A Dead Man’s (Woman’s) Guide to the Afterlife.

Previous topic - Next topic

radman32

View578

Quote from: MDM on December 31, 2010, 10:20:39
For authenticity's sake I need to point out that my images where inspired by my out-of-body experiences and are not faithful representations of my experiences (this is mentioned in the intro to my website: http://www.magicfantasyart.com

I always start off by trying to depict an environment I have encountered, but the creative process is such that it progresses along different lines during execution. For example nearly all the images in the category "Alien Worlds" were an attempt to capture one visit encountered and reported in my book on page 178 (Another universe, another world) where only image AP037w came somewhat close.

There are some which are better recorded than others in what I saw, but I felt always let down and frustrated by the fact that neither the consciousness nor the feeling of the place could ever be expressed adequately. So I tried to represent the scenes by capturing an atmosphere, using colour and design, rather than being literal and representational. Where I succeeded most in this are images HL029w, HL001w, HL012w, HL014w, HL032w on "Astral Planes" and particularly, imo, Swan Lake (minus the swans).

The top scorer in terms of representational authenticity (75%) is image HL005w (Astral Planes), from the chapter "Settlers on another Planet" (Multidimensional Man)

However, these images are only "fakes" in as much as they express my inability of a faithful representation. The reality is much better than I was able to capture. Please also bear in mind that the creative power of the imagination on the higher dimensional levels can easily turn these "fakes" into reality and as such the images can indeed serve as a blueprint in the creation of a higher dimensional reality.

So I would like to encourage anybody who considers my work attractive enough, to use your favorite image as a wallpaper on your monitor and let me know, next time you astrally project, whether you have been able visit the place. This would confirm that the process works in reverse. :wink:

Good luck, Jurgen

It would be very interesting to see images of how the astral realm is like (considering there is one). Perhaps focusing on one of these images while using a technique, for instance, can increase the likelihood of astral projection. It can be someone's goal to arrive at what's in an image.

It would also be great to see images of what the life is like on the supposed astral plane. This could be of spirits of humans, animals, or/and even what seem to be aliens to us in this physical universe. Which brings me to a question...

If there is life elsewhere in the Universe besides the humans on earth, wouldn't they end up in the same astral plane as us? Maybe certain ones of those partake in astral projection...

MDM

Quote from: View578 on January 02, 2011, 11:22:19
If there is life elsewhere in the Universe besides the humans on earth, wouldn't they end up in the same astral plane as us? Maybe certain ones of those partake in astral projection...

Let's say you are on a physical planet circling a sun in a different galaxy somewhere else in space then this planet would have an astral counterpart, the same as earth, although the odds would be slim that you would bump into those inhabitants, but not impossible. There is more abundance within the higher dimensions than manifests on the physical. We may also have to get used to the idea that our physical universe is not the only one as hypothesized by some cosmologists. I drafted my own model of our multidimensional universe here:
http://www.multidimensionalman.com/Multidimensional-Man/Model_of_the_Multidimensional_Universe.html which is up for discussion.

We also must not forget that we are dealing with states of consciousness too when contemplating the whole issue of the "Astral Planes".

View578

Quote from: MDM on January 02, 2011, 12:28:14
Let's say you are on a physical planet circling a sun in a different galaxy somewhere else in space then this planet would have an astral counterpart, the same as earth, although the odds would be slim that you would bump into those inhabitants, but not impossible. There is more abundance within the higher dimensions than manifests on the physical. We may also have to get used to the idea that our physical universe is not the only one as hypothesized by some cosmologists. I drafted my own model of our multidimensional universe here:
http://www.multidimensionalman.com/Multidimensional-Man/Model_of_the_Multidimensional_Universe.html which is up for discussion.

We also must not forget that we are dealing with states of consciousness too when contemplating the whole issue of the "Astral Planes".

I wonder what the inhabitants would be like on these other planets. Do you have any claims about them?

MDM

Just to let you know I addressed a few questions on my website under FAQ.

http://www.multidimensionalman.com/Multidimensional-Man/FAQ_about_out_of_body_experiences_and_life_after_death.html

Quote from: Fresco on December 21, 2010, 12:41:58
Any idea when the author plans to update his site with the higher dimensions??

