News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Nuclear War Starting On August 22? (Article)

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch

QuoteOur world is on the brink of another world war. It will originate August 22nd in the Middle East. The prediction was presented not by Vagna or Nostradamus but by an American political scientist Bernard Lewis in the acclaimed publication of Wall Street Journal. He is a man with close ties to the Bush administration as well as to the non-conservatives pushing for the radical solution of the "Iranian Threat."

Full Article: http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/conflicts/11-08-2006/83898-Nuclear_War-0

What do you think?  :-o

jub jub

I wouldn't be surprised! Lord knows the middle east is a freaking war waiting for a place to happen. But if war breaks out, so be it. Let's get it done and over with so we can go about living our lives without fear.

BTW, a dream I had the other night.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/index.php?topic=24198.0
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

interception

If this does indeed happen at any time in the future, I feel only a deep sadness and shame for humanity.

In the first nanosecond of the first nuclear detonation I keep imagining some alien sentinel watching us suddenly to retract its surveillance devices, label Earth a "They Probably Wont Ever Learn Zone" and then proceed to speed off into space...

BadCookie

Quote from: jub jub on August 18, 2006, 15:48:19
I wouldn't be surprised! Lord knows the middle east is a freaking war waiting for a place to happen. But if war breaks out, so be it. Let's get it done and over with so we can go about living our lives without fear.

BTW, a dream I had the other night.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/index.php?topic=24198.0
Live are lives without fear LOL the real Trorist is the goverment

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1788098500928248111&q=david+Icke&hl=en

The united states goverment was behind 911
"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Stillwater

well, fortunately this will be one of the most easily tested conspiracy theories ever ;)
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

thesickmoon

"Chair-swiveling is an old and honorable avocation for any accomplished and self-respecting villainous personage."
--Ronald D. Moore, March 12, 2005

WindGod

Eye predict that the big nuke war will not start on Aug 22, 2006.

Let's get together and talk about this on the 23rd.

WindGod has spoken!  :lol:

(cool political analysis though, I like the Pravda news site, thanks for the link)

@ BadCookie - Please don't buy into that 911 conspiracy theory trash. All those "Professors" have a hidden agenda. They teach this rubbish and deliberately spread false information only in an effort to manipulate impressionable gullible minds to create political opposition. That's all it is. They justify this unethical bevavior because they feel that anything they can say or do to get the demonicrates into power is worth it.
Even if it means supporting the enemies of the US and the destruction of the US government.

Are weather forcasters psychic?

thesickmoon

Quote from: WindGod on August 19, 2006, 12:37:34
Eye predict that the big nuke war will not start on Aug 22, 2006.

Let's get together and talk about this on the 23rd.

WindGod has spoken!  :lol:

(cool political analysis though, I like the Pravda news site, thanks for the link)

@ BadCookie - Please don't buy into that 911 conspiracy theory trash. All those "Professors" have a hidden agenda. They teach this rubbish and deliberately spread false information only in an effort to manipulate impressionable gullible minds to create political opposition. That's all it is. They justify this unethical bevavior because they feel that anything they can say or do to get the demonicrates into power is worth it.
Even if it means supporting the enemies of the US and the destruction of the US government.

You'd best prove that claim.
"Chair-swiveling is an old and honorable avocation for any accomplished and self-respecting villainous personage."

Doch

The ultimate global showdown is shaping up between The People's Republic of China and the US; what will ultimately be the global resource war to end global resource wars.

This is a good starting point for anyone interested:

http://www.321energy.com/editorials/winston/winston020905.html

QuoteUnrestricted War: China's Master Plan to Destroy America is a treatise for world domination written in 1999 by People's Liberation Army Colonels Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui. In order for China to become a dominant global power over the United States, the PLA emphasizes "The Final War over Resources", must be won.

malganis

China owns the debt of the US but its not in China's interest for US to economically collapse. Where would they sell their products then?
"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
wondering at Nasrudin's folly. "Because there is much more light here"

Doch

Quote from: malganis on August 20, 2006, 06:37:08
China owns the debt of the US but its not in China's interest for US to economically collapse. Where would they sell their products then?

Not knowing alot about economics I asked the same question. This is one of the responses I was given:

QuoteOK, ;let's assume China bails out of it's US denominated assets. Who gets clobbered?

#1. The United States. Because they depend so much on the Rest Of The World buying US dollars so they can then turn around and buy stuff (especially Oil) from the Rest Of The World, they are the most vulnerable, right now. It comes as no shock to hear that China holds the US in great contempt and would like to throw the US to the wolves;

#2. Japan, China's traditional enemy. The first biggest holder of US denominated assets is Japan. If they US currency tanks it, the Chinese get to watch Japan disappear beneath a sea of Red Ink.

But what happens to China? Won't it's reserves get hammered? Not really - because the Chinese Renmimbi Yuan is pegged to the value of 1/8th that of the US dollar (they recently allowed a revaluation from 1:8.00001 US dollars:Renmimbi Yuan to (gasp) 1:7.999998) as the US dollar falls, the Renmimbi yuan gets cheaper and cheaper and cheaper, until their exports are so...inexpensive, China will be the only place the US can acutally buy anything from.

