News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

1 in 3 Americans

Previous topic - Next topic

runlola

:|

BluBelle

I find it interesting that older people believe in ghosts less.  My grandma was in her sixties when she built a house on land willed to a native ghost.  They have existed together in the house (not on very friendly terms) for 20 some odd years.
My father, the educator, Mr. Black-and-White-and-No-in-Between saw her (the ghost) two years ago.  He also had another experience a few months prior to that.  At 64 years of age, his whole belief system flipped upside down.  After months of scouring the internet looking for a 'logical' explanation, he finally accepted the fact that things aren't quite as they seem.  hehe

Nay

Hmmmm..I'm older folk, and I believe in ghosts.  

I guess, first I need to know the definition of Ghost.  Is that a "soul" trapped on our plane and sees nothing else but the drama they are playing?

Nay

Nay

In that case, I've seen a few and a few I've talked about  them on these forums. :)   Well...most if 'em. ;)

Nay

Smilodon29A

Heh Nay maybe you should first  need to know the definition of older  :D

To me the old person is the one who lost most of the will to live this physical life :)
If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
      --Anonymous
There cannot be a crisis next week.  My schedule is already full.
      --Henry Kissinger

Nay

Quote from: Smilodon29AHeh Nay maybe you should first  need to know the definition of older  :D

To me the old person is the one who lost most of the will to live this physical life :)

Geez, isn't that what I said?  :) ;)  Ummmm...sorta..

Nay

Hans Solo

I don't know about you guys but I have seen a "shadow person".  I had no idea what a shadow person was until after I saw it.  I searched Google by putting in Shadow + ghost, and it directed me to Art Bell :(  

I saw the shadow person when I was chilling in the family room reading a book, and I looked up from the book at the kitchen and there it was stepping into the doorway.  FREAKED ME OUT!  Some of you guys know me and I have to say I am a VERY skeptical person when it comes to all of this stuff.  So I guess I would be included in this belief.  I think this is the first time I have told anyone about this instance, please don't think i'm weird :wink: (and dont tell my friends)

Han
"Man, I just sprinted a mile and my heart chakra is going crazy!"

"Women only want me for my Focus 4"

mactombs

Han, how long did you see this shadow person for?

I've seen lots of shadow people, but I'm still skeptical. The brain has a way of interpreting what you see. If there's not enough physical data, the brain kinda fills in the holes.

Another thing to consider is that shadow people are usually seen at night, when it's dark, and when people might be a bit sleepy.

I've seen plenty of shadow people, but I still wouldn't claim to have ever seen a ghost. If a ghost wants any credibility with me, it better visit in daylight hours and hang around for a while.
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

Gandalf

doesnt really suprise me, Americans are suckers for anything, ghosts, aliens, second coming of jesus, judgement day, elvis lives... you name it!

:wink:

Doug
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

mactombs

Oh come on, England has the largest population of ghosts in the world. (Or is that just a clever ploy to attract American suckers and boost profits from tourism ... )

And what's that cat that's supposed to haunt Scotland?
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

Gandalf

I can't really speak for England as I come from Scotland, and as for 'the cat that haunts Scotland' it must be a pretty busy cat. I've never heard of it and it must be pretty busy to haunt an entire country!

It is true that the UK has plenty ghosts but that's only to be expected with a long history. Dracula has a line I like when he warns Harker about wandering the rooms and corridors of the castle at night :
'the castle is old, and has many bad memories'.

Doug
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

mactombs

QuoteI can't really speak for England as I come from Scotland, and as for 'the cat that haunts Scotland' it must be a pretty busy cat. I've never heard of it and it must be pretty busy to haunt an entire country!

"The police have received over a thousand reports of big cat sightings in Scotland."

Here's a link to a site about the cryptozoology cat: http://www.messybeast.com/big_cat.htm

And another of personal reports of cats, some said to be bigger than dogs: http://www.highlanderweb.co.uk/haunted/home.htm

I find these rumors of cats very interesting. There's the Kellas Cats of Scotland (is it a hybrid between a stray and a wildcat or a new species?).

And then there is of course Cait Sith (pronounced: Cat Shee), the Highland fairy cat (which was also a character in Final Fantasy, unfortunately).

Cats seem pretty prominent in Scotland, it seems to me. My family crest has one, and there's the family motto for MacKintosh "Touch Not the Cat Bot a Glove". I think cat hauntings are to be expected ... especially with all that fog  ... :wink:

Telos

1 out of every 3 people in the United States is mentally ill. (link)

QuoteOne out of three people is mentally ill. Ask two friends how they're doing. If they say they're OK, then you're it.

Coincidence? Not that I agree with that statement or anything.

Frank

Telos:

I just spoke to Doug and he says he's fine and it's definitely not me. :)

Yours,
Frank

Telos

Frank,

Neither of you are in the United States!