A determined beginner's OBE *attempt* log (never had one before)

Previous topic - Next topic

FireFly9

Sounds like a good plan.  Just like I'm sticking to what I find works best for me and it's not direct phasing at this point.  Each time I get close or get that light buzzing feeling, even if I don't get out, it's practice and helps me recognize the different shifts and body feelings etc.  I believe something within us actually begins to change over time.  Seems you are getting progressively closer and recognized "there were several periods of losing awakeness/getting closer to an OBE."  Awesome!

QuoteAnother parallel with meditation actually (concentration meditation, anyway), is that nothing much happens until things start REALLY happening.

Exactly.... and it will.  You will be amazed.  I always thought of myself as watching (yet again) from the sidelines while only other people had success but I stayed, and remain, absolutely determined and also inspired by all I read.  Then it began.  I did some of Buhlman's techniques at first (which got me a few brief outs to the RTZ), then I read Robertson's ebook which got me moving into the astral zone via the tunnel.   

rainbow_light

Made another two attempts on Friday and Saturday night. Friday night's attempt didn't go anywhere as I wasn't tired enough to start falling back to sleep quickly, and last night's attempt was similar, except I did start to feel some vibrations. I did realize though that these kinds of attempts aren't just chance occurrences, but probably have a lot to do with the kind of day I had leading up to them: whether I got a full night's sleep the previous night, whether I did any exercise that day, etc. The problem was I wasn't going to bed feeling particularly tired, and so upon being woken up by my alarm in the middle of the night, I didn't feel the need to go straight back to sleep, which seems to be the kind of situation that works best for me.

Tweaks to technique for future attempts
Only try to have OBE's after busy, tiring days - especially if I've built up a bit of a sleep deficit.

rainbow_light

Made another attempt last night that went a little better than the previous two attempts. My memory of it is foggy, but I'm pretty sure there was some SP, vibrations, and loss of awakeness, but no noises or feelings of separation. Also, I was more tired going to sleep than the previous two attempts, but not really exhausted. It'll be interesting to see if my theory (described in my previous post) holds up when I am exhausted, in which case the circumstances should be even more conducive to projection.

Mr.PumperNickle

So close but so far to projecting. It'll come one day, i'll just have to wait.

rainbow_light

Quote from: Mr.PumperNickle on November 28, 2014, 01:05:48
any update op?

Hi Mr. PumperNickle,

Yes, I made another attempt last night. I think I got pretty close this time.

Account
There were 3 onsets of stronger signs of projection in total. I went for a passive approach this time, just noticing the vibrations, feelings of separation, etc., and focusing on staying relaxed. The first onset was probably the closest I got (all the signs were there, including tunnel sensations and whirring noises, although the noises weren't prominent or loud), but unfortunately was spoiled by my eyes beginning to open just as I felt like I was transitioning to energy body sight. I had to tilt my head up further after that to let my eyes stay shut by themselves. (As mentioned in my original post, I try to lie with my head at a 100 degree angle from my body. I've experimented with other positions such as those suggested by Robert Bruce, but there's always this issue of not being able to keep my eyes relaxed yet shut at the same time.)

The second onset was almost as successful, but was spoiled by tensions creeping into the muscles in my arms. Even though I was focusing on staying relaxed, there was probably too much anticipation and eagerness to get out. After things seemed to stop progressing I suddenly became aware of all this tension and could just drop it straight away.

I found this quite frustrating, but decided to try projecting again. I can't remember the next onset as clearly, but I think there was more difficulty with bodily tensions, and so I eventually gave up.

Review
Besides the tensions and my eyes opening, I was also for the first time imagining writing this post, describing the sensations, etc., during the attempt, which I realized afterwards is due to a pretty irrational feeling of needing to be accurate in my descriptions. So from now on I'm giving myself permission to be vague and inaccurate, and not try to take note of what's happening during the event.

The other two difficulties though are quite serious as I've encountered them many times before. I guess all I can do as regards the tension is just try to be super-passive and equanimous. I've already quit using the more active techniques due to this, so all that's left to drop is this eagerness and excitement about projecting. I do worry though that just leaving my attention with the body is going to be a hindrance. At least the idea of holding it outside the body to aid projection makes a lot more sense to me.

