2nd OBE? Possibly during dream?

Previous topic - Next topic

DancingBear

I was meditating earlier as the sun was rising, laying down listening to the HemiSync MetaMusic. I didn't notice a break in the music, but I had opened my eyes and looked into a bag that was sitting next to where I slept. There was a cockroach in it and so I killed it, but the thing is that this bag was about 5 feet away from where it actually was in the physical, although I didn't realize it at the time.

So I laid back down and began meditating again, with the music still playing. I started become fairly focused and stillminded, then I started floating out of my body. But here's another peculiar thing, although I did notice a slight shift, I didn't feel that strong vibratory experience as I had when I was without a doubt awake the first OBE I had.

After floating around the room for a short time, I attempted to open my eyes (this is where my first OBE ended), but something even more peculiar had happened. I saw what appeared to be both my OBE vision, and either my physical vision or dream vision overlayed over one another. It was like watching a movie with a projection getting played over the top of it. After a couple seconds I shut my eyes to try again, but I think I somehow broke the connection. When I opened my eyes again I was back in the physical, with the music still playing.

This was honestly pretty confusing, so I looked at the music track (which is set to repeat after finishing it's 50 minute set, and it appears I did lose some time. Maybe about 30 to 40 minutes.

Any ideas on what happened here?  :?

SCHMUSTIN

I would say you clearly had a shift in consciousness.

As far as the vibrations go..... I had them very strong at one point..... It seems like I haven't had them since then.

I have heard other members say that just because you experience a sensation once does not mean you're going to experience it every time, or even ever again.

Maybe you're like me and you'll have one great vibrational experience maybe two and then they will be rare or not show up again.

Nameless

SCHMUSTIN's right, the vibes may or may not ever happen again. It seems the theory is that they raise your energy level. Once that's done you don't need to experience them again. I can call up the vibrations from time to time but that's mostly bc I enjoy them and want to explore deeper into what I think is going on.

You had multiple points of consciousness. Congratulations!! You definitely phased and were able to hold onto different points of view. It gets even more intriguing but I'll let you discover on your own. What's next for you may not be exactly what I or anyone else experienced but you are definitely seeing a new reality.

Awesome
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

DancingBear

I honestly can't really fathom it getting more interesting, it was very disorienting. I would've stayed to observe it, but I thought one of the visions I was seeing was my physical eyes and so I worried I would bring myself out of the experience. Ironically it seems the worrying is what brought me back. This is all blowing my mind, I'm not really sure what to make of being in 2 different locations at the same time.

Lumaza

Quote from: DancingBear on September 30, 2018, 05:54:46
I honestly can't really fathom it getting more interesting, it was very disorienting. I would've stayed to observe it, but I thought one of the visions I was seeing was my physical eyes and so I worried I would bring myself out of the experience. Ironically it seems the worrying is what brought me back. This is all blowing my mind, I'm not really sure what to make of being in 2 different locations at the same time.
You haven't seen nothing yet, lol. You are just beginning to "scratch the surface!   :-)

You are just becoming "aware". There is plenty more to this just awaiting!  :wink:
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

DancingBear

I feel like most people, who even just floated out of their body, would be extremely distressed and might even completely deny the experience. But to see 2 points of view at the same time, it's something I think would shatter many people's world view in an instant if they accepted it  as truth. It's a very strange universe indeed.

Windwalker.

You state you started worrying which you absolutely shouldnt do. It seems as if your focus kept switching between physical and non physical and i suspect your worrying was re-focusing you into the physical. Your next experience focus on fearlessly and completely relaxing regardless how spooky any sounds or visions may be, simply ignore them. You seem to have been close to a full blown thought responsive obe but your worrying interfered. Set your intent with total fearlessness and relaxation. Its very impressive that you were able to achieve what you did from a conscious meditation state. No joke but were you smoking weed? I had similar experiences in my youthful weed smoking days.

Nameless

It is disorienting to have multiple pov. With the progress at which you are moving I think it won't be long before you are able to actually engage both the physical and non-physical views at the same time. It takes practice and that fearlessness Windwalker mentioned. The biggest thing I think is most important is to trust yourself.

Your natural preservation instincts are truly strong and they'll snatch you back to physical if anything does go wrong (it won't). Trust that and you will find the other distractions to be just that. :-)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

DancingBear

Quote from: Windwalker. on September 30, 2018, 23:20:02
You state you started worrying which you absolutely shouldnt do. It seems as if your focus kept switching between physical and non physical and i suspect your worrying was re-focusing you into the physical. Your next experience focus on fearlessly and completely relaxing regardless how spooky any sounds or visions may be, simply ignore them. You seem to have been close to a full blown thought responsive obe but your worrying interfered. Set your intent with total fearlessness and relaxation.

Well I would like to clarify on the worrying part. I've already accepted that I might run into my worst nightmare, and am willing to face it head on, I think that's part of why I've made it to this point. The worry I had wasn't one of fear, but of wanting to successfully be able to open my non physical eyes as to not disrupt the experience. My first OBE I remained completely calm, as I did here, but as soon as opened my eyes the first time I accidentally opened my physical eyes. So I'm not sure if worry is light enough of a descriptor, but regardless I think the attachment to a certain outcome instead of accepting what was currently happening is what brought me back.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing.  :lol:

Quote from: Windwalker. on September 30, 2018, 23:20:02
Its very impressive that you were able to achieve what you did from a conscious meditation state. No joke but were you smoking weed? I had similar experiences in my youthful weed smoking days.

My first experience was definitely had consciously while meditating, but like I said there were about 30 to 40 minutes that were unaccounted for here. So during that time I could've either been unconscious while sleeping, or time simply passed differently once my awareness shifted. I'm  not totally sure. I was however meditating for about 80 minutes before before I lost that time though.

I don't use any mind altering substances anymore, even to the point of rarely drinking tea, no coffee, and no refined sugars. Once upon a time I used hallucinogens such as mushrooms or LSD, but the beings that would communicate lessons to me while using these substances made it very clear that there was nothing left they would allow me to learn with this method. They also reminded me that what you are essentially doing when you take these substances is surrendering your free will to the beings that are capable of navigating that space. And although they often have your best intentions in mind, it doesn't mean that you will enjoy it or even learn anything, and in fact might even be harmed. Not to mention what one person needs to learn will be completely different than what someone else needs to, so you'll never know that you've overstepped until you've already done so. The question presented to me was, is taking a shortcut to accelerated spiritual growth worth giving the outcome of my life over to an unknown being(s) with the hope that they do what I feel is best for me.

I truly believe that when taking hallucinogens that you are essentially opening yourself up to the influence of more intelligent, sentient beings, that use the experiences as a way to manipulate humanity towards the future they see is best. And that's not to say it's a negative thing, but I would caution others to think carefully about playing with fireworks (their consciouness) around a raging fire (psychedelics). Not to mention hallucinogens ability to bring up the subconscious and past trauma, which could be incredibly healing in the right setting, but how many people are honestly doing that in the proper setting with trained professionals of the spiritual nature and trained professionals of the medical nature. I did personally experience a lot of growth from hallucinogens, but I was definitely playing with fire and almost got burned for it.

I know you were asking about weed, but it was never something that interested me, and my experience with other mind altering substances seemed a little more appropriate for the conversation.