News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Alex Jone vs Piers Morgan CNN interview

Previous topic - Next topic

Stillwater

QuoteYour cops have guns though don't they?

Understatement of the century, haha.

There is a phrase in the US called "suicide by cop", which is to say that it doesn't take much to get an officer to shoot at you... looking at them twice can sometimes do it, and there are all sorts of times when people have had 20 bullets pumped into them, only for it to later be revealed they were reaching for their wallets.

And the police are over the years being outfitted with fully automatic weapons, high-powered snipers, and armor piercing ammunition, so much so that they have become a standing army in their own respect.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

j360

There has been a lot of anti-gun hysteria from politicians and the media lately. One thing that isn't getting enough attention is violent crime has decreased by around 50% in the last 20 years which is huge and that's despite there being more guns then ever in the US. The safest parts of the US tend to have the least restrictive gun laws. It makes little sense that most focus has been on military style semi-auto rifles like the ar15 since they are rarely used in crimes, they might be scary looking to some but it's naive to think another assault weapons ban would make a difference when the last one didn't. I think ending the war on drugs is the most realistic chance of reducing the homicide rate further.

Here is a pretty good objective overview of crime stats between the US and the UK which demonstrates the UK has a lower homicide rate but much higher overall violent crime rate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ooa98FHuaU0

Bedeekin

Quote from: Stillwater on January 12, 2013, 12:26:42
Understatement of the century, haha.

There is a phrase in the US called "suicide by cop", which is to say that it doesn't take much to get an officer to shoot at you... looking at them twice can sometimes do it, and there are all sorts of times when people have had 20 bullets pumped into them, only for it to later be revealed they were reaching for their wallets.

And the police are over the years being outfitted with fully automatic weapons, high-powered snipers, and armor piercing ammunition, so much so that they have become a standing army in their own respect.

When I was leaving Texas after spending fun gun-times times with the SWAT teams and police I was sat with Marcus (who I went with) and Breck (the guy we stayed with) were sitting in Dallas airport. We were discussing the last couple of weeks and I got discussing how different the cops are in the US compared to the UK (lol) and Breck told me to approach the cop who was patrolling the Duty Free shops and ask what gun he used... be polite... explain who I was etc. So I did. I approached the cop and said "hi I'm Ben Phillips" he shook my hand "I've been spending time with the louisiana police department... in a good way" nervous giggle... complete straight face from cop - unflinching - "What were you doing with them?"... "I was making electronic flash grenades for the SWAT teams..." Impressed nod from the cop... "I was wondering... what sidearm do the Dallas police use? what do you have"...

He proceeded to take his gun from its holster (a Glock 22 40 cal), he removed the mag and checked the breech and handed me it to admire.

If you did the same thing in a UK airport you would probably get told to move along or get arrested.

catmeow

That rant from Alex Jones is the BEST advert I have ever seen against the gun lobby.

I mean, the thought of a clearly mad and unintelligent man like AJ carrying a loaded firearm is seriously scary.  Seriously scary stuff.

The 911 ambush was genius. If there was ever any question that AJ is an insane man, it removed all doubt.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

AstralCody

Bedeekin I must say you have some impressive firearms! I am a gun collector and so far I have...

Glock 19
S&W 4566 .45
Ruger LCP

.32 Winchester sp
Marlin .22 bolt action (scoped)
Ruger .22 semi auto (scoped)
AK-101 (actually chambered in 5.56 not 7.62 and it's Romanian)
AR-15
.300 WSM. Just got my scope for christmas...
Mossberg 500

and that's really it right now. I love going out to my step dads cabin and just plink cans and paper targets. I used to hunt but I really don't anymore. It's just so much fun (and actually an anxiety reducer) for me to just shoot at cans and stuff. I'll have to show you a pic of my garage sometime hehe... I don't go shooting much anymore though because ammo is so expensive and I got to be careful with my money.

I actually watched this video yesterday... I honestly just giggled. I try not to get too involved in these kind of debates and stuff. I support the second amendment though.

