A question that may annoy some people

Previous topic - Next topic

astral man

I have recently been browsing around the forums looking for bits and pieces and i have come across MANY posts that include people taking drugs of some sort to have an OBE or having taken drugs in the past. Now i wanted to start this post to get people to post two things. 1) whether they have taken any form of drug eg: cannabis etc. and 2)If they have had an OBE because of this, or had an OBE at all for that matter. I am sorry if this post upsets some people but i am just curious to see who here has and has not taken drugs because i fear i may be "mixing with the wrong crowd".  :redface:

I might as well start by saying 1) my body is totally drug free and 2) i have not had an OBE
"People only see what they are prepared to see."

jub jub

No drug induced OBE's here. If I had to take drugs to have an OBE well, I guess I wouldn't have any.
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

El-Bortukali

our brains already produce natural drugs.
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

The Present Moment

Look into yagé  and iboga. I don't think drugs should be used regularly, but they have their place.

AndrewTheSinger

Never taken drugs, nor legal or illegal. Been having obes for 6 years, that I know of, but been experiencing astral lucitidy ever since childhood.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

jalef

i also dont take drugs and learned to have OBEs nearly half a year ago. taking drugs to induce OBEs is like cheating in a game. apart from this when you take drugs you wont have any control and if you want to do something with your OBEs drugs are useless. i dont think that any drug-induced OBE can compare with a conscious one.
The truely wise man knows that he knows nothing!
  - Confuzius

Selski

Another drug-free OBEr here.  :grin:

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

knightlight

Jalef is 100% correct.  I have had my fun (some would say too much fun) in the past with every drug out there (aside from uppers, never been into those, or anything injectable)  and I have had a few strange OBE like experiences from drug usage.  They tend to be very very strange, completely uncontrollable and basically pointless.  OBE's induced naturally is the way to go.
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

-E-

great, looks like theres only me and about 1 other on here.

well, ive experimented with my fair share and would still call myself a cannabis user, although i quit for certain reasons, but my weed-free period ends on the 9th of June (yay)

but anyway, i have had an OBE whilst stoned but to be honest it was really weird and kinda freaky, i wouldnt recommend using weed or anything else to induce an OBE. Although stoned lucid dreams are some of the best ive had.

SS_Patrick

I have never used drugs and I don't socialize with people who use them. Actually, I think that drug users are weak and inferior people.

I have had 1 spontaneous OBE.

jimu

I've never taken drugs to have an OBE and have had a few OBEs when I've been wanting and trying. I have no interest in taking drugs to have an OBE and I don't believe they'll aid my efforts, not to mention getting attached and dependent thinking they're great like some juvenile immature little excrement.

All the best

Kriztenzen

I have tried quite a bit of different organic substances, and have had an obe induced by them several times.

I support the concept of consciousness as a continuum, and I think experinces using different substances, are every bit as valid, as those achived naturally.

The level of control during the experience depends on the individual.

In my way of thinking, those who have not tried it, are not even entitled to an opinion, as they are disscusing a subject they do not understand.

And labeling people who use such substances, as inferior people, is just plain ignorant.
The mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art, and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed.

-E-

wot open minded people we have here.

jilola

I suspect certain drugs can help a person see the goal of his/her spiritual path. None will take away the necessity of actualy walking the path on one's own.
They are a tool for getting an impression of the territory much like a Lonely Planet book is. The book gives you an idea of where you are going but it won't take you there in any permanent and sensible way.

The above is valid only for psychedelic drugs (cannabis, lsd, shrooms, ibogaine, ayahuasca etc)

2cents & L&L
Jouni

astral man

Wow guys, thanks for your replies, i am beginning to feel a bit better about the forums now. runlola please don't be annoyed at my asking this question as i felt it was necessary and i was not judging anyone on these forums. Just to make matters clear i was not directly searching for drug related topics, they just appeared in my searches.

Thanks once again for your replies.
"People only see what they are prepared to see."

David Warner

Astral Man

Here's my faq on drugs..

Do you take drugs, drink, medication to produce the oobe?
No! – Any kinda of chemical that one consumes to alter their consciousness can produce a oobe. It takes great amount of energy to control, focus, and sustain the level of awarness when exiting the body and exploring the astral worlds. Drugs will just slow your reaction time, cloud your memory, and present inaccurate visions. Not also to mention that it effects your physical body which is not good
for intake.

OBE's are better than drugs...

tvos
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

Selski

Quote from: SS_PatrickActually, I think that drug users are weak and inferior people.

Watch that ego Patrick - statements such as yours have a tendency to come back and slap you right in the face.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

SS_Patrick

Quote from: Selski
Quote from: SS_PatrickActually, I think that drug users are weak and inferior people.

Watch that ego Patrick - statements such as yours have a tendency to come back and slap you right in the face.

Sarah

I won't regret anything I wrote. In these times it's "cool" and "trendy" to use drugs. Many people suffer because of that attitude. I knew that kind of people and drugs have ruined their lives. Unfortunately many people glorify drug using, and that trend also manifests itself in reality; young kids think that it's cool to use drugs and start using them.

