A Dead Man’s (Woman’s) Guide to the Afterlife.

Previous topic - Next topic

NoY

The meaning of Life

Entertainment !. Once you have lived your life and the life after that and the life after that.. until you have lived all of your lives and are a most high angel what will you do? at the end of the end of the end?.
You may choose to start again to reincarnate at the lowest level and do it all over again. Its not a question of faith its more a concept of infinity, if life goes on forever and has always been forever, then not only have you lived your own life before but you have also been your mother and your father and your brother and your dog and a tree and a being from another dimension over and over again for eternity, its not a question of being here to learn because you used to know it anyway. Everybody loves a good movie with action romance hero's monsters etc. because its entertaining and that's all life is, a way to entertain the masses

Micael

Quote from: NoY on January 17, 2011, 15:50:19
The meaning of Life

Entertainment !. Once you have lived your life and the life after that and the life after that.. until you have lived all of your lives and are a most high angel what will you do? at the end of the end of the end?.
You may choose to start again to reincarnate at the lowest level and do it all over again. Its not a question of faith its more a concept of infinity, if life goes on forever and has always been forever, then not only have you lived your own life before but you have also been your mother and your father and your brother and your dog and a tree and a being from another dimension over and over again for eternity, its not a question of being here to learn because you used to know it anyway. Everybody loves a good movie with action romance hero's monsters etc. because its entertaining and that's all life is, a way to entertain the masses

That's a funny analogy... "entertaining the masses"  :-D
Now I'm not telling it's not accurate or otherwise it's just funny from a human perspective (at least mine).  :-)

Quote from: Fresco on January 17, 2011, 15:26:40

Another question for you MDM, have you ever been able to figure out what the meaning of Life is??
I believe we're here for a learning purpose and also to be tested.  But the main reason for existence to me is a mystery

Well I can't say anything that hasn't been said in another words but here goes an analogy I just thought about.. When you go through something really 'bad', 'negative' on life and you survive it, hold your ground and later come to find stability, good values, joy and love... How do you feel when you think that you just went through it all and didn't loose yourself or even more you became a better person?
I would suppose you feel secure, strong, capable and that you know that if any time another storm comes you'll not give up, you'll remain calm, centered, balanced and just deal with it.
Now as pure souls.. without your experience and strength if something perhaps even smaller comes your way.. it would probably be more painful and could consume you much more easily that the things that happen in this plane of existence. This is elementary school. Nothing that happens here has the potential to hurt you more than the things that could do so in the more 'vast' and unlimited dimensions. So guess what? You're learning because you think you're suffering the greatest pain ever as you don't remember who you are and you're still maintaining your integrity in the bigger picture!
There's always the potential for good and bad and we must deal with it so we better learn in a easier way. :)
And of course I also believe that we are here to have a unique experience too, because for us consciousness's of a much higher level this is of course very unique.
I'll also leave Thomas Campbell analogy here as I deeply trust him and resonate with what he shares. There's only three ways to go about existence. You evolve, you stabilize or you devolve. Stabilizing is impossible because change is a constant and that is a fact, every thing changes one time or another, slower or faster. So.. either you evolve and keep evolving, or you devolve and keep devolving until the point where eventually there's nothing left but ego, negativity and you just die. Because you can't sustain your self, you can't create you just self destroy (this last part is my personal conclusion).
I know the question wasn't for me but I just couldn't resist.. such an interesting and complex topic!
Hope this helps.  :wink:

MDM

Quote from: Fresco on January 17, 2011, 15:26:40
Another question for you MDM, have you ever been able to figure out what the meaning of Life is??
I believe we're here for a learning purpose and also to be tested.  But the main reason for existence to me is a mystery

The beauty of your ultimate question is that you'll have to find the answer yourself and when you do, you'll probably won't know how to put it into words.

Along the way we "entertain" ourselves (and learn) by assembling the pieces of an infinite jigsaw puzzle.

Fresco

Quote from: MDM on January 17, 2011, 18:01:05
The beauty of your ultimate question is that you'll have to find the answer yourself and when you do, you'll probably won't know how to put it into words
Thats probably true.

Care to even begin to put it into words??!

MDM

Quote from: Fresco on January 17, 2011, 21:17:05
Thats probably true.

Care to even begin to put it into words??!

Have you noticed my silence Fresco?

That's not because I don't know how to put it into words, but because I don't know the answer. :-)

Fresco

Quote from: MDM on January 18, 2011, 14:36:56
Have you noticed my silence Fresco?

That's not because I don't know how to put it into words, but because I don't know the answer. :-)
I find your website and posts highly interesting, so please dont take this the wrong way. 
But if you dont know the answer than how do you know the meaning of life is too amazing to be put into words??

MDM

Quote from: Fresco on January 18, 2011, 16:34:00
I find your website and posts highly interesting, so please dont take this the wrong way. 
But if you dont know the answer than how do you know the meaning of life is too amazing to be put into words??

Hi Fresco, are you trying to trick me :-D? There are a lot of things we may experience in the physical reality as well which are hard to put into words, that's why we have poets, musicians and mathematicians.

I was trying to describe it in one of my videos and my book (and I wished I hadn't), but most people who have similar peak experiences will probably agree that there is always something that will have to remain unsaid, simply because it embraces another dimension which is out of the jurisdiction of our three-dimensional brain.

