News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

why religious mantras work?

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on July 30, 2022, 14:28:55
Love that video Lu. That is actually my favorite mantra as well. I have it on a CD done by Tibetan Monks. I also pull it up on yt and like to listen to various artists. But I will be using the one you posted for a while, vary soothing. Thank you!
You're welcome, Dear!  :-)

Years ago, I came across it. During the first few months I would use it like I use Binaural Beats. I would go listen to it daily. Then I noticed that the image of "elements" seemed to spontaneously appear while I was reciting it. This led me to investigate it further and I found that yes, it is all based on Fire, Water, Earth, Air and lastly Spirit. Like I said above, I still use it today as the intro to all of my Phase soak sessions. It is very calming.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Volgerle

I recently experimented with Mantras again (after years). I will give this one a try, too.

Lumaza

Quote from: Volgerle on July 30, 2022, 17:38:16
I recently experimented with Mantras again (after years). I will give this one a try, too.
As Master Yoda says...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kRAE_2BPB0&t=2s
 :-D :-D :-D
That was the long version. But nonetheless it is a "teachable" moment!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

EscapeVelocity

Agreed on the summation by majour ka plus Nameless' clarification on the "stopping the thinking" in order to create/allow a space to open for Being.

Excellent mantra and link Lumaza, thank you! It goes straight to my favorites and homescreen, then find a way to my Iphone!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lumaza

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on July 30, 2022, 21:32:41
Excellent mantra and link Lumaza, thank you! It goes straight to my favorites and homescreen, then find a way to my Iphone!
EV, your welcome!  :-)

Which link did you mean? The one to the healing Mantra? The one to Master Yoda's wise words? or both?  :-D :-D :-D

omcasey

I adore working with mantras and have worked with two for multiple decades:

1. The Gayatri Mantra
2. The Mrityunjaya Mantra

I work also with seed sounds: ah, om, aum, etc..

Someone mentioned Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

I recently had worked with a Japanese care client who worked with this mantra twice daily her whole life. She taught it to me and we often practiced it together.

"Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is a vow, an expression of determination, to embrace and manifest our Buddha nature. It is a pledge to oneself to never yield to difficulties and to win over one's suffering. At the same time, it is a vow to help others reveal this law in their own lives and achieve happiness."

This is so interesting to me. Notably as I, just moments prior to now was telling someone of a default mechanism I have in me.

I essentially described it as what is in quotes there. Which I didn't know until reading this thread and searching the translation. Life is fascinating.

Truly. Just wow.

Volgerle

Quote from: Lumaza on July 30, 2022, 19:29:16
As Master Yoda says...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kRAE_2BPB0&t=2s
 :-D :-D :-D
That was the long version. But nonetheless it is a "teachable" moment!  :-)
How could I forget   :-D

Of course I will DO it.   8-)

And Yoda ... always brings nice memories back from our common successful yoda/buddha figurine remote viewing experiment.
:-)

Lumaza

Quote from: Volgerle on July 31, 2022, 08:04:58
And Yoda ... always brings nice memories back from our common successful yoda/buddha figurine remote viewing experiment.
:-)
Yes, unfortunately that experiment died quickly, as does all the other group experiments that I attempt to implement on this Forum!  :roll:  Oh well, another time, maybe another reality!  :-) 

Volgerle

Quote from: Lumaza on July 31, 2022, 10:56:40
Yes, unfortunately that experiment died quickly, as does all the other group experiments that I attempt to implement on this Forum!  :roll:  Oh well, another time, maybe another reality!  :-)  
Many folks who 'tried' it (I should say 'did' but in this case they really only 'tried') just don't have the stamina for it if they are not really 'into' AP or similar techniques that afford some 'work' and commitment.

Just btw, I think a 'more loose' RV experiment could work on this forum though if we do not restrict it to a certain technique. One puts out a target (object of their choice, real one or a pic) and 'sends' it to the others who  make their guesses when they 'view' it by using a technique of their own choice, be it AP/OBE, dreaming, classical remote viewing or just intuitive 'vision quests'. So it would not be about 'teaching' a method but rather about 'practicing'. IMV this could work here. Just sayin'.
8-)

Lumaza

Quote from: Volgerle on July 31, 2022, 14:23:20
Many folks who 'tried' it (I should say 'did' but in this case they really only 'tried') just don't have the stamina for it if they are not really 'into' AP or similar techniques that afford some 'work' and commitment.
"Try" in my mnd means "one and done".