I am working on it, Fresco, but need to do more research.

Thanks, Jurgen

Fresco

Quote from: MDM on January 03, 2011, 18:16:56
Just to let you know I addressed a few questions on my website under FAQ.

http://www.multidimensionalman.com/Multidimensional-Man/FAQ_about_out_of_body_experiences_and_life_after_death.html

I am working on it, Fresco, but need to do more research.

Thanks, Jurgen
OK, but please post it on this forum when you've updated it.

I'm very interested

MDM

Quote from: Fresco on January 03, 2011, 18:28:09
OK, but please post it on this forum when you've updated it.

I have added a description of the higher dimensions or the higher Astral levels, which includes some exerts from my book and journals for illustration purposes. This deals with the characteristics, the environment, inhabitants, alien worlds and akashic records.

I hope it inspires you to visit.

Fresco

Quote from: MDM on January 07, 2011, 13:00:12
I have added a description of the higher dimensions or the higher Astral levels, which includes some exerts from my book and journals for illustration purposes. This deals with the characteristics, the environment, inhabitants, alien worlds and akashic records.

I hope it inspires you to visit
I'm already inspired.  Keep em coming, please Jurgen

BTW you wrote:
QuoteWhat is it like to be "dead"? - The Higher Dimensions - could this be heaven ?

Just FYI and IMO, the higher dimensions go on indefinitely.  IOW they go on and on and on and on.
The higher you go, the more beautiful it gets.  Except there's no end to it.

This perfectly coincides with the Biblical theory of "eternal life".  
If there was an end point, then life wouldnt really be eternal now would it??!!

CFTraveler

QuoteIf there was an end point, then life wouldnt really be eternal now would it??!!
Just to throw an idea into the conversation, an end point might just be for 'being' (manifest existence).  It's possible that manifest existence has an end point, but life itself does not, being eternal.
ps. I'm not sure of all the biblical ideas of immortality vs. eternity, but my understanding of many bible-based religions is that many of them believe in immortality, not eternity.

I personally prefer eternity to immortality.  It's more stable.

MDM

Quote from: Fresco on January 07, 2011, 17:06:45
BTW you wrote:
Just FYI and IMO, the higher dimensions go on indefinitely.  IOW they go on and on and on and on.
The higher you go, the more beautiful it gets.  Except there's no end to it.
This perfectly coincides with the Biblical theory of "eternal life".  
If there was an end point, then life wouldnt really be eternal now would it??!!

They do indeed go on, at least much further than we can know and beyond religious belief, philosophical concepts, scientific understanding or human ideas.

Astral316

Quote from: MDM on December 28, 2010, 07:29:43
Once suicidal people realize that the disposal of their physical body will have no effect on their state of mind after death, they will feel much less inclined to kill themselves. Especially if they realize that their state of mind will have attracted them to an appropriate environment, which is equally gloomy and will still demand them working though the problem which prompted them to end their life in the first place.

This should serve to discourage any would-be suicide. I have personally met a suicide bomber who, after killing himself and many innocent others, found his envisaged "heaven" in direct opposition to his expectation and could serve as a powerful deterrent to anybody planning to end their own life or the lives of others.

Hmm, there's a major karmic difference between someone who suicides to end their own suffering and someone who murder/suicides to achieve a desired afterlife. Also if what you say is true, then the suicidal person will not feel "much less inclined to kill themselves" but feel more trapped, hopeless, and prepared for whatever hell they will experience in the here after. Especially if the quote below is also taken as truth...

Quote from: MDM on December 28, 2010, 15:44:25
Thanks you Alan, this is what I found on more than one occasion. The state of mind is paramount. I found that two of my close relatives, one of them my mother (documented in my book), who found themselves in very poor afterlife conditions, due to depression they suffered. This may sound cruel, because they were both of very good character, but this is just the way life is and the afterlife is no different.

So a depressed person can either kill themselves and end up in a dirty situation... or they can wait it out to spare their family pain, die naturally, and end up in a dirty situation? That doesn't sound right at all. I'm sure mental health (ex. depression) and how death occurs (ex. suicide) are factors in determining where one ends up, but to say that they are the only factors is pretty bold.

