3rd Time..OBE or not?

Previous topic - Next topic

kerbe6

Ahoy hoy

This morning I awoke to slight vibrations and attempted to "roll out".  Suddenly I found myself on the floor next to my bed, and thought to myself that I had simply rolled off the bed in the physical.  I was feeling weird and got the feeling that I might be OBE and I looked at my hands, which were very distorted.  Yay!  I'm finally projecting again!  I immediately yelled out mentally If I have a spirit guide, please come.  When nothing happened, I decided to try and go through my closed door.  I had no problems doing that, and was now standing in my hallway.  I decided I wanted to try and fly to my friend's house, so I shot straight up through my ceiling.  When I was out of my house I looked around...there was no ground or anything, just a cloudy sky and my house below me.  I shot back down into my house.

I then noticed my bike sitting in the hallway. When I'm done projecting, I'll check and see if it is really there in the physical.  I then went to my living room, and through our back door.  Now there was no missing ground, end everything was intact.  I remember noticing how neat the colors of the sky looked..they were a bit dimmed, and the colors were a little bit off.  At that point I tried to fly to my friend's house again.  I would be able to fly up a hundred or so feet, but slowly fell back down.  I tried this multiple times, and found myself immersed in a swimming pool a few times (?!).  I was thinking about giving up, and suddenly I found myself back in the physical.  I went right into my hallway to see if my bike was there, and it was not.  (It is never there..it would not have left an "astral footprint").

My question is:  Was this an OBE or just a lucid dream?  The missing bike and some other things lead me to believe that it was a lucid dream (different time of day, missing ground, etc), but I felt exit sensations that are common to OBEs.

Thanks!

Peace

Brandon

glacius*

Yeah it was an OBE. Their doesn't have to be an astral footprint for you to see something there. the subconscious mind can create things in the astral realm just like it can in dreams.  Once you leave your body its very hard to stay in the ethereal realm for very long. It is the place that resembles physical reality. Once you start slipping into the astral realm you kind of fade into it so aspects of both dimensions are perceived and they mix together.
Addicted to reason
It fortifies my existence here
a hollow understanding trapped me here
I cannot see inside but its calling me
a god that does not speak, judge or lie and
this eye watches over me
I seem to know you well
www.mushroomstump.com

kerbe6

Thank you very much Glacius...that was very helpful. :D  I'm so glad I finally had another OBE...it's been a long time.

Peace
Brandon

glacius*

Quote from: kerbe6Thank you very much Glacius...that was very helpful. :D  I'm so glad I finally had another OBE...it's been a long time.

Peace
Brandon

Congrats man!! I haven't had one in a while either but I am starting to practice again so I hope I have some wonderful experiences to share soon. I want to check out API(astral pulse island). Thats sounds really cool.
Addicted to reason
this eye watches over me
I seem to know you well
www.mushroomstump.com

kerbe6

That is actually one of my upcoming goals after a bit more exerience...Astral Pulse Island.

Do you know of any way that I can help myself to retain focus in the ethereal plane and not stray off into a dream?  Is it a case of just me wanting to stay there that will do it, or something more complex?

Thanks again and good luck with your projecting!

Peace
Brandon

glacius*

Quote from: kerbe6That is actually one of my upcoming goals after a bit more exerience...Astral Pulse Island.

Do you know of any way that I can help myself to retain focus in the ethereal plane and not stray off into a dream?  Is it a case of just me wanting to stay there that will do it, or something more complex?

Thanks again and good luck with your projecting!

Peace
Brandon
Well I think the best way to get there is probably to print a pic and get it enlarged and use VRP(virtual reality projection) to get there. I have never tried VRP but want to soon. And Robert Bruce says it works good. And When your trying to stay in the ethereal just keep very focused on what you want to do and where you want to go. Don't let your mind wander. Its very hard staying in Ethereal. i cant do it very well either.
Addicted to reason
this eye watches over me
I seem to know you well
www.mushroomstump.com