The Military's Intelligence Assessment of The Monroe Institute's Program

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaza

While perusing another Forum that used to be more about OBEs and the such, but has since turned to a Conspiracy site, I came across this Gem. I am not going to name that Forum. But I will say thank you to Bill for the share there. The timing for me seeing this is very bizarre. I have been prompted via my Phase soak sessions to update my Doorway thread with some new info that is based on why now! After reading this fantastic article. I now see why now.
I will post my response to this at a later time. For now, I am curious what your view of this is or if anyone really even cares!  :| :?
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/20601195/6-full-report.pdf
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Erik

Hi Lumanza,

A fascinating read about using Hemi-Sync for intelligence purposes.
I think there is a lot of wisdom and experience included for a report from 1983.
e.g. He mentioned that there may be differences between RTZ en physical reality, a subject on this forum many times.
For spying purposes this might be an issue.

His problem was that it works fine but it takes a lot of time and perseverance to learn to reach an enhanced state. He was definitely looking for a shortcut to become in the state fast. To my surprise he didn't mention the use of some hallucinating agent for this purpose or the suggestion to experiment with it. While he did mention the Gateway in combination with other well known techniques.

A nice read from historical viewpoint, I am also fascinated by the remote view experiments and paranormal testing of intelligence services. It also gives a nice short explanation what hemi-sync is all about for beginners!

Regards,

Erik

Lumaza

Yes Erik, it is a fantastic read. There are many things that really stick out in his assessment. Although there were many others, this one paragraph here really caught my attention.

"This study is certainly not designed to be the last word on the subject but I hope that the validity of its basic structure and of the fundamental concepts upon which it is based will make it a useful guide for other USAINSCO.M personnel who are required to take the Gateway training or work with Gateway materials.".

It shows that they were indeed "serious" about this!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

T-Man

TMI has also posted this document in one of their links.  I received it since I am on their mailing list.  I have also found this to be a great read.  There seemed to be a lot more information on the different Gateway audio sessions which I really enjoyed.   :-)
The Adventure Continues...

Erik

I'm curious if they continued this study, maybe they're using it in secret!  :-D

omcasey

Hi, Lu..

Yeah this Doc has been making the rounds the past few months for sure!

We had a conversation about it over on my boards which you may also find to be of interest. I'll post this here for you and others with interest:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/omtalks/viewtopic.php?p=8457#p8457

The thread includes some other interesting and related links people might like looking into.

Casey

Lumaza

Quote from: omcasey on April 22, 2021, 22:31:47
Hi, Lu..

Yeah this Doc has been making the rounds the past few months for sure!

We had a conversation about it over on my boards which you may also find to be of interest. I'll post this here for you and others with interest:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/omtalks/viewtopic.php?p=8457#p8457

The thread includes some other interesting and related links people might like looking into.

Casey
Thanks for the share. I read that last night!  :-)

It was interesting to hear from some of those people that went and did the Monroe program at the Monroe Institute. They were saying that the Monroe Institute seemed to be getting away from what it was initially created for. It's good to get others opinions. I have never been there, but I know people that have. I guess that shouldn't surprise me though. In the beginning many people that come here to the Pulse for information are looking at OBE in the sense of "climbing out of the body", a actual "exit". After awhile many of those people seem to change over or "evolve", if you wish, to using more of "Phasing" approach to acquire non local states of consciousness.

omcasey

I think that may be a little different of an analogy than what Jay is alluding to over on my boards.. He feels not that there is a progression in the program, but that it in essence is no longer assisting with the experience of getting out at all. I, too, would be disappointed to go all that way and pay all that money to be assisted by people who are not even experienced in the OBE. I feel the sincerity of Bob Monroe, his passion and lifelong focus. There has to be this at the top, and in hands-on overseeing of events otherwise you just have a handful of rookies with 0-1 flights under their belt instructing those sitting at less than zero. Yeah that bird is not going to fly very far. Jay, btw, is a frequent flyer. He visits and supports TMI in love and respect for its originators. He feels the Institute, which he adores, has been infiltrated and made to come to this so as to be unproductive and inevitably fall away from view. The employed CV stuff only adds fuel to this fire. I do hope there are those in place who can revive it.

floriferous

I didn't read the whole article and am not sure if his name was in the document but I'm pretty sure this study was also carried out partly by Skip Atwater who at the time was in the military who would soon join TMI as the executive director for many years.