Edit: Plan for next attempt
Re-reading NewOldSoul's advice, I'm thinking that's exactly the direction I need to be heading in: just ignoring sensations, yet staying relaxed, calm, and equanimous, then allowing myself to flow with the momentum of the projection and finding some sensation to passively take me out of the body.

rainbow_light

Made 3 attempts this week. Last night's was the most positive, but I can't remember it well. None were as positive as the one described in my November 28th post. I wasn't tired enough during the other 2 for much to start happening.

Interestingly, I was more tired going to bed last night, which would support my theory. Maybe I should start systematically taking notes of my tiredness levels going to bed along with my success levels during attempts. Has anyone else noticed a correlation there?

Szaxx

There's a strong link with success and sleep.
I've used this in the 80's with great effect. Too little sleep and it's a no-go, too much is the same. The amount of sleep is quite hard to monitor which cqn be reduced greatly with a regime.
As it was found personally, bed at 12:30am up at 07:30 on the dot and I could manage a 45 min outing at lunchtime nearly every day.
To obtain success at night more sleep was required while morning success required less sleep.
This method or control had been used continuously for years with great success.
Illnesses and hard days altered the results both ways.
Way back, durung the small hours or early morning was by far the most successful.
Now, it's a choice of when the best time is and filling that slot.

Perhaps others have seen the correlation too.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

rainbow_light

Last night's attempt: tried to ignore sensations as planned, just focusing on keeping the mind empty and relaxed. Got to sleep paralysis. Didn't actively try to get out of the body. Didn't notice further signs of projection.

Resolution for next attempt: once in SP, gently start trying to project through focusing on one particular sensation or willing the energy body to separate.

soarin12

Quote from: rainbow_light on December 07, 2014, 11:18:04
Maybe I should start systematically taking notes of my tiredness levels going to bed along with my success levels during attempts. Has anyone else noticed a correlation there?

Tiredness level has a lot (even mostly) to do with my success at this.  You need to be tired enough that your body is ready for sleep but not so tired that your mind can't stay awake.  For me this means I go to bed at 12 am and project at 6 am.   Or, I get about 6 hrs. sleep at night, then because I was a little short on sleep, I take a 2 hr. nap in the evening -say 8-10 pm.  Then I can project at around 1 am.

One thing that can mess you up (kind of give you a false reading about the whole situation) is eating carbs. and sugar, then feeling tired and thinking that it will be a good time to project because you're tired.  That never works - the effect of the sugar is making you tired and your conscious mind just gets pulled under -impossible to stay awake to project.  At least that's been my experience.  Best to keep you your sugar eating several hrs. away from any projection attempts.

rainbow_light

I made about 5 attempts since my last post, all of which were botched because I kept falling back asleep, even after repeating an affirmation and trying to mentally ready myself. This seems to have come completely out of the blue, as I wouldn't say I've been feeling particularly bored with trying to project lately or anything, and before I was having trouble with not being able to get back to sleep.

I might try biting my lip or lightly holding a muscle clenched to keep myself awake next time. Alternatively, I could try getting out of bed and pottering around for a while.

I did come across something fascinating recently that I must share in a book called "Quantum Buddhism: Dancing in Emptiness" by Graham Smetham, which over 650 pages examines the extensive parallels between quantum physics and the teachings of the later schools of Buddhism. What I've been noticing is that the consciousness-centered interpretation of quantum physics he puts forth (and that's advocated by many eminent physicists) is also very much in line with many of the observations of non-physical planes made by OBE writers like Robert Bruce, Luis Minero and Jurgen Ziewe. Basically, he concludes that the universe, including all of its physical laws, was collectively constructed by observer-participant consiousnesses over vast stretches of time, much the same as the non-physical planes are said to be. This was a revelation to me as I had always assumed this plane was the exception to the rule. Apparently, who no-one is observing an object, even one as large as the moon, it will begin to spread out and return to a state of quantum superposition (although for the moon this would take billions of years). It only takes the shape of the moon due to our collective karma and our habitual assenting over billions of years to its appearance and the rules which govern it.

rainbow_light

I haven't tried to project in about 6 months... but I still want to. Having just read the OBE VERIFICATIONS page (da-lai.lima-city.de), I'm feeling inspired to try again.