Some people speak quite casually of linking up with their "Higher Self" (or HS for short) as if they are just popping in to see their grand dad or they say they are tuning into the "White Light" as if they are just turning on the desk lamp in their study. I have never experienced anything like that. What I did experience never seemed to come from "myself" or even had anything to do with "me". It was more as if I had been "let in", not because I wanted to be let in, but because it was decided upon by something beyond me. In the process of which everything I considered to be myself was left behind. So there was never a "me" that "saw" this whatever it was. And that "whatever" was so slippery that it refused to be put into the confines of my human understanding.

All anybody can do who has ever had such an encounter with this "whatever" or a similar "peak experience" is to come up with some interpretation of what they experienced. Unfortunately this is often how religions are formed and gurus are created and suddenly we are on the road to arguing about words, conflict, cults, religious authorities, gurus, bigotry and eventually we blow ourselves and others up.

So I'm afraid you'll have to experience it yourself or better allow the experience to happen and then hopefully shut up about it - or not - like me :-).

jub jub

Greetings MDM. I thoroughly enjoyed looking over the material on your web site. Very enlightening!

I have a question for you if you don't mind. The question is, does Astral travel have any religious connotations associated with it? I'm reading a book where the author is claiming that our mission is to return to God (source) through numerous incarnations where we constantly strive to better our consciousness and make it worthy enough to return to the source. Have you found the same to be true in your travels?
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

NoY

i think god is literally the word good, i don't think you would return to good as its just a word instead i think you walk away from the chaos of the spirit where you were created if you was to return to the creator the spirit you would have to go into the deep. you are the spirits child and its your job to be good for them IE your god or you can just be another facet of them good/bad

:NoY:

MDM

Quote from: jub jub on January 19, 2011, 08:38:51
Greetings MDM. I thoroughly enjoyed looking over the material on your web site. Very enlightening!

I have a question for you if you don't mind. The question is, does Astral travel have any religious connotations associated with it? I'm reading a book where the author is claiming that our mission is to return to God (source) through numerous incarnations where we constantly strive to better our consciousness and make it worthy enough to return to the source. Have you found the same to be true in your travels?

Thank you Jub. I am not very good with religion, but with regard to your question, I broadly agree that we are in some sort of feedback loop which will ultimately widen our experience and expand our consciousness until we realize what we are made of. I have had my own past life experiences and I consider reincarnation to be a fact.

Though I am sure that your meditation on the subject to find inspiration and an answer to this question will probably be more rewarding than my opinion.

Fresco

Quote from: jub jub on January 19, 2011, 08:38:51

I believe thats one of the reasons why we were created.  Some people call it the "Ascension Process".
Really what you're doing is ascending back to God.

MDM, do you believe in the Ascension Process??

Lexy

"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."

jub jub

Quote from: Lexy on January 20, 2011, 14:01:08
How can you ascend to something you already are? Everything else is illusion.

I guess it's the 12 step process back to the source. As we progress back, we collect data for the further evolution of the source. Even God evolves. It's the nature of how things are. You either evolve or die.
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

Fresco

jub jub

Quote from: Fresco on January 20, 2011, 14:25:52
Already are what??  :?

He's saying that we are God. So why would we want to ascend to be with ourselves.

Stookie

Quote from: jub jub on January 20, 2011, 14:23:43
I guess it's the 12 step process back to the source. As we progress back, we collect data for the further evolution of the source. Even God evolves. It's the nature of how things are. You either evolve or die.

I guess it depends on your perspective of God, but I would think that God is already infinite and perfect. It's us that evolves through that infiniteness. In this case, all there really is to do is realize that you already exist as source, and all separation from it is illusion. I think that's what Lexy was getting at (but correct me if I'm wrong).

Lexy

Fresco

Quote from: jub jub on January 20, 2011, 14:30:17
He's saying that we are God. So why would we want to ascend to be with ourselves.
I think our potential is to become God (or Gods). Even the bible supports this.
But unless he can walk on water, can cure cancer and move mountains I'd say he's probably still just a human, wouldnt you?!

Lexy

Fresco

Quote from: Lexy on January 20, 2011, 17:33:07

Jesus was just a human but he didn't think like one
OK, but what does that have to do with us?

Lexy

Quote from: Fresco on January 20, 2011, 19:37:54
OK, but what does that have to do with us?

(since you brought up the bible & walking on water, I use this as an example)  Jesus said we would be able to do greater things than him. We just have to realize it. It's not something we have to struggle to obtain, we already have this inside of us.

Fresco

Quote from: Lexy on January 20, 2011, 20:08:35
(since you brought up the bible & walking on water, I use this as an example)  Jesus said we would be able to do greater things than him. We just have to realize it. It's not something we have to struggle to obtain, we already have this inside of us
We might have it inside us, but finding it and actually walking on water are 2 completely different things

Lexy

Quote from: Fresco on January 20, 2011, 20:57:28
We might have it inside us, but finding it and actually walking on water are 2 completely different things

Why can't you walk on water? Because you believe in the illusion that you are just a human being. Why do you believe you are only human? because that is what you experience. Why do you have to have this human experience? Because you to chose to have it. Why would you choose to have this experience? to experience consciousness slowed down in matter; to evolve consciousness. What's the big deal about walking on water? I don't know, there are videos on youtube showing how, you just need some plexiglass.

Fresco

Quote from: Lexy on January 20, 2011, 22:11:17
Why can't you walk on water? Because you believe in the illusion that you are just a human being
Yeah that must be it then.  I'll just undo that illusion and start walking on water.

Thanks for the tip btw