There is also something of a military thread running through its history with Joe McMoneagle who was the leading remote viewer for the military for a number of years. Joe also taught programs at TMI and is married to Bob Monroe daughter, Nancy.

In regard to the bad blood that is running through TMI now - this has to do with how TMI was divided after Bob died. Be clear there are two business entities, The Monroe Institute and Monroe Products. The latter has been seen as the bad blood becasue it owns the rights to hemi sync and every time a program is run TMI owes Monroe Products money. This explains why in the early 2000s that Skip Atwater (the then Director) created SAM technology for TMI. With this they could run programs and keep all the profits. You will notice more than ever that a lot of TMI programs use SAM not hemi sync. That is becasue TMI don't have have rights to their own technology anymore. This is my general understanding but I could be wrong about some details. I am not quite clear who owns Monroe Products. This seems hazy

Lumaza

I have seen this happen to many businesses. It's sad if this is the case with the Monroe Institute as well. Like I said, I have never been there, so I only know what this Jay has said. I always thought the SAM program was more of a progression. We see progression in all forms of technology. I don't know why it wouldn't be any different here either. Businesses will always try to update and improve their products. That's the law of the Jungle. Internal strife seems to come and go as well.

Casey, I meant the fact that Jay was talking about the Institute "supposedly" avoiding the conversation where a physical "exit, as in the exit symptoms, weren't really talked about and seemed to be somewhat ignored there. I thought that meant that they were focusing more on a "walkthrough/Phasing" approach to it all.

I found the Military assessment of the Monroe programs to be of great importance to aid in the understanding of what is happening in them. It actually describes why things in my Doorway thread work so well. It describes the mindset needed. It even describes the way the brain translates this all. The comparison to Hypnosis, Biometrics and Transcendental Meditation was spot on. I have always felt that Phasing was along the lines of a kind of self Hypnosis that helped us to access parts of our consciousness that stay dormant during our physical waking time.

floriferous

Quote from: Lumaza on April 23, 2021, 20:02:51

I meant the fact that Jay was talking about the Institute "supposedly" avoiding the conversation where a physical "exit, as in the exit symptoms, weren't really talked about and seemed to be somewhat ignored there. I thought that meant that they were focusing more on a "walkthrough/Phasing" approach to it all.

In my experience I would say they don't avoid talking about physical exits but they don't actively talk about them either because they don't want to frontload your experiences when you go there. They are more than willing to discuss if you ask. Their flagship programs are  offered with little dogma at all. During exercises you are encouraged not to limit yourself to just lying in your CHEC unit being as still as possible. Some people do it with eyes open, sitting up, journaling as their experiences unfold etc...

They also have specific OBE programs with Bill Buhlman if you want to focus specifically on things like physical exits.

Lumaza

Quote from: floriferous on April 23, 2021, 22:40:16
In my experience I would say they don't avoid talking about physical exits but they don't actively talk about them either because they don't want to frontload your experiences when you go there. They are more than willing to discuss if you ask.
That makes prefect sense to me!  :wink:

Jay seemed to take more of a "conspiracy" based approach to his conversation. That had to do with the link to "CIA" and other 3 letter organizations of note. He felt that they were omitting the actual process of a full body exit on purpose due to wanting to keep that info to themselves, for reasons of 'National Security". At least that's what I got from his conversation over at Casey's Forum.

GrumpyRabbit

Really interesting threat, ya'll. I am also curious if there's still any thing any branch of the military is doing w/r/t OBEs and whathaveyou. Doubt they'd tell us if they were!

