spontaneous obe question

Previous topic - Next topic

PeacefulWarrior

No one else seems interested in answering your question...so I'll take a shot at it.  

No, I don't think there is a way to be more or less inclined to having a spontaneous OBE...well, on second thought, there are general things I believe work.  Your attitude, beliefs, desire, etc. all have a great impact on your sub-conscious and therefore on the type of experiences you are likely to have.

Don't give up!

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Frank

Spontaneous obe's are very difficult to control... precisely because they occur spontaneously.  If you are waking to vibrations, chances are, your projected body has left you.  In other words, you ARE out!  You probably just don't realise it.  

Problem is, you can never be sure where your projected body is going to end up.  Your sense of awareness is still in the physical so it is only natural to think, right, let's try some technique to "get out".  The technique will fail because your projected body is already out.  That's where the Mind-Split phenomenon fools you.

What usually happens is you drift off for a moment, the projected body returns, and the whole experience just becomes a dream.

Yours,
Frank

Nate

Interesting you should say it becomes a dream. a few times I've woken up to vibrations then half back to sleep and dream that I'm waking around in my room. Everything's either foggy or I have something resembling tunnel vision. Very annoying.Maybe I should try raising energy or something. It's good to know that I might be obe-ing without knowing it though. Although this means that there's two identical black talking cats and another version of me in the house, but hey, you win some you lose some. taaa!!

-Nate

n/a

My experience with sponteneous obe's...
I consciously would try to get out, really focused and intently trying my hardest. I would fall asleep from fatigue. Later I would wake up in the astral somewhere in the room. { I guess I imprinted this action onto my subconscious and it took the task when the conscious fell asleep}. But they were always short and hard to control, usually I was pulled back within minutes and not able to go anywhere else.  I still enjoy it when it happens though... I think most of the time when I woke up in the astral, I think I was coming back from somewhere and consciously awoke upon returning to the physical.   It's hard for me to gain any control in these, my mind is not ready and I forget any game plan I had when focused consciously.
I guess that's the key, to remember what your intent is and run with it.

Nate

Is there some special trick to turn spontaneous obe sensations into real obe's that I'm missing? On ocassion I'll wake up in the night to
some good vibrations, but I can never get out. Last night I got some good ones, but there was something pounding on the door to my room and I got too excited at the prospect of finally being able to get these things to leave me alone. oh well. There's always tommarow. taaa!!

-Nate