Reading when projecting...

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Books on lucid dreaming have said that it is possible to use reading to do reality testing. If the words change when you look away and look back, you are dreaming.

I do much reading in waking life. Books were my earliest friends. In dreams, I read as easily as in waking life, whether the dreams are lucid or not. Often I buy books in dreams and sometimes I read parts of them. The worst part is realizing that some information of great value is coming soon and having the dream end at that point.

Frank

This used to really bother me at one stage.

The reason I found is it is one thing being able to see the symbols, on paper, or on a screen, or a poster (whether those symbols be in the form of words, or whatever) and it is another thing being able to translate their meaning. What happens is, you see something written and you might instantly recognise the symbols on it as being words, in english. But when you come to actually read them proper, everything becomes jumbled.

This problem goes away once you develop more mental ability (astral-wise).

It's like, at first, people can have difficulty getting their Astral sight. With me, I had sight alright, but I struggled for ages to develop speech and hearing (perhaps the two are linked).

But I also found that there are other, more finer, mental qualities too that take time to develop. Like the ability to recognise various shades of colour, for example.

Yours,
Frank  

amcturbo

I too have had some difficulty reading while OBE.  The most recent incident was having astral sight of the bedroom, while looking at the alarm clock.  I did make out that it was around 5:xx AM (I think 5:10), but the time did fluctuate.  Interestingly, the alarm clock was showed RED digits (old clock), while the current clock has GREEN digits.

From what I understand, READING is a left-hemisphere (logical/analytical) activity.  Dreams and OBE's are more right-hemisphere (creative/intuitive) activities ... thus the fluctuation of reading things "at night".  The key is to consciously learn to hook-up both hemispheres  while OBEing or Lucid Dreaming ... Frank referred to this ... quoting him, "develop more mental ability (astral-wise)."  I too need to learn to hook-up both hemispheres while LDing/OBEing.  I might be a simple as pre-programming to do so, and then once OBE just ask your Sub Cons. to perform the task (it already knows how anyway) and to maintain the hook-up through out the OBE!  I'll experiment with this next time I'm out and post back the results.

Cheers!
Greg Taylor :)

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Originally posted by Frank:
It's like, at first, people can have difficulty getting their Astral sight. With me, I had sight alright, but I struggled for ages to develop speech and hearing (perhaps the two are linked).

Frank...funny you say that.  I never really thought about it, but I believe that I am in that same phase now!  I can usually hear alright, but sometimes when I try to "talk", no volume comes out of my mouth.  My last projection involved me SHOUTING at the top of my lungs until my voice slowly came into pitch!  

I think, like my astral site, that it's all just a matter of relaxing and letting it come without exuding much effort.  If you calmly focus on it, we should find that these senses are already in perfect order without us trying to "make" them work.

At least, that is what I found out in dealing with my early astral site problems.  When I "tried" to see, I had problems.  However, when I relaxed in the darkness and told myself, "Ok, I expect to see something soon", then the scene would gradually take focus and I would be free to roam around.

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash, Founder and Editor
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

Frank

Yes, you got it in one, Jeff.

I too would struggle, all to no avail. But found that if I mentally took a step back, and put my mind in a state of expectation about what it was that I wanted, then eventually it would come about.

I also found it better not to think about the nitty-gritty action so much, but to concentrate more upon what I wanted to do *if* whatever it was that I was asking came about. That's eventually how I got my speech and hearing.

Rather than concentrating on my voice (any words that came were really slow and slurred, like when someone is very drunk only much worse) I would imagine myself communicating with other members of the Astral community.

Then, one time I projected, I just found myself amongst a group of people who were really chatty and friendly. It was a while before I realised, "Hey, I'm talking to these people and I can hear them perfectly!" And ever since then I've had no problems.

Yours,
Frank

Jeff_Mash

Frank....

That sounds all too familiar.  In many of my projections when I found myself in a room with my mom or other family member, I remember communicating with them without thinking, "Hey, I'm talking!  I hear my voice!"  On the contrary, my communication seemed to happen without me taking much notice of it.

However, whenever I experience slurred or faint speech, it's when I am focusing on my voice and how it sounds.  So you said it best by "not thinking about the nitty gritty" actions.  :-)

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash, Founder and Editor
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

Shayde

I've had dreams, that when I needed my voice the most to scream about a danger, or tell some one some thing important, my voice would be gone. I would scream, or yell and no sound would come out.

To many stars, not enough sky.

Tom

Has anyone else had dreams about being on the internet in chat areas or other text only places? Last night I dreamed of using Direct Connect to download movies and it reminded me of this thread. After too much time online I will dream of reading in the form of continuing what I was doing.

Kodemaster

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kadmon:
I was wondering if anyone here can read when projecting or dreaming. I've noticed whenever I look at a book or sign, the words seem backwards and distorted. When I use my cellphone or computer, some words are legible but most things are a garbled mishmash. The words used to move when I read them, but they are quite stable now, just intelligible.

What I used to think was that my brain couldn't create the text quick enough to complete the illusion. Now I'm wondering if it's because of a fusion of billions of subconscious thoughts in hundreds of languages, solidified.

Can anyone here read normally on the Astral?

I had an OBE a few months ago where I tried to read numbers off a check that was on the counter. I tried really hard to read it and memorise it, but only woke up confused as to what the numbers were. I seem to remember reading the numbers clearly, but they must have been lost in the shift between the OBE and physical plane.

_jeni_

JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Kodemaster

quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
Has anyone else had dreams about being on the internet in chat areas or other text only places? Last night I dreamed of using Direct Connect to download movies and it reminded me of this thread. After too much time online I will dream of reading in the form of continuing what I was doing.

OMG Tom! I've had so many of these! A lot of times my chat or mp3 downloading sessions will be mixed up within regular, off the computer dream scenarios! LOL

Jeni

JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Adam Kadmon

I was wondering if anyone here can read when projecting or dreaming. I've noticed whenever I look at a book or sign, the words seem backwards and distorted. When I use my cellphone or computer, some words are legible but most things are a garbled mishmash. The words used to move when I read them, but they are quite stable now, just intelligible.

What I used to think was that my brain couldn't create the text quick enough to complete the illusion. Now I'm wondering if it's because of a fusion of billions of subconscious thoughts in hundreds of languages, solidified.

Can anyone here read normally on the Astral?