Volgerle

Quote from: catmeow on January 12, 2013, 18:10:10
That rant from Alex Jones is the BEST advert I have ever seen against the gun lobby.

I mean, the thought of a clearly mad and unintelligent man like AJ carrying a loaded firearm is seriously scary.  Seriously scary stuff.

The 911 ambush was genius. If there was ever any question that AJ is an insane man, it removed all doubt.

apart from scary Jones craziness, we should maybe not mistake ONE (out of many!) messenger for the message itself, e.g. you could maybe delve a little into the 911 matter and you will find out that a lot of things are strange about it, of course, it served the cause to make him even more ridiculous before the audience of a deluded and mass-hypnosed sheeple public who blindly follow what the corporate media feed them

.... but okay, I'm getting off-topic now  :wink:

Bedeekin

Here's the thing... I live in the UK and am British and I keep the guns 2nd party with a law enforcement guy who holds a class 3 permit (I hope I got that right). He is actually a gun dealer in Louisiana who works for the local law enforcement and SWAT. It's a bizarre reason how that worked out. I haven't been back for a few years and intend to go visit this year hopefully. I will probably end up living in the US anyhoo.

One major downer of shooting automatics all weekend is the blisters on my thumb and the bruised shoulder.  :-D

I seriously find them fun and remove all death association with them... I find it quite chilling to shoot at human shaped targets. I get asked "Wanna go shoot Gaters?" I'm like... "No!!! But I would love to see them"

The same goes for my Katanas. They are beautifully made and no doubt designed purely for one thing... but I love them for their craftsmanship and I hold... no... HELD... a 2nd Kyu black belt in Togakure-Ryu Ninjutsu so know how to use them. I wouldn't dream of hurting anyone with them. It shudders me to think about it.

Anonymouse

Well, guns for collecting, for shooting at targets...etc. It's not what is being discussed. No one has a problem with that. Or at least I hope so.

The problem is mates, those policemen do what they do because they can. Because they're allowed. Don't you see the problem it's not them?. The problem is the system itself, it has no control whatsoever. You don't know what are they doing with your money for starters. I mean, you don't even know what your government is doing... and that to me is insane.

Guns are a minor subject, a minor concern. I really think we have to understand, things can't keep working like this. I've seen so much "allowed crimes" in the last 2 years that yeah, it got me ticked off, but don't let them make you believe that "cops" are the "target".

A small example; Spain is in recession. Why?. Cause the system doesn't have anything to control itself, so they started building more houses than people lived in Spain; 100% employment in that time (60% in construction). 16 Year old kids, dropping from school to work in construction cause they got paid 2,000 euros a month. Now you have abandoned houses, you have an entire market that isn't moving. Debts, banks that have their money now worth in houses.
You know the funny thing?; they're kicking people out of their own houses, cause they don't have money to pay for rent (no jobs). How insane is that?.

There has to be a control system. It's common sense.

. Who should control them?. Either a department (that can be chosen, or changed if it's not working aka; getting corrupted). Or the people themselves. Country movements, earnings, debts...etc. To be made public.

Those are just two options.

P.S: I may have gone out of topic. Sorry folks  :wink: , had to get  that out

AstralCody

Quote from: Anonymouse on January 13, 2013, 07:52:09
Well, guns for collecting, for shooting at targets...etc. It's not what is being discussed. No one has a problem with that. Or at least I hope so.

The problem is mates, those policemen do what they do because they can. Because they're allowed. Don't you see the problem it's not them?. The problem is the system itself, it has no control whatsoever. You don't know what are they doing with your money for starters. I mean, you don't even know what your government is doing... and that to me is insane.

Guns are a minor subject, a minor concern. I really think we have to understand, things can't keep working like this. I've seen so much "allowed crimes" in the last 2 years that yeah, it got me ticked off, but don't let them make you believe that "cops" are the "target".