Since my last post, I've used Robert Monroe's 'Hemi-sync: Support for Journey's Out of the Body' a few times, and may give that another few tries.

I also read parts of Frederick Aardema's Explorations in Consciousness. Despite the part where he achieves a statistically significant result in his attempts to verify the OBE as more than a purely imagined experience, I was pretty disheartened to read that he isn't convinced himself that it is. I found myself getting bored reading his book having read so much similar content in the past. Between this and my life getting much busier I fell out of the habit of trying to project.

Anyway, I now have a schedule that can allow for the odd night of interrupted sleep. I will try to keep plugging away with the OBE attempts.

In hindsight, this log has probably been of more good to me than not, and so I'll try to record my attempts again.

I appreciate the many comments that I've received in this thread. I probably fear at the back of my mind that I'll just be discouraging people and wasting their time with pages and pages of failed attempts. I've never felt like a natural at the OBE like I sometimes do with meditation. In fact I can't rule out the possibility that I have below average potential in this regard. I may have blocked energy channels that are causing my energy body to get caught on its way out.

I've always liked the aphorism credited to Woody Allen that "80% of success is showing up". I'm going to try to keep doing that and hope for the best.

Lumaza

Quote from: rainbow_light on September 17, 2015, 16:22:05
I haven't tried to project in about 6 months... but I still want to. Having just read the OBE VERIFICATIONS page (da-lai.lima-city.de), I'm feeling inspired to try again.

Since my last post, I've used Robert Monroe's 'Hemi-sync: Support for Journey's Out of the Body' a few times, and may give that another few tries.

I also read parts of Frederick Aardema's Explorations in Consciousness. Despite the part where he achieves a statistically significant result in his attempts to verify the OBE as more than a purely imagined experience, I was pretty disheartened to read that he isn't convinced himself that it is. I found myself getting bored reading his book having read so much similar content in the past. Between this and my life getting much busier I fell out of the habit of trying to project.

Anyway, I now have a schedule that can allow for the odd night of interrupted sleep. I will try to keep plugging away with the OBE attempts.

In hindsight, this log has probably been of more good to me than not, and so I'll try to record my attempts again.

I appreciate the many comments that I've received in this thread. I probably fear at the back of my mind that I'll just be discouraging people and wasting their time with pages and pages of failed attempts. I've never felt like a natural at the OBE like I sometimes do with meditation. In fact I can't rule out the possibility that I have below average potential in this regard. I may have blocked energy channels that are causing my energy body to get caught on its way out.

I've always liked the aphorism credited to Woody Allen that "80% of success is showing up". I'm going to try to keep doing that and hope for the best.
Your words above show that you are already disheartened and are setting yourself up for failure. It's good to read books and Forums on Astral Projection. But just remember the info is being found from the Author's own perspective of what's occurring.

I came out of reading Fred's book with the exact opposite viewpoint of yours. I thought it was an excellent book. Fred was and still is looking at this from a completely scientific point of view, which is good. His verification analysis shows this to be true. But once again he sees it through his eyes. Books are a great way to educate yourself on the topic. They are a great blueprint, but in the end it's only your perception that counts to you.

My view is if a person is really serious and I mean they have their heart and soul in this this, that they will find the time to practice often. They won't succumb to failure. They will find success, just like they find success in other aspects of their lives. This isn't just something you try to see what happens. AP leads to a complete change in your mindset. So, the question you should be asking yourself is "are you ready for this change?" Many people aren't at this point in their lives.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

rainbow_light

Quote from: Lumaza on September 17, 2015, 18:22:23
Your words above show that you are already disheartened and are setting yourself up for failure. It's good to read books and Forums on Astral Projection. But just remember the info is being found from the Author's own perspective of what's occurring.

I came out of reading Fred's book with the exact opposite viewpoint of yours. I thought it was an excellent book. Fred was and still is looking at this from a completely scientific point of view, which is good. His verification analysis shows this to be true. But once again he sees it through his eyes. Books are a great way to educate yourself on the topic. They are a great blueprint, but in the end it's only your perception that counts to you.

