News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Toxic Life

Previous topic - Next topic

G3MM4

YUMMY! Chemicals. Can barely avoid them nowadays. Luckily I live in a clean area where you find fewer chemicals. Pity I don't wash my fruit/veg on the rare occasions I eat them. They taste the same unwashed as they do washed. [^][:D][:P]
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Dr. Wayne  W. Dyer

Please visit Astral Planet.

astralpwka

Geez, I feel so... dirty now... Following this Londoner's day, I've already completed the same morning... ugh...

G3MM4

I must say I don't understand anyone who would eat anything from McDonalds... at any time. Their food is disgusting.

Much better to have a nice bacon sarnie like I did for breakfast.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Dr. Wayne  W. Dyer

Eol007

quote:
Originally posted by G3MM4

I must say I don't understand anyone who would eat anything from McDonalds... at any time. Their food is disgusting.

Much better to have a nice bacon sarnie like I did for breakfast.

Gemma,

Time to go Vegi one thinks and see the light (with respect to freedom of choice): -

http://www.themeatrix.com/

Stephen [;)]

G3MM4

No way, I love my chicken, ham and bacon. I don't eat other meat really. White meat, such as chicken is good for you IMO.

Nagual

"Real" healthy chicken, yes.
"Weird" chicken full of antibiotics/hormones/drugs/chemicals... I don't think so.
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Eol007

'A peek into the toxic life of an average Londoner' - funny yet scary article.

http://www.bionatural.com.au/?staticID=The_Toxic_Life

Regards,

Stephen [:)]

G3MM4

I don't really care which chicken it is, they all taste the same to me.  :P

CaCoDeMoN

The article is funny, but it scares me when I think that it's true... In my town tap water is healthy, without chlorine/fluoride/other harmful substances, but for people living in Warsaw and other big cities even a bath in tap water can be harmful, let alone drinking it. Bottled Water is not really better, I remember that there was an affair with mineral water produced by Coca Cola.
I don't have problem with pesticides in food, most of vegetables/fruits that I eat are grown on my farm.
G3MM4:
If you like eating chicken so much, then you should try killing chicken by yourself. When I was 8 years old I've seen my grandmother cutting off a head of chicken. It flapped it's wings for about 1 minute, although it's head was lying on ground already. Pig's death is even more cruel. This is the reason why I am a vegetarian. There are about 20 chickens on our farm, but they are here only for eggs.
MEAT=MURDER.

clandestino

Hi Stephen ! I'm afraid I don't believe that all these "toxins" are as harmful as some people make out... I respect Tina Andersen, BSc Psychology, Naturopathic Consultant....but to be honest I don't respect the qualifications after her name !  :wink:  (hope she isn't reading this...)

My rant begins....

Quotefluoride, lead, aluminium, nitrates, traces of radioactive iodine, steroids, oral contraceptives and antibiotics (found in the tap water).

Ok, the drugs may be missing - but all the other chemicals are found in "natural" water too......Bottled water is a great way to make profit, as long as the public believe it is healthy. One inkling that it isn't, & they'll hot-foot it out of that bottled water store in seconds (coca cola's launch of Dasani in the UK springs to mind here...what a disaster. Yet, it contained far less of these awful chemicals than most other bottled waters....the fickle public, eh?!)

QuoteDon't forget the lathering of the body with formaldehyde and phenol of course.

I'm glad I don't use the same products as Tina, that's all I can say. Otherwise I would have cancer within 3 months & my skin would be transparent !

Quoteto buy your breakfast - the healthy option from Mc D. Well it does contain eggs... somewhere, however, they have been fried with hydrogenated fats causing a good deal of free radical damage in the body!

I'm afraid this part gets my goat over all the others. Yes, I worked in the golden arches, 10 years ago, part time during school holidays. The eggs are fresh eggs scrambled or poached on a clean grill. The cheese is cheddar cheese, the muffins are ...muffins (?) & the bacon is ...well, ok, its only recently they have started using real bacon.

The widespread contempt for McDonalds & other large corporations is IMO simply a consequence of their success. Good or bad, large corporations have to deal with the public's David & Goliath complex every day....Bill Gates charitable donations spring to mind here. The poor guy can't do anything right !

QuoteThis sandwich, however, contains a lot more than you bargained for including bleach in the bread and Organochlorine insecticides, Anticholinesterase insecticides, Pyrethroid insecticides, and Polychlorinated Biphenyls in the meat and dairy.

Slightly biased in my opinion.... baffle me with a few names of the chemical compounds found in a green salad leaf, & couch it in negative terms, then we'll call it quits !

Quotethe fact that CFC's are being produced is hardly noticeable although you do feel quite drained towards the end of the day you blame that on the milk that looked a bit off.

Not so noticeable, is the fact that "global warming" and patterns of the earth's climactic change have only been measured accurately for the last 30 years or so. You don't have to have a Phd in Stats to realise that this is a very small sample size. A prominent voice against the hypotheses of global warming &  the greenhouse effect ? David Bellamy. (one for the Brits).

Quoteor is it just that addictive substance called Mono sodium glutamate that keeps you going back for more?

Tina's scraping the bottom of the barrel & making things up now....