As for the way life is... you don't put on your best threads and just expect to get the hot girl at the club. You don't buy a "Get Rich Quick" book and just expect to be a millionaire by next year. These things help, they're factors, but many other things weigh in, ya know? The "do this and get that" mentality exists but applying it to this life doesn't. So how does it apply to the afterlife if not the here and now?

BTW, love your multiverse model and your artwork... will try to project to the astral plane depicted in HL001w within the coming weeks.

Fresco

Quote from: MDM on January 07, 2011, 18:35:26
They do indeed go on, at least much further than we can know and beyond religious belief, philosophical concepts, scientific understanding or human ideas.

And if I understand it correctly, the depths of lower astral planes also go on and on. 
IOW there's no end bottom, it just keeps going lower.

Pretty scary concept...LOL  :-P

Xanth

Quote from: Fresco on January 08, 2011, 14:20:15
And if I understand it correctly, the depths of lower astral planes also go on and on. 
IOW there's no end bottom, it just keeps going lower.

Pretty scary concept...LOL  :-P
It goes as low as the lowest common denominator of human equivalent.

MDM

Quote from: Astral316 on January 08, 2011, 12:02:28
Hmm, there's a major karmic difference between someone who suicides to end their own suffering and someone who murder/suicides to achieve a desired afterlife. Also if what you say is true, then the suicidal person will not feel "much less inclined to kill themselves" but feel more trapped, hopeless, and prepared for whatever hell they will experience in the here after. Especially if the quote below is also taken as truth...

So a depressed person can either kill themselves and end up in a dirty situation... or they can wait it out to spare their family pain, die naturally, and end up in a dirty situation? That doesn't sound right at all. I'm sure mental health (ex. depression) and how death occurs (ex. suicide) are factors in determining where one ends up, but to say that they are the only factors is pretty bold.

Whether in this life or hereafter the suicide will need to deal with his problems and perhaps get help (on either level). The added problem with ending the life is the anguish left behind by those close to him/her. This is often experienced as an additional burden. The environment one finds oneself in is only a reflection of ones state of mind. It can be more or less intense, it depends. There is no moral judgment involved, just the way psychology pans out. Someone who inflicted additional suffering, or Karma as you put it, will have to take the energies he/she unleashed into account as well.

If people suffered from endogenous depression and killed themselves then their state of mind may be different after shedding their bodies and they may experience their situation differently or they may not. Who knows. It all depends on many individual factors. There are no rigid rules.

Quote from: Astral316 on January 08, 2011, 12:02:28
As for the way life is... you don't put on your best threads and just expect to get the hot girl at the club. You don't buy a "Get Rich Quick" book and just expect to be a millionaire by next year. These things help, they're factors, but many other things weigh in, ya know? The "do this and get that" mentality exists but applying it to this life doesn't. So how does it apply to the afterlife if not the here and now?

Quite right. Reality rules. Lots of factors combine to create a certain outcome, no different over there. You may desire wine, but you may only end up with grape juice.

Fresco

Quote from: Xanth on January 08, 2011, 14:54:37
It goes as low as the lowest common denominator of human equivalent
THAT low, eh??!!  :lol:

Astral316

Quote from: MDM on January 08, 2011, 15:20:47
Whether in this life or hereafter the suicide will need to deal with his problems and perhaps get help (on either level). The added problem with ending the life is the anguish left behind by those close to him/her. This is often experienced as an additional burden. The environment one finds oneself in is only a reflection of ones state of mind. It can be more or less intense, it depends. There is no moral judgment involved, just the way psychology pans out. Someone who inflicted additional suffering, or Karma as you put it, will have to take the energies he/she unleashed into account as well.

If people suffered from endogenous depression and killed themselves then their state of mind may be different after shedding their bodies and they may experience their situation differently or they may not. Who knows. It all depends on many individual factors. There are no rigid rules.

Quite right. Reality rules. Lots of factors combine to create a certain outcome, no different over there. You may desire wine, but you may only end up with grape juice.

Thanks for the clarification. It's no big deal really, just that I have a history of depression so ideas like that can hit close to home. I like to think there is some kind of rehabilitative component to the afterlife, and that you can spiritually progress even if not in a "dense world" like the physical. But I digress...