But, along the lines of the 'conspiracy' this Jay person thinks: if TMI were purposefully trying to not publicly teach "exiting" because the military said not to, wouldn't there be some kinda governmental crackdown on public forums like the Pulse? There are so many places people can learn how to do it, and I'd wager TMI is just a teeny tiny fraction of a sliver of where people go to learn. Most get books and read about it online. Intentionally "shutting down" the "exit education" of TMI would be like the least efficient way to keep that information from the masses! LOL

EscapeVelocity

Like Lumaza and Erik said, I think the military assessment is quite good and instructive on many points, yet also displays a common problem with people analyzing what we do in the Non-Physical Realms: they only have a Physical-Reality mindset to interpret what we do. Now visiting various Realities, heavens and hells and badlands, performing retrievals and visiting deceased friends, visiting Focus 27 and the afterlife, trying to learn and understand the life/death cycle...probably not much there for the military or intelligence services to make use of for their immediate purposes.

With that said I will offer some of my own perspective on The Monroe Institute and my own opinions on some questions raised in omcasey's forum. First, I agree with floriferous' characterizations of the schism within the organization and his answers in his last post. And like Lumaza wrote, organizations evolve and change over time, not always with our understanding nor our agreement. I've been to 4 weeklong workshops now and enjoyed every one of them immensely and would absolutely recommend them. They are intense and challenging but I was not always as successful as I had hoped going in. But one of their tried and true axioms is- You may not get what you wanted or expected, but you will get what you need. The energy of the campus is high, clean and calm. The staff is friendly and the 5 Facilitators I had were excellent people and all very talented each in their own specialty. I did not ask each about his or her individual OBE talent, but two were obviously brilliant and all generally very knowledgeable; it seems like they have heard every kind of experience and can give good, solid advice on nearly any specific topic. My 'veggie-chopper' exp is just one example.

The initial Gateway Program is like a buffet that touches on many, many different aspects of psychic and NP experiences (including the Classic OBE), the central theme being consciousness expansion and with a normally full class of 24 people you are going to get lots of hits and misses on different experiences by different people. TMI strictly avoids pushing any dogmatic approach, as floriferous said, so that there is no 'front-loading' and everyone can be as open to the experience as it unfolds. Some may criticize this to a degree but it's what they have worked out over forty years and it works pretty well, IMO. Specific and more personal questions can be asked in private or at the many breakfasts/lunches/dinners with the Facilitators and in this way I cleared up many small points of confusion for myself.

Here is one-  Focus 10/MABA
When I tried learning to move into Focus 10/Mind Awake Body Asleep first from the Hemi Sync tapes (1995), then the CD's (2005), I could never achieve satisfactory results of what I was expecting; never achieved an OBE that way. At Gateway, I encountered the same problem so I quizzed a Facilitator and he explained that each Focus level is just a reference, there is no hard and fast target that says 'I've achieved F10!'...instead he suggested I think of it as reaching a low F10 state or a higher F10 state, but once I felt generally relaxed just go with it and do the exercise from there as best I can. That advice helped but it wasn't until I returned for the weeklong Lifeline course and we were moving into much higher Focus levels such as F22, 23,24,25,26 and 27 (the Park). It took me three days of six or seven sessions a day but I got there and actually connected with Helpers and began doing Retrievals. By this time I was realizing how I could be in a high state or low state of any level depending on many factors. Sometimes my vision and experience were crystal clear and other times I was almost blind searching through energies or even completely in the dark.

Sleep Paralysis- In Casey's forum the question was raised about it being necessary to feel physical paralysis or catalepsy in the Focus 10 or MABA state. My answer is no and no one at TMI ever mentioned it. My guess is that first, SP happens for me when I come aware from a dream state ending, meaning I've already been asleep. Moving into the F10/MABA state is done from the waking state. Also, I think it is plausible to suppose that the asleep state provokes the physiological response of catalepsy whereas consciously entering the F10/MABA state avoids this.

After 4 weeks at TMI I'm still no good at getting into what I feel should be a proper F10 state but it doesn't stop me from my experiences. I've asked many other students there, some can do it easily and some struggle like I do. Same with the higher Focus levels.

