News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

why didnt they read him his rights?

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Flip

He is a legal US citizen

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/20/17832252-whats-next-the-interrogation-of-the-boston-bombing-suspect?lite
http://www.wlsam.com/common/more.php?m=58&ts=1366444201&article=55772009A95611E286DEFEFDADE6840A&mode=2

and this article at the ends says something interesting the last several lines

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-overnight/index.html?hpt=us_t3

and this article in the last several llnes

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/20/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=us_c1

hmmm they must really not want him to pull anything harsh
but this one is important we have the first modern terrorist case with evidence against him via twitter, youtube, and even blogs like these
(!)Spark it up

Astralzombie

They're evoking some sort of public safety clause that says there is substantial evidence that establishes guilt and intent to do more harm and the suspect must be interrogated as quickly as possible. This clause also allows for the punks statements to be used against him even though he was not mirandized.

While I do agree, this is more evidence that the US is eroding and the punks are winning. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would think that the gov will use this to come up with more emergency actions to take our rights by exploiting our fears.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Mr.Flip

there is no reason period not to read you your rights (its SACRED) he should be treated like any other individual and not get some special exception
(!)Spark it up

Stillwater

I think the clause that says you don't have to tell the dude he has the right to remain silent and not testify against himself is okay in the obviously extreme circumstance where hundreds of people may be at risk if he witholds information about other devices he placed or others working with him will potentially place.

I agree that whole situation is a circus though. Boston police locking everyone indoors, running around the city riding tanks, sending in hundreds of combat troops makes the country look pretty absurd- especially since our military has visited violence many times the scale of that single small incident on people in the middle east, and has never apologized.

The Boston police are applauded for turning the city into a para-military gulag, and having the strength to pickup the phone when a lady found the dude hiding under a tarp in her yard.

It really is a terrible situation on all accounts, and I think the obvious good that should have come from it, being the clear parallel between this bombining and others our military conducts against civilian targets, has largely been ignored.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Astralzombie

I agree with both Stillwater and Mr.flip. I wouldn't go as far as to call anything man does as sacred but the rights we have in America are a shining example to the rest of the world. At least they were. Now we are an example of how fear and grandiose ego can erode even the strongest of nations.

I believe there is enough substantial evidence against this guy and there is plenty of reason to believe that he has info that can be useful. But if we are willing to step on one citizen's rights, we are willing to step on all of our rights. I don't care that this man has only been a citizen for one year. Citizenship is citizenship. If we start saying "yes, but", anything after but can be applied to any one of us for any reason. Maybe not tomorrow but....

When Sen. Ran Paul did his filibuster against the DHS using armed drones to patrol US territory, many people said this was just a publicity stunt to gain recognition. Atty. General Eric Holder said that they would only be used in extreme circumstances that we can't even imagine as of yet. I believe he was referring to something even more extreme than Boston but I still disagree. I know that these guys are extremist and they want us to "drown in a sea of blood" but if we wish the same upon them, we're not just losing, we have lost.

So long as we make decisions out of fear, the punks are winning. Plain and simple. The punks don't need America to fall as a super power in order to win. All they need is for the rights of it's citizens to be eroded like any other despot nation.

There are no easy answers. MLK said that you can't drive away darkness with darkness. Does anyone disagree?

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Mr.Flip

Quote from: its_all_bad on April 21, 2013, 12:11:01

There are no easy answers. MLK said that you can't drive away darkness with darkness. Does anyone disagree?

i guess in the strict sense of the words but this isnt darkness these are specific events/actions that have reactions and this action will have ultimately iits own unique reaction that i believe will not be good for the sake of man kind in regards to treating things like rights sacred.

my point im trying to get across is in order for everyone to live in an equal society u must treat everyone as equal and no special exceptions. watch and observe what happens with this case
(!)Spark it up

Astralzombie

Quotei guess in the strict sense of the words but this isnt darkness

I agree. I don't even believe in that. I take it to mean that doing something wrong to stop something that is wrong isn't any better. Two wrongs don't make a right...that kind of stuff.

