News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Dolores Cannon on time and alternate realities

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

I typically don't read or watch anything on the astral and ET topics, but I came across this short video of Dolores Cannon about time and alternate realities. I was curious to see what her thoughts were, and they were exactly aligned with my own understanding. I have only read Robert Monroe, William Buhlman and the Seth materials on these topics. Everything comes to me in form of knowing perhaps as a result of my APs and meditative thinking to find answers. So, I was never interested in reading or watching anything that is out there on these topics, because I already have understanding. Even when I read the Seth materials, it was affirmation of what I already knew. But I may go through Dolores Cannon's youtube playlist just out of delight because she was spreading knowledge to others that I think was spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdVMemHnv-U&list=PL6CKSuW72Gw3LICMJ8hPgxHT-gLuU8WpN&index=5

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

That's what her Radio show was all based on. She helped people understand things. She helped those that "heard the call" know their purpose on this rock of ours! Unfortunately, that all ended when she passed on a few years back. Her daughter didn't have the "gift" that Dolores had.   :-( We still have all her books though. So, she lives on through them. She served and knew her purpose for being here and for that we are ever thankful!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

LightBeam

Yes, very grateful for people like Dolores, because they empower us, connect like-minded people and comfort them to realize that they are not alone or weird with that kind of thinking. That this kind of thinking is not only normal, but advanced.
When I was a child, there was no internet, no one talked about this, no one thought like I did, and I couldn't even read at that age yet to search for any sort of information. You can imagine how I felt so powerless because I thought that I was the only one on this Earth that was thinking like that and that if I didn't have fellow beings like me I could not fight on my own. I saw the need this Earth had of help, a lot of help and I tried many times to heal entire hospitals full of sick people, but there were no results. I felt disappointed, I felt that I had no power at all and Earth was left without any superior support.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Volgerle

I read quite a few of her books. They are all fascinating reads.

The series 'Convoluted Universe' (5 volumes) is very recommendable. It touches on a lot of topics including ETs:

https://www.amazon.com/The-Convoluted-Universe-Book-One-5-book-series/dp/B074CDV1H3

Some others are also good. Even her first one '5 lives remembered' (without ET stuff) from her early years of exploring and discovering past life regression in 1968 (!) is a good read.

Re

There is something I have trouble with. "Past" lives, "other" lives (non-linear reincarnation), and astral immortality. New age doctrine, if there is such a thing, sometimes seems to imply our sense individuality is eternal. This is not the case in ancient religions and esoteric practice. While our "higher self" or parent being from which we stem existed before our birth and will exist after our death (or second death), this doesn't seem to be the case for our individuality and our sense of self, which we have acquired during our time on Earth.

What I mean is that some people imply that we simply don't remember, but we have existed forever and will exist forever. While others imply what gave birth to us did exist, but us as individuals only developed after our body was mature enough to support our consciousness, and that without the support of the body as an energy source, our astral form will eventually dissolve and reintegrate with that being which gave birth to us, our sense of individuality gone. Ancient religions put a lot of effort in developing ways to overcome this.

Is there a way to reconcile these two views? Is the new age perspective simply "wrong"?
My humble OBE and LD diary:
http://reasinre.wordpress.com/

Nameless

Good question Re. The whole reincarnation thing leaves me feeling distinctly empty. Now this is just me speaking for myself. I often get the feeling that people are mistaking the consciousness highway for actual past lives of their own. But I think they are actually just tapping into that highway that contains all of our lives. We can do that and we know we can do that. We also know that tapping into that particular highway can lead to some very muddy experiences but also can lead to some experiences that are so clear they are as real as anything else we've encountered, which in turn could easily make us think it was our own past life. In simply terms I see it as just another form of channeling and in truth may never know how accurate or inaccurate this thought is.

To the second part of your last post, I don't think energy ever dies. It seems to just mutate or transform. For example, fresh fruit. Fresh fruit can be turned into fermented fruit which then can be turned into wine and go even further to be turned into vinegar and after all that it still isn't dead. Indeed not, can you guess what it will eventually turns into? I'll go ahead and tell but the answer is water. Water that is as alive as any water ever was and it can feed the fruit tree that bore the fruit in the first place (assuming the tree itself lived that long). But the question then is this, does the water even recognize the tree as having been a part of itself (a past life) and does the tree recognize the fruit now that it is only water?

One thing sure is that nothing in nature (that I am aware of) lives, dies and comes back as a whole new (whatever it was). It always transforms. I wonder if a butterfly knows it was caterpillar.

So to answer your question, I do think the new age perspective is wrong or at the very least it doesn't go far enough.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Volgerle

The way I see it is that this 'thing' - that 'real you' (let's call it Higher Self but there are other names and it's just a word) plays a game with an avatar each time in a virtual reality frame. Here the game is called 'human Earth life'.
:wink:

In a way you as incarnated mind/body complex are not your HS (that thing) but an avatar. The guy behind the computer is the 'thing' (HS). When one life game ends the person dies and does not come back by reincarnation.

