News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Batman - The Dark Knight

Previous topic - Next topic

Flamethon

The Dark Knight, the latest Batman movie, was released Friday with great reviews. After seeing this great film last night I was left amazed of, not only how good it was but, how great the symbolism is. This film clearly portrays the 'Chaotic Corruption' that we as Americans are experiencing as of now. I will not go into too much detail of the many symbols as that would be spoiling the film for those who have not seen it.

The 1922 Peace Dollar in the film is clearly symbolic of the 'evil' in what is seen as 'good' or the dark side of Liberty. 1922 was the year the coin was put into circulation.

The Joker are the mentally ill big people who are running this country through chaos, fear, and miss use of power. They will use terrorism involving innocent law-abiding civilians then cover it up by putting the blame on someone else. This is meant to get anyone to do what they want and not because "they want to". The Joker card is seen in the Judge's Law Book representing The Law.

I would not be surprise that this current increase in police power becomes as huge as Gotham City. No privacy or right to choose for yourself thus resulting in an imprisoned society where innocents are put among the nation's criminals unaware that the true enemy, or terrorist, is not among them but those who control them. What Liberty is there when Civil Rights are lost because we want to be safe from 'Terrorism' so our Government tells us it is necessary for 'Homeland Security'. How can the soul evolve if it is restricted to unfair rules because 'Big Brother' believes they know what is best for us? It can not and will not unless action is taken. Government for the People not People for the Government!! Sounds like a Civil War is necessary where the true hero is seen as the enemy or The Dark Knight.

Look at the film's picture. A flaming batman signal on a tall building in Gotham City (New York) that collapses as if it were planned. 9/11 anyone?
Life is a Journey, a Journey where all events that occur are merely those created through Will and Faith. Have Faith that you Will overcome all obstacles. Open the Heart and let the Mind flow freely for these are the keys to living life to the fullest.

no_leaf_clover

I haven't seen this movie yet but I've read the same thing and can't wait to see it.

I love movies that have deeper underlying symbolism to something relevant to our times, and especially from what you post, Dark Knight sounds like it takes to that idea hardcore.  Like I said, I haven't seen it, but a tall collapsing building is definitely a symbol, for several different metaphors.  The "falling tower" symbol has been around on Tarot cards for ages, and what it has always represented is uncannily similar to what our fallen towers (9/11) represent.  We even have two of them fall that were identical, as though they were esoteric twin pillars, representing dualities and particularly male/female dualities of knowledge.

I remember a quote from a preview I saw, too;  something encouraging like: "The night is just the darkness before the dawn."  Very relevant to our age, and a very uplifting message imo.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Flamethon

Watch it whenever you can. You will love the symbolism, trust me. It's the best movie I seen in this life and will buy it as soon as it comes out.
Would probably not had known about Batman's true meaning if it wasn't for my Film Analysis teacher in High School pushing me to remember every word and technique there is. I am grateful that he made a hard difficult class I hated into something I love to use now.

I have been learning to read Tarot cards for a week now and never thought about "The Tower" card relating to 9/11. Very good point and the lightning striking the tower represents a sudden chaotic change which is what happened that year; No one suspected it, everyone was scared and didn't know what to think, and it brought change.

The building has great reference to 9/11. Do not want to spoil the movie for you but it shows similarities to our 9/11 during and after the collapse (ground zero).

Ever heard of John Titor from 2036? His future sounds very similar to the movies portrayal of what is to come. The best thing to do in his time is to run not because you want to but run because "you have to".
Life is a Journey, a Journey where all events that occur are merely those created through Will and Faith. Have Faith that you Will overcome all obstacles. Open the Heart and let the Mind flow freely for these are the keys to living life to the fullest.

iNNERvOYAGER

Quote from: Flamethon on July 21, 2008, 14:54:40
The Joker are the mentally ill big people who are running this country through chaos, fear, and miss use of power. They will use terrorism involving innocent law-abiding civilians then cover it up by putting the blame on someone else.

Government for the People not People for the Government!! Sounds like a Civil War is necessary where the true hero is seen as the enemy or The Dark Knight.

yes I agree, the democrat run congress and senate are evil and self serving. They are heavily invested in defeat, blatantly give aid , comfort, and encouragement to the enemy for the purpose of increasing casualties for political exploitation.

Why do we have restrictions on oil exploration and refineries? Starting with Carter, the plan was to create high gas prices to stimulate the development of alternative energy sources. (predicting that it had to go to $4.50/gal in the US to get the intended result) Notice that all Bush had to do was to "tell" congress to get off their butts and lift restrictions, and the price per barrel dropped the next day as speculators reacted to someone standing up to the nonsense and raising the bullcrap flag on the house and senate.

Maybe the result of tough love is good as people think twice before driving behemoth pieces of heavy equipment just to go back and forth to the office, and to pick up a gallon of milk.
And really, the majority of vehicles you see on the streets today indicates that gas is not that expensive.

Still a lot of retards driving ridiculous cars, and doing insane behavior such as leaving the engine running while going in to go shopping. (what's with that? It drives me nuts)

no_leaf_clover

Quote from: iNNERvOYAGER on July 23, 2008, 20:24:01
yes I agree, the democrat run congress and senate are evil and self serving.