My view is if a person is really serious and I mean they have their heart and soul in this this, that they will find the time to practice often. They won't succumb to failure. They will find success, just like they find success in other aspects of their lives. This isn't just something you try to see what happens. AP leads to a complete change in your mindset. So, the question you should be asking yourself is "are you ready for this change?" Many people aren't at this point in their lives.

I agree that it probably helps to believe strongly in one's capacity to have an OBE, and also to repeat affirmations that the next attempt will be successful. I will try to be positive about my prospects.

In fact, I also thought his book was excellent. I had just tired of reading such kinds of books. I highly recommend it. In particular, he mentions some exit techniques which interested me that I've yet to properly try out. I'm hoping to put them to use and describe how I get on in this thread.

Remaining open to the experience of projection itself is a challenge for me. I haven't given much thought to how I might be changed by a successful projection or series of them. I don't think I've got much apprehension around that. If anything, I feel I would welcome the discovery that there is life before and after death. I do try to practise being open and welcoming to every experience, as per Chogyam Trungpa's advise to "always turn towards, never turn away". I have sometimes felt a little anxious when the signs of projection start to ramp up. I want to be able to lose myself in the projection experience, rather than turning away from it on some level out of anxiety.

Last night's attempt
This attempt I have to put down as just me getting back into the swing of projecting. I didn't try to apply any technique, which I should have done. I will try again soon hopefully with a better plan in mind.

Szaxx

Hi rainbow,
I have something for you to try out if it resonates with you.
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/how-to-phase-lesson-t754.html
It's part of Destiny's Plan and the info there may also help you.

Lumaza

Quote from: rainbow_light on September 18, 2015, 10:29:45
I agree that it probably helps to believe strongly in one's capacity to have an OBE, and also to repeat affirmations that the next attempt will be successful. I will try to be positive about my prospects.

In fact, I also thought his book was excellent. I had just tired of reading such kinds of books. I highly recommend it. In particular, he mentions some exit techniques which interested me that I've yet to properly try out. I'm hoping to put them to use and describe how I get on in this thread.

Remaining open to the experience of projection itself is a challenge for me. I haven't given much thought to how I might be changed by a successful projection or series of them. I don't think I've got much apprehension around that. If anything, I feel I would welcome the discovery that there is life before and after death. I do try to practise being open and welcoming to every experience, as per Chogyam Trungpa's advise to "always turn towards, never turn away". I have sometimes felt a little anxious when the signs of projection start to ramp up. I want to be able to lose myself in the projection experience, rather than turning away from it on some level out of anxiety.

Last night's attempt
This attempt I have to put down as just me getting back into the swing of projecting. I didn't try to apply any technique, which I should have done. I will try again soon hopefully with a better plan in mind.
I apologize for the "touch love" in my post above. Sometimes that's what people need to get that inner motivation again. I am kind of a Channel of sorts, this has become stronger from my open awareness I have found in this practice for the last 4 years here. So, I "feel/sense" what I should say before I begin to type a response to people here.

If you listen to other people you will see how becoming aware or "enlightened" as they put it has changed their lives. Some were successful 6 figure business people. After they had their experience they quit their old occupation to begin in a new one. Many took a huge pay decrease, but that what happens when you choose to help Humanity, instead of taking advantage of it.

Not only is the first successful outing a major shock to your system. But it's the things you will learn there that will change your outlook on this physical reality in general and let me tell you there are some fascination and also some shocking revelations to be found. In general it changes you "mindset" on life and reality as a whole.

Lastly the only thing you have to do is to get out of the way of the shift. This is done by shifting your "entire" focus from here to there. Many people like to take a "sneak peek" back at what is happening with their physical body. This is extremely counterproductive. You need to learn to trust what you are doing and go "all in". Half way doesn't work here.

But I can see by the fact that there was still a "last night's attempt", that you are staying the course. If you have any questions, just ask. We are all here to share and learn together.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

ThaomasOfGrey

rainbow_light, I started off quite gun-ho like yourself and was disappointed to find that controlled sessions can be both quite time consuming and prone to failure. I have had more success after taking a back seat to the process. I find dream based projection to be a really good approach since it costs you nearly nothing time wise. The only chore is keeping a dream log; I have found this is mandatory right now after failing to remember many dreams without it.

