News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Awakening As One

Previous topic - Next topic

Stillwater

Hmm... thanks for posting these, but the way in which these were written and composed bothers me.

I watched parts of the first 2, and it struck me as needlessly theatric and grandiose, while at the same time carrying a continually dictorial tone and message. There is this incessant percussive beat that moves the monologue further, on a relentless path, but ironically there is no voyage or development on this path- there is only Abrahamic religion-like proclamation, with no attempt to explain the why's or wherefores. The format this ultimately causes the film to take is propaganda speech, and regardless of whether or not the content is true, I would be wary of media like this, since its intent is clearly belief induction.

I think parts of the content may be true, but are best addressed in a dialectic documentary presentation, wherethe viewer is given multiple views and can appraise their own conclusions.

Please don't be disenheartend by this reply- it is more a criticim of composition technique than content. I am sure you must have felt similarly, no?

(On a side note, I also found it humorous that as the narrator spoke the lines, "Earth's ancient cultures, these keepers of wisdom...", they showed background footage of a man pulling a vehicle with hooks through his nipples.)
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Xanth

Personally, I watched the first two... then simply could not watch the last two.
It was too full of drivel for my tastes.

radman32

Great points Stillwater, things I dearly hate to see in vids and can't stand to watch. We as a forum community should try to compile video clips and produce what we believe is a grand approach to our community??
ANYBODY WITH ME?

Stillwater

That is an interesting idea, but I think a big obstacle is that there are many different viewpoints working in this site, and very few things accepts universally here. I think we are more a nexus of discussion then we are a single mind with respect to most ideas. There is a sort of "canon", which I would say contains ideas about 80% or so of us will agree with unquestioningly, however, and even certain ideas which are universally accepted.

The canonic ideas which most seem to agree with here:

-Projecitions reflect some sort of reality, be it mental or metaphysical not fully affirmed yet in the scientific community.
-Materialism is not likely to be the whole truth
-You can't get hurt in an OBE
-Anyone can OBE
-Evil has no cosmic place, only circumstantial manifestations (no great deceiver, etc)
-Robert Monroe is a swell guy
-Thought = action in OBE
-Bush was an agent of cosmic evil
-Things are not fully what they seem in our reality

I think this is a good start to the sorts of things you will find the widest agreement with here, but of course there will be scores that hold contention with each.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic