theories I had come up with the days before seemed to make sense.  EVERYTHING seemed to make total sense.  I thought about the world I live in.  That didn't make sense. Commercialism, money, business, finance, government...that made no sense.  I realized that things such as fear (such of that of ghosts), jealousy, anxiety, stress, fright...these were things that are human.  These things are built into the human mind to act as hurdles that we must jump.  She said that things such as fundamentalist religion and science were parts of this "human" quality. None of these "human" things made sense.  I realized that in the afterworld (or whatever), these things are no longer present. The human brain acts as a filter for our soul.  We can not directly experience the things our soul feels, so it gets filtered through our brain.  This filter adds things such as fear and hate to the things that our soul feels.  I felt like that filter had been removed for a while. This could technically be called losing your mind, though it had nothing to do with sanity.  I repeated to myself "If only they knew".  I had the feeling of having gone to heaven.  I was also shown the goodness of psychedelic drugs.  She told me that she had many, many "friends"...many of them haven't been discovered yet.  I walked back to the umbrellas to M.  He asked me how it was.  I just sat there silent, meditative.  I told him "I can't tell you what this is".  I had no sense of shock.  I had no sense of WOW, no sense of surprise.  It was just a sense of knowingness, understanding, calmness, peace.  I remained silent for the whole "afterglow" period.  Now, I look at things a different way.  Salvia is definitely a "teacher" plant.  I now look upon her (and her friends) very seriously and in the utmost respect."