In my circle of close people, we all share very negative attitude against drugs and I won't change my opinions on that matter. In fact, when I was younger, if there had been drug users, they would have been beaten properly. (not by me but there were several persons, who'd have done that). I will teach my children to despise drug users.

Leyla

I only know of one drug that will make you Astral Project, and that's DMT. I've never used it. I don't know of anyone here who has.

SS_Patrick-

They are not weak or inferior. They have a disease. You can even have a genetic pre-disposition towards drugs and alcohol. With proper treatment, it can be overcome.

Addiction can happen to good people, from good families. It is not cured by a beating, although often is is caused by childhood abuse.

One of the most brilliant political stratigists I ever knew had once been an alcoholic and cocain addict. From his father he had inherited a legacy of violence, abuse, and a taste for strong drink.

He had to work very hard to over come his past, get sober and remain sober. Lucky you, then, that you have not had to face such.

Don't case your stones, instead count your blessings.

Greytraveller

Yes I have taken mind altering sbstances in the past (DXM amoung others).
No I do not currently use any mind altering substance.
Yes I have had at least one OBE induced by such a substance. (It was DXM BTW and I posted the experience on one of these forums about 2 or 3 years ago.)
No I would not recommend using mind altering substaces to induce an OBE Because it will cause a person to lose control. Once the separation occurs the person who is under the influence and OOB will have little control over what he/she does, who he/she encounters and where he/she goes.

I recommend going to www.erowid.com and doing a search on out of body experiences. You will find several 'trip reports' where people have had OBEs while tripping on various hallucinogens/enthneogens and narcotics.

ArK_AnG31

Its weird I should find this post today as i did use cannabis to induce an obe the other day, but things didn't quite go how i planned....much better tho :D. i was laid relaxing on my sofa watching TV and i had only smoked a little but it was enough to put me into a full state of relaxation... the weirdest part was i could feel my astral so i decided to try and separate, knowing i was still fully conscious...and watching TV at the time. I attempted to sit up and as i did my vision started to get blurred. it took me a few attempts to completely separate but i did in the end from a fully awake state, is this unusual?????
Each folllows their own path, many paths cross along the way.

jilola

Quote from: LeylaThey are not weak or inferior. They have a disease.

Please tell me what disease I have?

2cents & L&L
Jouni

Aries327

Marijuana  (for me) is very spiritual, but while I feel motivated to meditate every time im high, Its alot harder to trance because Im always thinking, I can never really space out when under the influence.

I absolutely agree that it is probably alot better to astral project while not on drugs,cosidering the fact that you have complete mental control over yourself, but I don't think taking natural, herbal drugs like Salvia or Iboga (previously stated) Is bad at all,I actually recommend it, unless of course Its not your thing. :smile:
We've constructed pyramids on honor of our escaping

Aries327

Quote from: SS_Patrick"I have never used drugs and I don't socialize with people who use them. Actually, I think that drug users are weak and inferior people."

"I will teach my children to despise drug users."

A bit narrow-minded eh?

Do you personally know anyone that uses drugs? I think you might be using the wrong connotation of 'drug' Some of the wisest and kindest people use drugs, but you are better than them? who are you to say you are better than anyone?  I sure hope you never teach your children to despise people they don't know!   what a pity :sad:

Sorry everyone for adding negativity to the boards,

Aries
We've constructed pyramids on honor of our escaping

MisterJingo

Hmm well firstly, I would state that drug use does not automatically mean a person has an addiction. Many people use drugs sensibly will little or no ill effect.
Secondly, using drugs does not make a person weak. Drugs have been used for as long as man has walked this earth, drug use is actually found in the animal kingdom, so I'll say drugs have been used even before man walked this earth in all probability.
Regardless of your view of drugs, humans seem to have a natural desire to achieve altered states of consciousness. Be it from meditation, drugs (including alcohol) or even young children spinning around fast to make everything look 'funny'.
The brain is a chemical machine. Every perception we have or own is acquired and held through the interaction of chemicals in the brain (yes, there is electrical activity, but chemicals bridge the synapse).
When we experience altered states of consciousness, we are experiencing chemical and electrical changes in the brain – what these altered states ultimately tell us is open to personal interpretation.
The brain also creates DMT (the most powerful psychedelic known to man) and research has possibly linked this substance to NDEs, and from my own experience and knowledge, there is more than a little similarity between OBEs (from vibrational pre-symptoms to full projections) and DMT experiences.
The point of all this it's not good be so prejudgemental. Drugs have a long spiritual history which can't be ignored as abuse or the undertakings of inferior people.
Yes drugs can become addictive and cause problems, but so can most things in life. Also keep in mind that the term 'drug' is a huge umbrella term.

Are drugs useful for OBEs? They're not something I would condone, simply due to control issues (drugs possibly inducing experiences which one has no control over what-so-ever). Becoming reliant on anything (a drug, an ideology, a philosophy etc) is not healthy imo. I would rather learn to project at will than become reliant on something to get me there.