Another question related to moving into F10 and getting up physically and walking around. Yes, to see if you can maintain the state and how your perceptions may differ. Interestingly, later courses invite you to move into the higher (F27) states and in the middle of a session, sit up, turn on the light and make some notes. I was initially very reluctant to try this for fear of 'breaking the state', but once I did I found it surprisingly easy! I guess that it could be argued this is teaching us to bi-locate or at the very least understand dual consciousness.

The Classic OBE versus Phasing-
I realize now that as a child I was doing forms of both: Floating up out of my body like a ghost in the Classic fashion, and also various forms of Phasing such as WILDs and DILDs and endless variations. If I read correctly, Jay in the other forum only speaks of the Classic form and was disappointed that TMI did not stress methods specifically to recognize or achieve that state. It does happen but not for everyone, nor in the same way. Again, I think TMI wants to leave the experience as open as possible to what people will discover on their own. Now initially like Jay, I criticized this system as 'too open' and 'everyone finds their own truth' kind of pointlessness. I still partially agree with that criticism but after speaking with now several Facilitators, I realize that over forty years TMI has tried these various ways, considered these questions and through the Institute's evolution, found this to be the best direction.
   And just like Monroe naturally discovered himself, his experiences moved from the Classic OBE to what he called the 'Quick Switch Method' or what we now generally refer to as Phasing. TMI pushes not even this as dogma but leaves it to the students to naturally discover for themselves at their own pace. Maybe part of this purpose is so that the Facilitators stay open themselves, to possible new experiences or new information or insights that a participant may bring forward. TMI is there to continue learning as well.

The shift from the Classic OBE to Phasing obviously confuses people who have yet to experience it. Multiple energy bodies, are we not actually exiting, is it actually a movement inward into Consciousness? These are incredibly subtle and nuanced questions, but the issue does cause some confusion and outright friction. I think that TMI no doubt recognizes this and it's one more reason they stay away from the discussion, because it can just bog the whole program down into useless confusion. This fact was sort of crystalized for me when I went to Gateway. Out of 24 participants, I figured all 24 were expecting an OBE, but I guess I was wrong by maybe half. Very few talked about it and I realized they may have known of the idea theoretically but had not experienced it. So they had few reference points for what to expect much less what to look for in the sessions.
    By example, one lady and I had quickly become friends with during one of the first lunches; she had only recently began discovering her psychic abilities and was deeply interested in channeling, nothing to do with OBE. When we did the first OBE exercise and made our first attempt, I just lay there in the CHEC unit and got nothing, zip, zero, nada. After the session was lunch and she grabbed me by the arm and exclaimed at her wonderment of what had just happened! She had experienced her first OBE in what sounded like the Classical form: exited her body and floated around the campus in a state of fascination. Congratulations, I said (only slightly envious, lol). But I don't understand she said, I thought you were supposed to float out of your body like a spirit? Instead, I floated out of the top of my head like a wisp of smoke! I held her hand and said C-, as far as I understand, you just floated out of your Crown Chakra and that may be the best way you can come out. Nicely done! She didn't understand right then about Chakras or locations but she was so happy! I could sense her talent and I know she will be a powerhouse some day.

What Facilitators are still at TMI from the early days-
  Besides Joe Mcconeagle who guest lectures there from time to time and is a great guy, Joe Gallenberger is the longest serving and then there is Monroe's daughter Penny, and Franceen King, who developed the wonderful X27 course and was working with Bob up to his passing in 1995 on the Starlines program which was my last course SL1, when they closed for the pandemic. I was fortunate enough to have all three as Facilitators and they have my highest respect, as do the two others Paul Elder and Fred Rible who are incredibly talented and all wonderful souls.