At that point, it won't matter if the Chinese have lost most of their US denominated assets, because they will then be able to siphon what remains of the US assets off and the US will be powerless to prevent it. Indeed, they'll have to do it, as it will be their only option.

China might destroy an awful lot of it's US$818 billion worth of Foreign Reserves, but it's adding money to 'em at the rate of US$15 billion per month.

That means that if they lose the lot it'll take 54 months, or around 4 and a half years, to rebuild them. Getting the picture yet?

WalkerInTheWoods

Humans have been fighting each other since humans  came into existence. War is not news. War is the standard, norm. Now if there should be world peace on August 22 that would be news!
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Stillwater

Well, it's tomorrow, so as i said, it will not be difficult to glean the result, fortunately or unfortunately.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

James S

Well, it's late afternoon on the 22nd for me here now. I'll give it another 24 hours then let out a big sarcastic HA!

:-)
James.

thesickmoon

Quote from: James S on August 22, 2006, 03:43:10
Well, it's late afternoon on the 22nd for me here now. I'll give it another 24 hours then let out a big sarcastic HA!

James.

Go ahead and do it now.

paker7

Quote from: James S on August 22, 2006, 03:43:10
sarcastic HA!

Quote from: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=110Jerusalem, Israel
Jerusalem is the capital of Israel
The native name of Israel is Yisra'el
Most countries have their embassies in Tel Aviv. 
Current time Wednesday, 23 August 2006, 00:01:53

Commoners believe - winners KNOW !

James S

LOL!  :-D

Thanks parker7, that says it perfectly!!

What I don't get is why it always seems to be these prophecies of doom and destruction that keep cropping up.

Just for once I'd like to see some prophcey about something good going to happen, like a new revolutionary cheap global power source or cures for cancer are going to be discovered on some particular date.

That'd make a nice change.

thesickmoon

Quote from: James S on August 22, 2006, 21:30:49
LOL!  :-D

Thanks parker7, that says it perfectly!!

What I don't get is why it always seems to be these prophecies of doom and destruction that keep cropping up.

Just for once I'd like to see some prophcey about something good going to happen, like a new revolutionary cheap global power source or cures for cancer are going to be discovered on some particular date.

That'd make a nice change.

Well, it wasn't a prophecy. It was just some Neo-Con fearmongering-- that's all. But if one ever does go off in the US, it'll more than likely have been set off by our own government.

WalkerInTheWoods

I watched this show many years ago, I think it was around the time the movie Broken Arrow came out because that was what the show was about. It was talking about real 'broken arrows' which is a code name for when they lose nuclear weapons. They said at the time that where are something like 7 - 11 nuclear warheads that are on US soil, but they don't know where exactly they are. Makes you feel good don't it.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Sadd-e Eskandar

Yes it does.Since i'm not on American Soil. :-D

Sunn

Quote from: James S on August 22, 2006, 21:30:49

Just for once I'd like to see some prophcey about something good going to happen, like a new revolutionary cheap global power source

http://www.steorn.net/frontpage/default.aspx

MisterJingo

Quote from: Sunn on August 25, 2006, 09:37:48
http://www.steorn.net/frontpage/default.aspx

Thats not a prophecy though, they claim to have invented such a device ;).
A sort of prophecy is something called 'the singularity' which concerns the advent of AI soon outstripping the intellect of man, AIs being able to manufacture more intelligent AIs etc. This will supposedly see an explosion in technological advance in a very short space of time. Googling it brings up lots of info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

BadCookie

"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Nostic

Actually, for August alone, I've heard 5 separate dates when calamities were supposed to happen- the 1st, 3rd, 9th, 19th, and 22nd. It was so ridiculous that by the time the 22nd came around, I completely forgot about it. On the 23rd I thought to myself, um wasn't the world supposed to end yesterday?  :-D

At the same time though, I never take anything for granted. A million of these dates could be wrong. But only 1 of them needs to be right.

And BTW, I hear prophecies about peace all the time. How it usually goes though is that there will be some monumental calamity that humanity will have to face. And after we go through that, we will experience worldwide, lasting peace. The 2 (calamity and peace) are always connected.

Selski

Quote from: Nostic on August 26, 2006, 04:04:46
The 2 (calamity and peace) are always connected.

I guess that's because a lot of folks believe in balance.

So if there's a whole lot of "terribleness" it will have to be counteracted by a whole lot of "wonderfulness".  A bit like cause and effect I suppose.

I'm of the opinion that nature doesn't necessarily work in balance.  Why should it?  Who are we to say that it must follow certain rules and laws, those very same rules and laws that WE created for it?

I'm hopeful that "life" and "beyond" is totally chaotic and doesn't follow rules and laws and order.  That way ANYTHING could happen...  :-D

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.