A small example; Spain is in recession. Why?. Cause the system doesn't have anything to control itself, so they started building more houses than people lived in Spain; 100% employment in that time (60% in construction). 16 Year old kids, dropping from school to work in construction cause they got paid 2,000 euros a month. Now you have abandoned houses, you have an entire market that isn't moving. Debts, banks that have their money now worth in houses.
You know the funny thing?; they're kicking people out of their own houses, cause they don't have money to pay for rent (no jobs). How insane is that?.

There has to be a control system. It's common sense.

. Who should control them?. Either a department (that can be chosen, or changed if it's not working aka; getting corrupted). Or the people themselves. Country movements, earnings, debts...etc. To be made public.

Those are just two options.

P.S: I may have gone out of topic. Sorry folks  :wink: , had to get  that out

Anon I hear you. It blows me away with the Police ride alongs I have done how many people yell at them thinking they create the laws. They just "enforce them." So many people do not understand that. It's interesting that almost every police officer I have talked to said they cannot stand the government, and if they were told to go door to door to take peoples guns away (which won't happen) They said they would quit the job before doing such a thing.

When Alex said- "SUICIDE MASS MURDER PILLS!" I laughed hard because I am on those. :lol: I have been most of my life. There were times in my life where I did in fact want to off myself. Was it medication doing it, or was it 17 years of not getting better and being miserable? I don't know. I do know that I do not give up no matter how miserable I am. I fight, and try my hardest to figure out what could be the cause of it and to change it.

I am doing pretty well these days and astral projection saved me. I know this may sound nuts but if everyone was spiritual and astral projected, and knew there was so much more than this... I doubt that there would be any crime at all. If there was it would be SUPER LOW and guns wouldn't even be an issue. Like you said, guns aren't the issue here. I strongly agree I should have the right to own an AR-15 to protect myself. I know... a 30 round mag and optics on it... tac lights... and people go why do you need that? Because it's my right! Hell, I think the concept alone of something being able to shoot a projectile 3,000 ft per second is astonishing. It interests me.

I wish he would have asked Morgan why all these felons (who aren't allowed to purchase a firearm of any kind) end up with them anyway and end up shooting at the cops. Take away guns from the good guys and you are stripping their right to defend themselves against the guys who will get them anyway and most probably don't care if you live or die.

Lionheart

Quote from: Stookie_ on January 15, 2013, 11:14:10
I came across this last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm7dZi_DFZQ
Yep, that  interview became the brunt of the Late Night TV show's focus. Jay Leno and David Letterman had their say as well.

Bedeekin

Lionheart

"Good people don't need laws to tell them to act responsibily, and bad people will find a way around laws." Plato

Stillwater

QuoteA 5-year-old girl was suspended from school earlier this week after she made what the school called a "terrorist threat."

I am getting really disgusted with that T word.

It pretty much means anyone doing anything negative in any way, or having any idea or stance the accusing group doesn't like or agree with, and it is so emotionally charged with melodrama that you can justify doing anything at all to any person you label it to.

It is in poor enough taste when governments and media use the word... does it really need to be applied to a little girl at play by her own temporary caretakers?

By this usage, little league games and playgrounds are brimming with "Terrorism".

Volgerle

children in Afghanistan and Pakistan are already considered terrorists, that's why they get killed a lot by CIA and military drones nowadays

:cry:

Stillwater

Yes entire villages of people are being wiped out more or less for no reason at all and it is never publicized- also in in places which the US even denies military prescence, like Iran. I have met people who were there when it happened, although I can't divulge who they are.

Make no mistake, the US, China and Russia are indeed commiting genocides on a daily basis.

zareste

Quote from: Stillwater on January 21, 2013, 17:23:15the US, China and Russia are indeed commiting genocides on a daily basis.
those are land masses

Mini stapler

Quote from: Lionheart on January 21, 2013, 03:31:09
When does this madness end? Now it's just getting plain ridiculous.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/kindergartner-suspended-over-bubble-gun-threat-174618051--abc-news-topstories.html

Got to be kidding! I don't know whether to laugh or cry. ... 'terrorist' 'threat' 'bubbles' ...