A Related Sidenote-
  So by the time I was two days into my second course at TMI, Lifeline, I was getting very little and felt hopelessly unprepared for the next day as we were going to further explore Focus 27. Something I didn't fully realize until some kind fellow traveller explained it to me during my third program was that for many participants it can take the first two or three days to literally get your frequency up to the right level where you can cognitively operate, to get up to speed, as it were. Also this can force you to improvise and find a new way to get there, which many of us know is another method the NP utilizes. Adapt, improvise, overcome. So I did- Years before I had bought two of Bruce Moen's books from his Afterlife Series. I had quit reading halfway through the second book because I disliked and doubted his technique of Phasing which I forget if it has a specific name, but is basically described as 'priming the pump' or better, 'fake it 'til you make it'. Simply put, if you are getting nowhere then just start an imaginative visualization of arriving at your destination or starting a conversation with a NP individual, the idea being that the actual event would soon manifest itself...I didn't like that, it felt too artificial, too phony, it did not feel like how it should occur. I mistrusted that.
  Well, here I was starting Day 3 and little to show for it and now expected to move to Focus 27 and seek out a Guide for a Retrieval. So I gave it a try and imagined doing it, flying upward to 27 and to my 'special place', my seaside retreat, then shooting over to the Park and seeking a Guide. Guess what? It worked! Quicker than I hoped, the visualization took on a life of it's own and I was standing in the Park plain as day with a helper smiling at me asking why I was there. I said that I was there to do a retrieval and he looked me up and down, then asked shouldn't I have a Guide? Fumbling for an answer I said it truthfully, maybe I don't need one. Can I go anyway? He considered for a moment and then said yes. And I was off to a Retrieval and another absolutely confirming experience that left me nearly speechless and very emotional to the transcendent qualities of what can be experienced under the right conditions. But it had taken work and effort.
   Needless to say, I had a new appreciation for Bruce Moen and his books. Bruce's later books went on to include his experiences at TMI doing the first of Franceen King's newly developed Starlines courses and although my own experience was not to the extent of theirs, I think that I can generally attest to them. Absolutely incredible stuff! Cruising the Universe, stars and planets, black holes and communicating with ET's. My whole Starlines group is ready to sign up for SL2 when they reopen.

EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Nameless

Wow, what a great conversation this has turned out to be. Much as I would like to contribute some profound insight here it is beyond me to do so at this time. I never studied all these different methods or even heard of most of these people till joining here, meaning most of my experiences are quite organic. So I view this conversation through the eyes of an experienced yet clueless traveler. Was that by design? Perhaps.

But I am learning and it's conversations like this that refine my own thinking and attitudes. Of course I do have the benefit of being on the forum a few years now, lol. Would that my mind could contain these names and easily correlate who's who and how they fit in. So while I can't really speak here I just want you all to know how valuable your input is.

But one thought. Conspiracy theories are born of misunderstandings. Conspiracies themselves are born from those theories.

Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on April 24, 2021, 11:37:50
But one thought. Conspiracy theories are born of misunderstandings. Conspiracies themselves are born from those theories.
Conspiracy theories normally have a "semblance" of truth to them too. They just seem to become over exaggerated, overdone and a lot of times misunderstood or misread.

if there was any secret or covert operations born on the use of Hemi-sync or any other Monroe programs, we would likely become privy to it in about 30 years. That seems to be how it goes. We see evidence of that still today!

Nameless

Correct Lu. I wasn't thinking so much of Monroe as conspiracies in general. A good conspiracy theory has often been used to cover an actual conspiracy rather than the other way around. But I don't want to derail the conversation you all have going here.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

omcasey

Yes there are very real conspiracy theories.. They are only named a 'conspiracy' until the truth of the matter fully comes out. And, even then, there are always those who will continue to believe a thing a conspiracy theory ( rather than the truth which has come out. Welcome to 3D reality-land. lol Anyway.....I appreciate everyone's thoughts, and posts, EV, that was really well drafted and expressed. The thing I find it best to remember is that ours is a duality system. There is the dark and the light. Always in play. Some people just more readily allow a larger portion of their attention to penetrate what "the other side" is up to. I would agree that Jay is such a person. And that these people are very necessary to us to help insure everything stays in check. It is easy to get lazy, complacent about what we feel we ourselves do not have time for. Due to the way we like to pattern our own attention. It all works out to a beneficial balance for us all when we remain open and all inclusive. Which is the work of the current day, eh? Taking the full picture in all at once so we see what really do have. Where we really collectively are.