QuoteJust btw, I think a 'more loose' RV experiment could work on this forum though if we do not restrict it to a certain technique. One puts out a target (object of their choice, real one or a pic) and 'sends' it to the others who  make their guesses when they 'view' it by using a technique of their own choice, be it AP/OBE, dreaming, classical remote viewing or just intuitive 'vision quests'. So it would not be about 'teaching' a method but rather about 'practicing'. IMV this could work here. Just sayin'.
8-)
That sounds cool Volgerle! The problem is we barely get anyone posting on the Astral Pulse anymore as it is, let alone attempting to introduce a new experiment into the fray! :|

Nameless

Quote from: Volgerle on July 31, 2022, 14:23:20

Just btw, I think a 'more loose' RV experiment could work on this forum though if we do not restrict it to a certain technique. One puts out a target (object of their choice, real one or a pic) and 'sends' it to the others who  make their guesses when they 'view' it by using a technique of their own choice, be it AP/OBE, dreaming, classical remote viewing or just intuitive 'vision quests'. So it would not be about 'teaching' a method but rather about 'practicing'. IMV this could work here. Just sayin'.
8-)
the Yoda experiment must have been before my time or I just don't remember it. But I like your idea Volgerle. We may be few but we're awesome. :-)

Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

omcasey

This is the direct link to the youtube video

My voice is not my strong suit to say the least, but I have been working with this mantra on and off since I discovered it decades ago while in my 30s *please see important note at the close of this post for a single correction, it appears I decided to make a change but that change is incorrect. I have practiced the Mrityunjaya along with the seed sounds and the Gayatri mantra. The Mrityunjaya is a mantra of ( and prayer for ) liberation. If you would like to learn this mantra the tools are right here to begin diving in.

THE MANTRA

Om Trayambakam Yajaamahe
Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam
Oorvarukamiva Bandhanaan
Mrityor-Mokshiyamaamrutaat

Meaning of the Mantra
The verse-by-verse meaning of this mantra is as follows: 🗣

Line 1 : Om Trayambakam Yajaamahe ~ Meaning : Bless me, Oh Divine Three-Eyed One, the unstoppable force of the Universe
Line 2 : Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam ~ Meaning : The One who is the aroma of the soul, and who nourishes the spirits of all beings
Line 3 : Oorvarukamiva Bandhanaan ~ Meaning : From the web of bondage that holds us captive like cucumbers entangled in their creepers
Line 4 : Mrityor-Mokshiyamaamrutaat ~ Meaning : Bless me, so I may achieve self-awareness and salvation from the fear of death and death itself. And achieve the immortality of spirit.

Important note: ( my apologies ), at the end of the third stanza I am pronouncing a "t" and it should be "n". The exact pronunciation of the sounds is very important. Please follow the written words when working with this mantra. All else is correct in the video, just be sure to end the 3rd stanza with the sound "n". This video is for learning purposes, let's all learn correctly ( myself of course included! ). A very beautiful rendition of this mantra at 174hz can also be heard here.

Casey

tides2dust

Quote from: mon9999 on March 09, 2011, 05:31:57
I've been chanting the "hare Krishna" maha mantra lately and all I can say is WOW!
I'm not a hindu and in fact I'm not a believer of any religion, but now after a few weeks of chanting this mantra it just gives me a sense of bliss and well being. I am also an astral projector from time to time but with no success lately so I tried chanting this mantra that I've found from the internet.
here is the full mantra:

Hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare
Hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare.

I just have to chant it without being concerned with the technical way of chanting it. Just chant it as if you are reading it.

Now my question is this, If religion Gods are not real or some of us believe that religions are fake or does not make any sense( for some ) then why do this hindu mantra work??  :?
One, everything is vibration. Sound is sacred, powerful.
Two, sincerity is key.

Separately
Religion has been misunderstood and abused by we- children of this earth for a long, long time.

Your journey, your discoveries... These are real.