A strange one - lots of doors

Previous topic - Next topic

sheriff_rango

It started off with me being semi-lucid at a party. When I got lucid I left. I had a little fun whooshing around, upside down doing loop de loops and so on.. :-D This was all on a stairwell. Anyway, I got bored of that and wanted to get out of the building. I found a door and tried to visualise the outside as I turned the handle and opened it. I ended up at another party. I left and tried more doors to the same result. I went down more flights of stairs (this was like an apartment block) and tried more doors and again another room full of people. I went in and found another door again the same. This went on for the whole dream - a room leading to another room leading to another. One time through some kind of trick I cant remember, I got outside but as soon as I started walking I was back indoors. In some of the rooms there were windows and I could see the outside clearly enough - mostly the sky but I just couldn't get out of there!

Through all of this I had this feeling that I was going to swallow my tongue in the physical and that maybe I should just wake up but I continued anyway. This was accompanied by a constant ache in my throat. When I finally awoke the ache was still there it soon subsided and I think I was grinding my teeth too.

This was also the most drawn out AP/LD I've had - I faded in and out a little but it was very faint. I suspect the throatache kept me grounded in a way. My movement and vision was good and I didn't lose my head despite it being a confusing experience.
So... what should I have done or what should I do next time a similar situation arises? :?  :-)

EscapeVelocity

This was a test.

You were expected to have a realization about something.

Just giving you the answer would deprive you of the benefit of the lesson being offered, plus it would spoil the fun. :-D

You will figure it out in time. Then the next lesson will be presented. I hear schoolbells ringing!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Szaxx

That's cruel EV lol.
Its a lesson in self realization, you're not the only one to have this lesson.
Your 'getting bored' is a clue where to start thinling.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

sheriff_rango

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on January 19, 2015, 20:18:48
This was a test.

You were expected to have a realization about something.

Just giving you the answer would deprive you of the benefit of the lesson being offered, plus it would spoil the fun. :-D

You will figure it out in time. Then the next lesson will be presented. I hear schoolbells ringing!

I know you're going to remain tight lipped as far as any specifics go but can you tell me if this a signpost on the way to greater personal growth or a symptom of some kind of blockage, some issue that needs to be resolved before I can progress? Am I on the right track, basically? :-)

sheriff_rango

Quote from: Szaxx on January 19, 2015, 20:29:10
That's cruel EV lol.
Its a lesson in self realization, you're not the only one to have this lesson.
Your 'getting bored' is a clue where to start thinling.

How would you define 'Self-realization'?

Is it to realize one's latent potential and to manifest it into this reality?
or
is it more about breaking (self-imposed?) barriers between oneself and God/the Source? Some kind of transcendence?
Maybe neither or both?

And 'bored' was probably the wrong choice of word. I fancied a change of scenery - sunlight and fresh air mostly. :-)

Szaxx

I'll start a new topic on this.

It's where you become consciously aware of yourself.
The part of a nightmare just before you wake yourself for example.

EscapeVelocity

You are on the right track and doing just fine. :-)

What I see in this experience is not an indication of a problem or a blockage. This is an early test designed to help you develop your awareness in this new environment and how your mindset needs to adapt to a new way of looking at the Non-Physical.

It's not a wildly complicated realization that needs to be made here, but a fundamental one. You actually succeeded in the first part by recognizing and increasing your lucidity and turning the dream into a lucid projection. You had instinctively found your way into the NP. Your next challenge was to find your way out of the dream scenario so you started trying doors.

That would have worked in the Physical, why didn't it work in the NP? You even found some windows and could see outside, so you knew there was an outside.

What needed to change in your perspective on this situation?
                                                          -O. Wilde

sheriff_rango

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on January 20, 2015, 23:08:58
You are on the right track and doing just fine. :-)

What I see in this experience is not an indication of a problem or a blockage. This is an early test designed to help you develop your awareness in this new environment and how your mindset needs to adapt to a new way of looking at the Non-Physical.

It's not a wildly complicated realization that needs to be made here, but a fundamental one. You actually succeeded in the first part by recognizing and increasing your lucidity and turning the dream into a lucid projection. You had instinctively found your way into the NP. Your next challenge was to find your way out of the dream scenario so you started trying doors.

That would have worked in the Physical, why didn't it work in the NP? You even found some windows and could see outside, so you knew there was an outside.

What needed to change in your perspective on this situation?

Thanks for the reply. Well what I usually do when I get lucid is I run away from whatever I'm doing as fast as I can and everything turns black and its like I'm hurtling through space. Eventually I get dropped into a new scene. So I should probably have done that?  To be honest I forgot about that option. :oops: I guess i'm still thinking too physically, too three-dimensionally, y'know?