Something lives on but I also cannot pinpoint how that stream of consciousness then works. No one really can.

I believe though the 'real' you is indeed different. But it is not less, it is MORE. We are all more. Robert Monroe (who called that 'thing' the Total Self or I There in his books) said that it has a 'different overview' completely.  So we as incarnated minds/egos/characters/avatars are just playing figures. That 'thing' is what then carries on. Buddhists say that it is a fire of a candle that is passe don then into the great fire.

I think that what we experience as past lifes is that stream of consciousness of that 'thing' and maybe drawn from its database or whatever. It is not the 'same person' but we can experience it as such by tapping into the stream of the 'thing' (HS).

I like Tom Campbell's view on this reincarnation and Higher Self thing which he calls 'IUOC- Individuated unit of consciousness':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4PuE-nXIEU

"The Real You and the Roles You Play Over Lifetimes

Who is the real you?

In Tom Campbell's Big TOE, or big theory of everything, acronyms are used to explain metaphors of us living and experiencing in this reality.

A FWAU, or free will awareness unit, is only a portion of our consciousness with unique qualities that includes the avatar, or body we inhabit (subjected to our DNA and environment)
This body/spirit unit experiences life here, makes choices, and evolves or de-evolves from those choices.

Is this who we are? Or is there more to it? Stay tuned for Tom's fascinating theory based on his observations, repeated experiments and documented research of over 50 years.

IUOC- Individuated unit of consciousness
LCS- The Larger Consciousness System (some might call God)"

tides2dust

Quote from: Nameless on July 08, 2022, 20:49:43
Good question Re. The whole reincarnation thing leaves me feeling distinctly empty. Now this is just me speaking for myself. I often get the feeling that people are mistaking the consciousness highway for actual past lives of their own. But I think they are actually just tapping into that highway that contains all of our lives. We can do that and we know we can do that. We also know that tapping into that particular highway can lead to some very muddy experiences but also can lead to some experiences that are so clear they are as real as anything else we've encountered, which in turn could easily make us think it was our own past life. In simply terms I see it as just another form of channeling and in truth may never know how accurate or inaccurate this thought is.

To the second part of your last post, I don't think energy ever dies. It seems to just mutate or transform. For example, fresh fruit. Fresh fruit can be turned into fermented fruit which then can be turned into wine and go even further to be turned into vinegar and after all that it still isn't dead. Indeed not, can you guess what it will eventually turns into? I'll go ahead and tell but the answer is water. Water that is as alive as any water ever was and it can feed the fruit tree that bore the fruit in the first place (assuming the tree itself lived that long). But the question then is this, does the water even recognize the tree as having been a part of itself (a past life) and does the tree recognize the fruit now that it is only water?

One thing sure is that nothing in nature (that I am aware of) lives, dies and comes back as a whole new (whatever it was). It always transforms. I wonder if a butterfly knows it was caterpillar.

So to answer your question, I do think the new age perspective is wrong or at the very least it doesn't go far enough.
This is very well said, and I am in complete agreement with where I find my self. As I started experiencing the One-ness of reality, I also started having experiences that would make me think- this must mean we have had past lives together! It wasn't until someone introduced the concept of, "nonordinary states of consciousness" that I could find solidity as my ideas towards reincarnation were changing. I have had instances where someone said something to me in a completely different voice than their own and flashes of "us" as children barefoot in red sand leaned up against a clay hut playing games, flooded my mind. I have met a crush in her most sacred meditation space by accident, only to confuse my desire for intimacy as having shared a past life with her. Even though very real and spiritual-type experiences were happening, it was my Ego that latched onto the visions and tried to create additional meaning from them. I used to think I was a fallen angel in a past life, but now I believe I was being shown that life for a reason- not that it was necessarily mine. It is and isn't... As much as this body is, and I am not just this body.

tides2dust

Thanks LightBeam, this is some tasty "mind candy" as Dolores says.  :-)

LightBeam

Everything in the multiverse is "truth". Everything exists and does not exist at the same time. Your current character exists for infinity, and it does not at the same time. All consciousness exists simultaneously as singular points and as a sum that is larger than its parts simultaneously in the timelessness and infinity of the multiverse. The only variable is every point of consciousness' focus. If a point of consciousness wants to observe the world though an atom's point of view, it can. If it wants to experience the world as a frog, it can. If it wants to experience it though a human being, alien, fairy, angel, hero, villain...yes it can. If it wishes to expand and experience all its probabilities and possibilities all at once, it can. If it wants to merge with ALL THAT IS, it becomes God... and it can.

Break the boundaries of ego and fears of losing your identity and you will be able to experience a much richer you than you can ever imagine. you ARE the multiverse. Don't think too little of yourself identifying only with a name and place of birth.
Captain Jack Sparrow