Your other option is to try hypnosis based techniques. You can find 30 second procedures that will kick start your meditation straight to vivid pattern and colors. Some people have success with the 30 minute guided hypnosis for projection videos on YouTube.

tomek

Hello fellow travellers, hello rainbow,

Let me starrt off by saying thank you very much for all your efforts. I'm like many of you readers trying to project and looking for support. The information provided here are obviously very useful but let me draw your attention towards something perhaps even more important: COMMUNITY. Some of you may take it for granted but the sense of belonging you create in this forum is as important as a successful OBE. Personally, it feels much easier to carry on knowing that guys like rainbow are going through the same struggle. Sure we get tired sometime, sure we give up. What let us pick up where we left of is the sense of community of people sharing the same important mission: elevating consciousness. And let me tell you, there's no better way to evolve than share your experience with a fellow human being (let alone higher beings on the astral planes:)

From now on I will try to share my own struggle and give full support to those who need it.

Happy projecting!

Szaxx

Welcome to the community Tomek.
Your post is presented in a manner that promotes what we are conveying.
I'll look forward to more.
Glad your aboard.

Lumaza

Quote from: tomek on September 21, 2015, 12:30:18
Hello fellow travellers, hello rainbow,

Let me starrt off by saying thank you very much for all your efforts. I'm like many of you readers trying to project and looking for support. The information provided here are obviously very useful but let me draw your attention towards something perhaps even more important: COMMUNITY. Some of you may take it for granted but the sense of belonging you create in this forum is as important as a successful OBE. Personally, it feels much easier to carry on knowing that guys like rainbow are going through the same struggle. Sure we get tired sometime, sure we give up. What let us pick up where we left of is the sense of community of people sharing the same important mission: elevating consciousness. And let me tell you, there's no better way to evolve than share your experience with a fellow human being (let alone higher beings on the astral planes:)

From now on I will try to share my own struggle and give full support to those who need it.

Happy projecting!
Welcome Tomek. For your first post here you certainly hit a "home run" Definitely worthy of *****.!  :-)

If you need any help here, just ask. Like you said "We are a community that grows/evolves together". My goal here has always been to help others experience the wonder and awe of the Astral. That's my purpose here. Like Szaxx and many others here, I have no problem shifting my focus now. But, it wasn't always that way and this Forum is the reason why I found success. Experienced people here show the "how-to", but the others need to apply the technique themselves.

I know the struggles, so do the other experienced people here. We were once new at it as well. I try to use "empathy" when I post to people here. I feel for them. But, I also know that this can be achieved by everyone, once they "allow" it into their reality. To really be able to allow it you need to link your conscious with your subconscious mind. In other words both conscious and subconscious have to be on the same page. This comes from inner dialect.

tomek

Thank you guys for warm welcome. I resonate strongly with all you have said. Often one needs support, sometimes encouragement, sometime, like myself, a sense of community present and mindful. Let me jump right into it and share my story.

I started around a year ago reading Rob Monroes Classic. As s spiritual person I didn't need much convincing, I only was amazed by the reality that was presented to me; a reality I was not aware of. A search on YouTube lead me to a video with binaural beats and "easy" astral projection. I tryed it, I experience SP and freaked out big time. It stopped me for a while. Fear is a strong anti-motivator. I went back, this time easy. Started reading and exploring different possibilities. I don't have to tell you how fainting were the stories from "the other side". I had a childish, in a good way, desire of exploring those planes, experience it myself. I went to India, spend 2 months in Dharamsala, where I had plenty of time to practice. I also had peace and quiet, which is contrary to what I've got here, even during the night. I've written tons of affirmations and it seems to take me to the right place. By the right place I mean strong vibrations and signs of disconnecting from phisical body. I was never so excited about the perspective of projecting. I believe a strong motivation is very important, at least at the beginning.

Now I'm back home and trying again. Every night 3 am, that's my time. I tried binaural beats, Gateway Experience, listening to people on YouTube (my latest favorite is Tom Cambell). The furthest I've gotten is strong vibrations. I have a feeling that fear plays a big role here. I don't really know how to deal with it except for keep trying.