Just thought I would give you the courtesy of letting you know that,  if a civil war does break out in the US,  'evil democrats' aren't going to be the target, because they aren't really the problem:  people like you are.  So I would be careful about preaching your Republican propaganda on the streets in those times, because most people have already had more than enough of it.  I can't imagine how many people must have supported Hitler up until the very day he was removed from power, but rest assured there are good odds that this is you.  :)

iNNERvOYAGER

Quote"I would not be surprise that this current increase in police power becomes as huge as Gotham City. No privacy or right to choose for yourself thus resulting in an imprisoned society where innocents are put among the nation's criminals unaware that the true enemy, or terrorist, is not among them but those who control them. What Liberty is there when Civil Rights are lost because we want to be safe from 'Terrorism' so our Government tells us it is necessary for 'Homeland Security'. How can the soul evolve if it is restricted to unfair rules because 'Big Brother' believes they know what is best for us? It can not and will not unless action is taken. Government for the People not People for the Government!! Sounds like a Civil War is necessary where the true hero is seen as the enemy or The Dark Knight.

Look at the film's picture. A flaming batman signal on a tall building in Gotham City (New York) that collapses as if it were planned. 9/11 anyone?"

When someone initiates and spews nonsense like this, a quick and brutal reply with the truth is required.

Liberalism is a mental illness, please get help. Thank you.    :-D

Flamethon

Quote from: iNNERvOYAGER on August 14, 2008, 20:31:26
When someone initiates and spews nonsense like this, a quick and brutal reply with the truth is required.

Liberalism is a mental illness, please get help. Thank you.    :-D

:lol: Pleased to see you sharing what you believe. I have a question for you. When police are searching homes without reason and every state has Martial Law where would you be? In the cities supporting Law as long as you are safe and pleased though they continue to stomp over our God-given rights to protect us or fighting for what you believe and know is right even if your seen as wrong?

This is the time to learn and evolve. Those who remain satisfied with the physical world will continue to be stressed and ill no matter how amazing and powerful tvs, computers, cars, and man-made drugs may be but those who remember who they are and serve their purpose in this world will continue to be satisfied and close to God as they evolve past illusions.

By the way this war is not between democrats and republicans. As I said before the war is between the greedy super powers (governments and followers) and their innocent people (civilians living the life they choose). In the mind of the corrupted, there are way too many people and only enough land and material for the Elite.
I know there is no perfect government and never will be but I will fight for the freedom of all innocent people even if I'm alone and seen as crazy, hopeless, or the enemy by the media.

Many great men in this world risk their life for the good of humanity even when they are against many who do not agree. History is filled with these great souls and will continue to repeat as it always has until man learns his lesson through mistakes in order to open a new chapter in evolution.

no_leaf_clover

Quote from: Flamethon on August 16, 2008, 01:38:27
By the way this war is not between democrats and republicans. As I said before the war is between the greedy super powers (governments and followers) and their innocent people (civilians living the life they choose)

Pretty much the same situation as the French Revolution (wealthiest 5% owned about 90% of the country's wealth) except worse by the numbers,  and now they know to distract our slower brothers with the most trivial freaking petty arguments between two puppet parties.

Every time I hear anything political I want to puke.  Politic literally came from the greek words "poly" (many) and "tic(k)" (blood-sucking insect).  So, many blood-sucking insects.  It seems like things only make sense when you don't have your head up your butt in them already.  Who would've thought?

Flamethon

Quote from: no_leaf_clover on August 16, 2008, 14:37:47
Pretty much the same situation as the French Revolution (wealthiest 5% owned about 90% of the country's wealth) except worse by the numbers,  and now they know to distract our slower brothers with the most trivial freaking petty arguments between two puppet parties.

I agree and those numbers will continue as the middle class becomes extinct and the poor greatly increase leaving only a few selfish greedy rich people who are satisfied with the economy as long as only they continue to get money.

Quote from: no_leaf_clover on August 16, 2008, 14:37:47
Every time I hear anything political I want to puke.  Politic literally came from the greek words "poly" (many) and "tic(k)" (blood-sucking insect).  So, many blood-sucking insects.  It seems like things only make sense when you don't have your head up your butt in them already.  Who would've thought?

I never did like politics either and could never get excited about it. My grades would drop in History class because of boring politics lol but I admit I learned a lot about how ridiculous they are and to never to get involved.

That's very interesting how politics derived from that Greek meaning. Their senseless arguing are merely distractions to suck the lifeforce from us as the more important issues are kept hidden to those not getting sucked in by the nonsense.

iNNERvOYAGER

This thread might be a good example of an exchange of propaganda.

Perhaps we'll know the truth only after we die.  Or it could seem so unimportant and trivial that we don't care and instantly forget.

Look around you, and try to imagine what it will be like in 150,000 years. In 150,000 years will anyone care or even know that we existed?

If one ant pile attacks another ant pile, does anything or anyone care to take account?

It's hard to imagine the possibility that as we suffer our little existences in self grandeur that in the whole scheme of things everything we do is insignificant and unaccountable.

This could be our hope for true and total forgiveness.