Also, lately I've preferred to explore the scene I've 'awakened' in rather than run to new one - its like a snapshot of my subconscious or something. And I could be wrong but it seems a little ungrateful of me to constantly be trying to get somewhere else rather than appreciate where I've found myself. I think the lines between the journey and he destination get a little blurred in the NP. Maybe I ought to go back to the old 'run and jump' method.. What do you think? :-)

EscapeVelocity

"...still thinking too physically..."

Bingo! That's a big realization that we have to keep reminding ourselves in order to develop a new way of thinking in the NP.

Running and jumping is just one of many ways to exit a scene. Be open to finding others.

Whether you stay in the first scene is a personal choice, early on you are free to bounce around. But understand that at some point, the first scene presented will be definitely offering a lesson, and expecting you to figure it out. From that point forward, you need to take the attitude that every experience is a lesson or test of some sort.

Good realization!
                                                          -O. Wilde

Szaxx

[Well what I usually do when I get lucid is I run away from whatever I'm doing as fast as I can and everything turns black and its like I'm hurtling through space. Eventually I get dropped into a new scene. So I should probably have done that?  To be honest I forgot about that option. ]

Did you really forget?
This is showing your self awareness isn't as high as it has been in previous experiences.
Perhaps this test took that memory away, you'd have no recall of this trick at all. When you pass the test, these lost memories suddenly appear again. You actually know they were removed too.

Definitely on the right track and doing fine.

sheriff_rango

Quote from: Szaxx on January 24, 2015, 08:02:47
[Well what I usually do when I get lucid is I run away from whatever I'm doing as fast as I can and everything turns black and its like I'm hurtling through space. Eventually I get dropped into a new scene. So I should probably have done that?  To be honest I forgot about that option. ]

Did you really forget?
This is showing your self awareness isn't as high as it has been in previous experiences.
Perhaps this test took that memory away, you'd have no recall of this trick at all. When you pass the test, these lost memories suddenly appear again. You actually know they were removed too.

Definitely on the right track and doing fine.

It just didn't occur to me at all. Like I said, I've been focusing on the scene I awaken in and I guess I've gotten out of the habit. Also, I think I got a bit bogged down in looking for the door and it shrunk my mind a little.

Szaxx

OK you appear to have found the distractions that play on your mind. Your quest is only in doing one thing even though there are other ways to achieve it. You don't think clearly enough to recognise them.
Afterwards when awake you then see the difference. Its that doh! moment.
I was tested on this exact thing long ago, it taught me to look at the 'posed inconvenience' from many angles. It also showed clearly that lateral thinking is worth it's weight in gold.
Looking at a featureless wall and wanting a door to escape, you can't break it using anything including dynamite, so you draw a door on the wall and it opens.
That sort of thinking works. In the physical mindset you'll search for your requirements, in the NP mindset you CREATE the requirement. It takes some learning, trust me on that one .
Remember who you are then solve the riddle. It wakes you from the distraction and enables you to see with your mind.

sheriff_rango

Quote from: Szaxx on January 26, 2015, 00:01:20
OK you appear to have found the distractions that play on your mind. Your quest is only in doing one thing even though there are other ways to achieve it. You don't think clearly enough to recognise them.
Afterwards when awake you then see the difference. Its that doh! moment.
I was tested on this exact thing long ago, it taught me to look at the 'posed inconvenience' from many angles. It also showed clearly that lateral thinking is worth it's weight in gold.
Looking at a featureless wall and wanting a door to escape, you can't break it using anything including dynamite, so you draw a door on the wall and it opens.
That sort of thinking works. In the physical mindset you'll search for your requirements, in the NP mindset you CREATE the requirement. It takes some learning, trust me on that one .
Remember who you are then solve the riddle. It wakes you from the distraction and enables you to see with your mind.

I guess I'm not 'creative' enough when non-physical. I have to work on keeping my mind fluid and open to all possibilities.

What occurred to me later was that I should've just left through a window - it's a common portal for me and I can control the outcome to some degree and there were loads to choose from. I've been focusing a lot on doors lately because it's a weak spot for me but yeah, I just got stuck in a loop.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to bear that in mind next time. :-)

Szaxx

The creativity you mentioned will improve with experiences, it's natural. Getting a boost by thinking who you are will automatically put more of your mindset into the conscious mind and this takes it away from the subconscious. In a normal dream nothing challenging happens, if it does you become more aware of the challenge and as the subconscious can't make decisions easily on transiential events it hands the decision making over to the conscious, a lucid dream starts.