Just a couple of weeks ago I went to a Lucid Dreaming Meetup Group. Great people, great conversation. One of the guys was interviewed by the organizer and mentioned this forum. I was looking for forums like that before but for some reason never found it. Perhaps I didn't need it then. I clearly need it now! I read through the posts and find inspiration to carry on. I haven't consciously projected yet but experience a couple of times SP, which may indicate that the memory of projection was not downloaded to my physical. I don't know, just speculating. Also another thought crossed my mind. Perhaps it's not the time for me to project as there are so many things to learn here, in the earth system. What do you think guys? I say that because som times I have a desire to escape from the misery of everyday life and how disconnecte people are. I understand that motivation or intention is everything, and escape is not a good one.

I'm looking forward to hearing your input.

EscapeVelocity

Welcome Tomek,

It can take some time for the fear issue to dissipate, the affirmations definitely help here. Also, it can help to add some affirmations asking permission of your higher self to experience an OBE, as well as an affirmation granting permission for yourself to do this. On a very deep level this communication may need to take place; at least for me, recognizing the need for this and helping it along with some affirmations seemed to help. Stay patient.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lumaza

Quote from: tomek on September 22, 2015, 01:37:57
I have a feeling that fear plays a big role here. I don't really know how to deal with it except for keep trying.
The only way to beat fear is to prove it to yourself that there is nothing to fear. But as I say, you have to prove that to yourself. Reading posts here and listening to AP videos helps to understand it. But in the end, it is you that must overcome it. Like EscapeVelcocity said here, affirmations help to grant you "permission". 

QuoteAlso another thought crossed my mind. Perhaps it's not the time for me to project as there are so many things to learn here, in the earth system. What do you think guys? I say that because som times I have a desire to escape from the misery of everyday life and how disconnecte people are. I understand that motivation or intention is everything, and escape is not a good one.
Ask yourself why it's important to you to do this. Then listen for and to your answer!  :wink:

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: tomek on September 22, 2015, 01:37:57
The furthest I've gotten is strong vibrations. I have a feeling that fear plays a big role here. I don't really know how to deal with it except for keep trying.
I think most people experience this fear. It peaks near the moment of mental transition and it gives the impression of teetering on a cliff. To go down leads to the unknown, abyss and possibly with no return. That is how it feels anyway. I always had the option to abort at such a point and it is almost a kneejerk reaction to do so at first.

These fears about my first experience were unnecessary: I maintained a normal cognitive thought process throughout the experience, including the transition; I suppose I was afraid of entering into an alien mentality. The transition was calm and peaceful. The reality I ended up in was not unfamiliar at all. It felt identical to lucid dream experiences.

I had no fear or discomfort throughout the process; I was extremely calm. This was the first time I had really been able to maintain that state and I would have to say it is key to successfully transitioning.

What do you think guys? I say that because som times I have a desire to escape from the misery of everyday life and how disconnecte people are. I understand that motivation or intention is everything, and escape is not a good one.

I think most people yearn to be free from some kind of restriction. One of the reasons I astral project is that I wish to fully harness my creations of my mind. Maybe part of this is because I develop video games; I am frustrated by the limitations of this reality in the sense that it takes years of work to achieve a poor imitation of the imagination.

I also often found myself feeling burned out or frustrated and hoping "tonight would be the night" that I would escape into another reality. Follow what ignites passion in you. If the thought of astral projection is it then embrace it and don't feel guilty about it. Experiences in other realities also make me more positive and excited about being in this one.

tomek

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. I particularly like how calm you express yourself regarding AP and all the process including fear. It gives me confidence to carry on. In one of the other posts I found a comment about focus. Apparently focus is essential to break the barrier. Focus is something that I've struggling a lot lately. In spite of a couple of years if meditation I still find myself awfully distracted during the period my practice. I try not to judge it and just return to the breath or whatever I'm returning to, as I always thought of meditation as a practice of 1000 returns. In case of AP focus seems to be crucial. I'd appreciate if you could share how you are attaining focus in your projections?

Tonight is another chance for me to practice. Thank you again for the word of advice. Thank you for your help. I keep you all posted.

Lumaza

Quote from: tomek on September 22, 2015, 07:52:55
I'd appreciate if you could share how you are attaining focus in your projections?
Focus is paramount to success in AP. You don't have to shut out monkey mind though. Just keep it busy with something else.
Check out this thread here and you will see what I mean.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_doorway-t46013.0.html