about sleep paralysis

Previous topic - Next topic

theastralpulse1

hello!

i posted this in another forum and would like to know what other people feel about it, what do you think?

i remember that many times when i tried to astral project i would wake up in sleep paralysis, it's really strange, like if gravity was 100 times stronger! you try to move your arm or leg but you can't eh eh i think i still can induce sleep paralysis.

the best way to describe what i feel was like if my body waked up but my mind wants my body to sleep more, because of that i can't move, it's really hard!!! trying to rise the arm is harder than lifting big weights in my gym eh eh
you can REALLY feel that it's your mind that wants to sleep more because if you close your eyes you can really feel the body "entering" sleep, this way, the best way for me to stop sleep paralysis is to blink the eyes, after doing it some times i can try to move the body, but it's amazing that if i close my eyes for one second my body will lose all force and start to sleep.
the "bad" thing about it is that it looks like you are going to die and want to stay alive! trust me, if you feel you body/mind pushing you so strongly to a "sleep" it looks like you are fighting to stay alive, i just can't avoid and start to do everything to being awake and gain control of my body. to tell you the truth i never tried to let my body go and sleep when i wake up in sleep paralysis, it's so scary! maybe if i just close the eyes again and let it go i can have lucid dream or a astral projection, but... errr it really feels like if your body is dying but you want to stay alive. anyway there should be nothing to fear (as i said maybe that sleep would bring me something good like a lucid dream or a astral projection) but i think it's the human nature to fight against things that make you feel like dying.

Andali27

in my opinion, sleep paralysis doesn't make u feel like ur dying.  it's a frequent thing for me, but happens when i've woken up and trying to get back to sleep.  my body goes to sleep without letting my mind know.  mostly because of this, my eyes are already closed and i usually concentrate on moving my fingers, or my feet or something like that.

it can be frightening the first couple of times it happens but u kind of come to know what it is and know that it can't hurt u (albiet it gets frustrating after a while, for me anyway).

Sometimes if u wake up and get paralysis while trying to fall asleep, there's a transition that happens and u finf urself RTZ without even trying, at least, that's what happens to me (i'd i'd prefer to sleep actually).

This is a thread that may help you:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17362

Good luck!

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

theastralpulse1

i didn't mean that when you wake up in sleep paralysis it feels like you are dying, what makes me feel that is my mind/body "pushing" me into sleep, like if it doesn't want me to be awake(alive) but it just feels like that! i know it has nothing to do