I am working through a migraine today so I will leave off here.

Love all around.

GrumpyRabbit

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on April 24, 2021, 01:32:59

moving into much higher Focus levels such as F22, 23,24,25,26 and 27 (the Park).

Wow, what a cool conversation. I've tried a few times to understand what the Focus levels are about and how to differentiate between them but can't really wrap my head around it. Pretty quickly I decided that was one conversation I was going to sit out!

I recently re-read Monroe's first book, Journeys Out of the Body, and toward the end of the book he talks about how his NP experiences, and how it all physically felt for his body, changed over the years. He divided it into three stages, I think - the early years, middle, and later (of course, "later" years was still relatively early if you consider this was only his first book!). It was pretty spiffy to go back and read his book again after almost a year of having OBEs myself. I could see some similarity in that natural (or at least unintentional) shift from "classic" exit to phasing. I gotta admit, tho, I really wish the classic exits would come back for me! The shift happened pretty fast and I just wasn't ready to say goodbye to those experiences yet. Been trying to get them back but no dice yet.

The TMI courses sound really amazing. Altho pricey, not for the faint of pocketbook! Maybe one day =) I kinda like that they don't "prime" you to expect certain things, that way, if those things happen to you it's easier to accept that they're "really happening" and not just the power of suggestion.

Lumaza

Here's something I recently found that was interesting. I don't know if they have info at the Monroe Institute on this. This is a Patent that Robert Monroe filed years ago pertaining to a device to stimulate non physical states of consciousness.
http://www.google.com/patents/US5356368

T-Man

I came across 'The Why Files' and they had an episode about the Gateway Process and the Military Report. 

https://youtu.be/Wly9_qN-jZ0

A nice little summary of the military report, consciousness, the holographic universe, etc.

tides2dust

Quote from: T-Man on May 06, 2023, 01:55:07
I came across 'The Why Files' and they had an episode about the Gateway Process and the Military Report. 

A nice little summary of the military report, consciousness, the holographic universe, etc.

Thank you T-Man!

I had the privilege of recently being introduced to the YT channel thanks to Casey. I really like this guys work. I'll have to read through this thread, but am commenting specifically on whats quoted for now. I wonder if this is the same technique as taught by Steven Greer.

Anyways, you've inspired me to put on some headphones and jump back into things. I can try the gateway process. Stuck at home for now, it's a perfect opportunity.

Lumaza

Quote from: T-Man on May 06, 2023, 01:55:07

Thanks for the share, T-Man. It's good to see you back!

After i watched that great video, I went to see what other videos this guy had made. They could do without the animated fish though. I found a number of them that peaked my interest. One in particular that I did watch there pertained to the "Ark of Covenant". It kind of affirmed my own beliefs on the topic.

Last year I had an incredible LD showing me that the Ark will not be found until mankind can understand and "respect" it's purpose. I was shown that news of the discovery would indeed bring the World powers to arms. That's because whoever found it would be so far ahead of everyone else and also could "wield" it however they wished. That would put fear into any other of the World's leaders. Fear creates panic. It also can lead to war!

T-Man

I think the video would have been better without the hecklefish!

There were other videos that caught my eye as well.  The Ark of the Covenant was definitely one of them.  I've watched a few shows on tv for the search of the Ark.  I agree that humanity is not ready for this find!

Look forward to checking more of these videos out!

T-Man

Quote from: tides2dust on May 06, 2023, 16:38:51
Thank you T-Man!

I had the privilege of recently being introduced to the YT channel thanks to Casey. I really like this guys work. I'll have to read through this thread, but am commenting specifically on whats quoted for now. I wonder if this is the same technique as taught by Steven Greer.

Anyways, you've inspired me to put on some headphones and jump back into things. I can try the gateway process. Stuck at home for now, it's a perfect opportunity.

Tides,

It's been awhile since I've been through this thread.  I see that Casey has a video on her site related to the topic as well.  I will definitely go and watch it. 

Every time I go back to listen to the Gateway tapes I find that the process of altered states really sucks the energy from me.