MDM

Quote from: Astral316 on January 09, 2011, 03:16:56
Thanks for the clarification. It's no big deal really, just that I have a history of depression so ideas like that can hit close to home. I like to think there is some kind of rehabilitative component to the afterlife, and that you can spiritually progress even if not in a "dense world" like the physical. But I digress...

I know the feeling, I've been there myself, it's an important part of the growth process. People who have experienced depression often develop a strong sense of compassion.

Fresco

Quote from: MDM on January 09, 2011, 05:18:42
I know the feeling, I've been there myself, it's an important part of the growth process. People who have experienced depression often develop a strong sense of compassion
And thats one of the reasons there's so much suffering in the world.  People that go through hardships themselves learn not be so judgemental of others who are going through the same (or a similar) suffering. 

There's other reason for suffering, but that is one of them

MDM

Quote from: Fresco on January 09, 2011, 10:27:47
People that go through hardships themselves learn not be so judgemental of others who are going through the same (or a similar) suffering.
Yes, very often some of the best counsellors and therapists have also experienced great hardships, even mental illness. Some staff in drug clinics have been drug addicts themselves. Some helpers on the next level are no strangers to suffering. You never know where the poor souls, who seem to be rotting on the lowest levels, will be one day. We are all in it together, life that is.

Fresco

Quote from: MDM on January 09, 2011, 19:07:46
Yes, very often some of the best counsellors and therapists have also experienced great hardships, even mental illness. Some staff in drug clinics have been drug addicts themselves. Some helpers on the next level are no strangers to suffering. You never know where the poor souls, who seem to be rotting on the lowest levels, will be one day. We are all in it together, life that is.
Yup, agreed.

Hey MDM, a question for you.  If I'm dreaming and a bunch of people show up in my dream does that mean those people are the real astral version of them, or are they just entities I created in my own mind??
IOW I'm dreaming at 3AM and so are those people, and we just happen to meet up on some astral plane

MDM

Quote from: Fresco on January 09, 2011, 21:53:46
Hey MDM, a question for you.  If I'm dreaming and a bunch of people show up in my dream does that mean those people are the real astral version of them, or are they just entities I created in my own mind??
IOW I'm dreaming at 3AM and so are those people, and we just happen to meet up on some astral plane

Fresco, we may have to open this up for a wider discussion involving other forum members. My answer to this is, I don't know. It could be the astral bodies of the people, but it could also be your projection. I have in the past met my wife when OOB early in the morning when I knew for sure she was up and about and not dreaming (The astral body tends to cling to the physical body when a person is awake). Though in this case I found on closer inspection that she was somewhat phantom like, a little bit remote or what I call an artificial entity, a projection or thought form. This is often the case when people dream of, or even astrally meet famous film stars or super models (I am sorry to say :-D). They are rarely the real thing (unless you are married to them perhaps). In your case it could be the real thing. If they dreamed also meeting you at 3am in their dream than it is more likely to be real.

There are various other theories to explain this, but I don't know.

Fresco

Everlasting

Priests of hippocratic love talk of peace and Christ, Power is their only goal. Now they all shall die.

MDM

I don't always enter my OBEs into my diaries unless they offer new information. This was one of them and it demonstrates how placid and adaptable the energy on the next dimensions actually is and how easily it can actually transform a person's shape. This was an OBE that lasted for nearly two hours. Have a look at my latest entry on my website and let us know whether you had similar observations:

http://www.multidimensionalman.com/Multidimensional-Man/Shape_Shifters.html

Fresco

Quote from: MDM on January 17, 2011, 13:51:28
I don't always enter my OBEs into my diaries unless they offer new information. This was one of them and it demonstrates how placid and adaptable the energy on the next dimensions actually is and how easily it can actually transform a person's shape. This was an OBE that lasted for nearly two hours. Have a look at my latest entry on my website and let us know whether you had similar observations:

http://www.multidimensionalman.com/Multidimensional-Man/Shape_Shifters.html
I just read it.  Its definitely weird, especially for me since I only had 2 OBE's so far and neither we're more than a few feet above my body.
So really I have no clue what most people on these forums are talking about.

Another question for you MDM, have you ever been able to figure out what the meaning of Life is??
I believe we're here for a learning purpose and also to be tested.  But the main reason for existence to me is a mystery