News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

This is amazing Meteorite hits Russia

Previous topic - Next topic

Astralzombie

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Stillwater

That is pretty damn remarkable.

I am glad there aren't any reported deaths considering there were injuries.

Truly a powerful event, thanks for posting the link!
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Astralzombie

I know it's very naive but I wish I could see something like this. I read a twitter post from a local there and he said the explosions reminded him of bomb blasts which is an experience I hope to live without ever having to endure. I hope the best for those injured. So far, there have only been three reports of critical injurues and all were from exploding glass.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Szaxx

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bedeekin

HAha... well. I don't think we need to worry about the meteor heading over our heads tonight.

Quote from: its_all_bad on February 15, 2013, 08:04:08
I know it's very naive but I wish I could see something like this. I read a twitter post from a local there and he said the explosions reminded him of bomb blasts which is an experience I hope to live without ever having to endure. I hope the best for those injured. So far, there have only been three reports of critical injurues and all were from exploding glass.

I am the same. I would love to have seen this. The interesting thing is that it's the aerial blast that does the damage not the impact... which was probably smaller than a pebble. They say that bits of debris were falling all over the place. I would have been there collecting the bits up... I mean.. these are all the way from space. How cool.

newmethod

I saw Asteroid 2012 DA14 was going to pass very close to Earth and within the orbit of some satellites on the news. News reporter said there was zero chance it would crash into the Earth. From NASA: http://www.space.com/14810-asteroid-earth-impact-risk-2012da14.html

EDIT: Fortunately as predicted the DA14 asteroid didn't crash into Earth. Seems it was a meteor of lesser size. Coincidental that the same day DA14 passed the meteor hit the Earth?

@Szaxx from reports here:http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/15/world/europe/russia-meteor-shower/index.html
it seems 1000 were injured and about 200 of those children.. though from reports most were not serious.

Amazing footage but bad news to hear.

ChopstickFox

I heard that the little space bits all disintegrated... Or ended up in a lake or something. But wouldn't it be so cool to be able to find them? :3
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Mr.Flip

lol someone there thought the mayans were right
(!)Spark it up

astralnaut1

amazing yet it is sad that many people experienced injuries because of this
mental layer by layer combat sux

ChopstickFox

Someone also thought America was testing a new weapon. @_@
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Bedeekin

Mr.Flip

(!)Spark it up

AstralCody

And now we wait for another doomsday date. xD

All joking aside, I hope everyone is alright. :? That thing had some velocity to it... Incredible footage.

Szaxx

Watch the skies. You'll see later in the year. I still think this one isn't finished... Not enough orange, if that makes sense.

Stillwater

QuoteNot enough orange, if that makes sense.

No... it doesn't.  :wink:

Not in a way I can perceive at least.

newmethod

Quote from: Szaxx on February 16, 2013, 08:06:32
Watch the skies. You'll see later in the year. I still think this one isn't finished... Not enough orange, if that makes sense.
Quote from: Stillwater on February 17, 2013, 05:18:36
No... it doesn't.  :wink:

Not in a way I can perceive at least.

Nor I.
Do tell?

Szaxx

Same here. The colour orange or a sandy look.
Meh, Time will tell. It's significant probably symbolic. That makes it open to mis-interpretation.
When I KNOW thats a totally different kettle of fish.

Just a dream (NM yes) had bits of both. It will happen and this one seemingly was the pilots viewpoint, what was on his mind to make the decision. Typically fear plays in this. 
The smoke trail happened near Gatwick airport, I've worked there too maybe the reason it was connected.
I don't normally say much to anyone about this. A few basics and watch the news a week later. The Pulse is awesome, I could say something directly and nothing occur, look the idiot competition winner, but going around the issue and waiting for whatever to occur seems a better option.
None have failed. They always happen in some way...

Szaxx

Stillwater

Well, meteorites are believed to be the only known source of iridium metal on earth, which is needed for things like industrial crucibles due to its extremely high density and boiling point (4300 C or so), and iridium is straw-colored... so maybe.

Stillwater

The media has actually upgraded the estimated size of the Russian Meteorite from a under a ton to 10,000 tons.

For comparison, the DA14 asteroid that was expected to cross our path the same day is 130,000 tons, so we were hit by an object in the same class of magnitude, lol.

Szaxx

They can stay up there. I don'treally want any landing on my head. Lol.
Iridium is silvery white in appearance. It's in meteorites as it bonds well with iron.
I can only guess that the Earths original quotient is attached to the cores iron.

newmethod

Quote from: Stillwater on February 20, 2013, 02:45:15
The media has actually upgraded the estimated size of the Russian Meteorite from a under a ton to 10,000 tons.

For comparison, the DA14 asteroid that was expected to cross our path the same day is 130,000 tons, so we were hit by an object in the same class of magnitude, lol.

Edited my earlier post. Sorry. Skimmed parts of the news article the day i posted and read incorrectly it merely mentioned DA14 in the same article. Apologies. Definitely wasn't DA14 that crashed in Russia.

Seems the closest 2012 DA14 got was within 27,700 kilometers (17,000 miles) above the Earth.

Stillwater

Yeah that would make sense... I would imagine all the denser things are probably packed in the core... that is probably where all the gold and other precious metals are...

Szaxx

I've just clicked on the part where the 17 year old said he'd been watching it for days.
This DA14 would definately have been watched.
Crazy details I'd have missed completely.