I would continue, but I'm being kicked out of my girlfriend's brother's room now....so please consider my rant over ! Now, I'm just going to have a shower in my contaminated tap water, cover myself in deadly chemicals then go to sleep.... I hope my internal organs can cope with the salad & pie that I had for dinner whilst I'm dreaming, I want to live till I'm 30 !!!
:D

Kind regards,
Mark
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

G3MM4

QuoteG3MM4:
If you like eating chicken so much, then you should try killing chicken by yourself. When I was 8 years old I've seen my grandmother cutting off a head of chicken. It flapped it's wings for about 1 minute, although it's head was lying on ground already. Pig's death is even more cruel. This is the reason why I am a vegetarian. There are about 20 chickens on our farm, but they are here only for eggs.

I am aware of how cruel it can be, my grand dad used to castrate pigs as part of his job. He used to slaughter animals. My gran when she was a child would be made to skin rabbits daily for dinner. What you need to know is that my family was born and raised on farms and farming, including slaughter for generations. It is part of every day life for us. That's why it doesn't bother me, I'm used to it.

CaCoDeMoN

I live on farm too, I've seen many slaughterings, but i don't think it's an excuse. If you are older than 17 years, you probably don't really need so much proteins, and you eat meat just for a pleasure. When my country was occupied by Germans on WWII, Nazi SS officers loved to shot Jewish people for fun. I hope you understand analogy...
MEAT=MURDER.

G3MM4

I don't eat meat for fun, I eat it because it's good for me. We all need proteins and other vitamins/minerals no matter how old we are. Meat doesn't just have proteins, it has other componds in it that are necessary. I'll post more information on it as soon as I get the chance to find out what other compounds there are in meat.

You've made another mistake, you've compared slaughtering animals to what the Nazis did. No one slaughters animals as part of their job for fun, they do it because it's necessary. The Nazis killed for fun, not because it was necessary. You see the difference?

CaCoDeMoN

Human body needs 20 kinds of amino acides that proteins are made of (hydrocarbons with organic acid function group and nitric function group...), and there are only 14 kinds of them available in vegetables/fruits, and all 20 available in meat/soy. There ale also many kinds of vitamins, elements like calcium, and nothing more.
About Nazis: I was wrong, but why can't you get all required substances from milk/eggs/soy instead of meat?
MEAT=MURDER.

G3MM4

Because not everyone can handle living on just fruit/veg/soy. I ought to know, I was a veggie for 2 years, and it made me realise that I didn't enjoy living on that kind of diet. That's why I went back to meat. Actually, that's not the only reason. A few years ago I had severe problems with swallowing, and meat was difficult to swallow, so I ended up being a veggie for about 2 years because that was all I could eat. During these 2 years I craved for meat but I couldn't eat it because of my throat. When my swallowing problem cleared up eventually, that's when I went back to meat. I'd never want to be a veggie again because I didn't like many of the veggie dishes and I like meat. It's as simple as that. There's no reason whatsoever for not eating meat, it boils down to preference. As for nutrition, it's well known that a lot of veggies miss out on some vitamins and whatever, a lot of veggies who I personally know have to take some form of supplement. Now, not all veggies are like that, but it does happen. I would much rather eat what I eat than be a veggie who relies on supplements. The other fact is that humans are carnivores by nature. We're not herbivores by nature, being a veggie also boils down to preference. Believe you me, if you was starving, you wouldn't care what was put in front of you, you'd eat a flaming horse! That's my last word on the subject!

CaCoDeMoN

You are right, if I WOULD be starving, but I am not, and I have a choice, so why should make animals suffer? It's your decision, what's more important for you...
And humans are NOT carnivores - we don't have claws, sharp teeth, etc. We even have digestion system designed to take nearly everything - meat, fruits, vegetables, etc. So we are omnivores, like apes :wink: . If this did not convince you, then feed a dog with an apple, and see how it will digest it. I am sure it will be funny  :)
MEAT=MURDER.

kmD

i recently made the switch to beign a vegan. no animal by-products at all. I feel better than I have in a long time. Before I made the switch, I talked to a nutritionist I know who helped me with the foods I would need to eat to replace protiens and so forth.
Mostly, the big difference has been thinking and planning before I am eating. It used to be, I wanted it, Id grab it and eat. No thought process at all.
Now, I have to plan meals, snacks, and whatever because of preparation time.
I think it was Don Juan in a Castanada book who said something to the effect, "Always be aware of what you are doing", and I wasnt doiing that with eating before.

CaCoDeMoN

You are right, KmD, people should be more careful with what they are eating/drinking. What do you eat to supply your body with required proteins?
MEAT=MURDER.

G3MM4

Quote from: CaCoDeMoNYou are right, if I WOULD be starving, but I am not, and I have a choice, so why should make animals suffer? It's your decision, what's more important for you...
And humans are NOT carnivores - we don't have claws, sharp teeth, etc. We even have digestion system designed to take nearly everything - meat, fruits, vegetables, etc. So we are omnivores, like apes :wink: . If this did not convince you, then feed a dog with an apple, and see how it will digest it. I am sure it will be funny  :)

LOL my cat loves apples and many other things. OK We're omivores. BTW you don't need to have claws and sharp teeth to be carnivores. I never actually said you was starving, just that if you were, then you wouldn't be so fussy.  Yes you have a choice, and so do I. Let's just leave it at that shall we?  :wink:

G3MM4

QuoteNow, I have to plan meals, snacks, and whatever because of preparation time.

Sounds rather tedious to me. But that's just my opinion. If you enjoy that sort of thing then go for it. :)