I'm waiting to hear more about the Saudi.
Mark Twain

Ancient One

And behind it all, is that mostly forgotton/overlooked thing, called The Patriot Act.
People are just not aware how dangerous this 'Patriot Act' is to America and freedom, that our current president had vowed to eliminate if he were elected president. So much for politicians promises.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

Mr.Flip

idk about the patriot act but i could see how u would get that into this.
he needed his rights read to him period its for the symbolism of equality.
(!)Spark it up

Bedeekin

Why should they read him his rights?

Rights didn't stop the paranoid truth-seekers from instantly condemning the people who got injured and died as actors and fakers did they?

Stillwater

Equal protection of the accused under law.

People who have not been convicted of a crime should not be treated as criminals, even if it is blatantly obvious they are probably guilty, because if you do it in the obvious case, it gets done in the less obvious ones eventually.

The reason I am alright with certain rights being withheld in this case is immediate danger of unknown devices- maybe in his home or other places; but such withholding should not be done lightly, or a dangerous precedent is set. The U.S. has been gradually morphing into a fascist state over the last 60 years or so, and no specific denial of rights should be taken lightly, lest it become a general one.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Mr.Flip

Quote from: Stillwater on April 22, 2013, 21:22:26
Equal protection of the accused under law.

People who have not been convicted of a crime should not be treated as criminals, even if it is blatantly obvious they are probably guilty, because if you do it in the obvious case, it gets done in the less obvious ones eventually.

thats exactly right and not just that it is also for the preservation of equality, no one is above the law of the land and he cannot be treated special.
(!)Spark it up

Astralzombie

I haven't seen anything (other than the extremists themselves) in which the victims have been blamed for their own deaths and injuries but I don't doubt the nuts exist.
Mark Twain

Bedeekin

Isn't reading him his rights after shooting dead the other 2 a bit like checking a persons pulse when their head has been cut off?

Mr.Flip

well if you put it in that form yes, but he needs to be made into an example for further generations to come.
according to sources they didnt want his rights read to him because law states after he has understood his rights then he does not have to reply to law enforcement

but its obvious he is going to be questioned and interogatted behind closed doors regardless of law, so to me it kinda makes no sense that they do this
(!)Spark it up

Astralzombie

QuoteRights didn't stop the paranoid truth-seekers from instantly condemning the people who got injured and died as actors and fakers did they?

Rights are what allowed the paranoid truth-seekers to profess their beliefs. These are the same rights that will hopefully protect all of our beliefs.

Two hundred years ago, we here on the pulse could have been put to death for saying what we do everyday. You have a big heart Beedeekin and that's why everyone here loves you. Don't give these crazy ideas any more of your time but don't lump them into the same pot as the bad guys either. :-)
Mark Twain

Krishanna

Whatever he says can't be used against him without reading him his rights.  :|

Astralzombie

Quote from: Krishanna on May 06, 2013, 16:47:41
Whatever he says can't be used against him without reading him his rights.  :|

Under the clause where the police think that their is still an extreme risk to the public, even without reading the suspect his rights, his statements are admissible in a court of law.

That's why their consideration to apply that legal clause had many outraged and reasonably so. I don't agree with it entirely but I understand their side as well.
Mark Twain

Krishanna

So does this mean he does not have the right to remain silent & they can torture him too? That doesnt mean they will get anything out of him.

Astralzombie

Quote from: Krishanna on May 06, 2013, 18:30:05
So does this mean he does not have the right to remain silent & they can torture him too? That doesnt mean they will get anything out of him.

There is never any excuse for torture and I hope that the US has learned that listen but I'm not sure how you tied torture to this public safety clause.

In any case, the clause has become a moot point since they already read him his rights over a week ago.

The guy was a US citizen and this would have set a dangerous precedence.
Mark Twain

Krishanna

Quote from: its_all_bad on May 06, 2013, 20:31:18
There is never any excuse for torture and I hope that the US has learned that listen but I'm not sure how you tied torture to this public safety clause.

In any case, the clause has become a moot point since they already read him his rights over a week ago.

The guy was a US citizen and this would have set a dangerous precedence.

oh ...see I read this in another thread about Boston and I put it together wondering why they wouldn't read his rights:
Quote from: Falco peregrinus on April 23, 2013, 12:21:08
Water boarding is legitimate,that is Disgusting.
What kind of democracy they are saving from terrorism,or everything goes?