Afterlife Question

Previous topic - Next topic

screennameless

I'm new here. So, do you people think that after we die, we are kept alive as our astral self forever? Or, do you think that it is the end when we die? What do you people think?

jc87

My theory is that we move to a different plane

screennameless

Like, what kind of Astral Plane? Oh, and by the way, I've never astral projected.

Rozzy

Hi Screen

Here is my twobits for what it is worth.

I am new here as well, my learning and experience is based in ancient thought and ancient teachings from the middle east which will differ from modern teachings from the west.  The afterlife is quite mysterious to modern man, I suppose that is largely the fault of the major religions themselves which have tried to present a faith system based on concepts of men with carnal understanding while at the same time denying, rejecting and demonizing the higher wisdom found in The Spirit.
The astral realm is actually a low realm that is part of the realm we live, rather like being at the doorway to the higher realms. When you ascend to another realm there really is no higher or lower as we think of it here but it is a concept that works for the purpose here.
If you were to ascend into a higher world, even the one parallel to ours or the next higher realm you would understand a lot about the afterlife. Our carnal bodies need sleep and at the end of their usefulness they die and go back to the elemental stages of where they came but it is not so for the soul which never dies. The soul moves on to a parallel world and is present there, beyond our world there are plenty more and we are all not destined for the same one. For example a Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot will not be going to the same place as Abraham, Moses or Samuel. I think you know who will be in the better place.
To ascend to other dimmensions is not simple and takes years of study and experience, to ascend before you are ready is a dangerous venture and should not be done alone at anytime. Even the greatest masters known in history have at times got into trouble, at times not desiring to return and litterally having someone bring them back to this reality.
The astral realm can be spooky but it is a tad closer to home.
I am not a master of these things and even the methods of the masters vary according to who it is. Even my experience envelopes many years.

Rozzy

jc87

Quote from: screennameless on April 12, 2008, 13:39:55
Like, what kind of Astral Plane? Oh, and by the way, I've never astral projected.

Me neither

and not the astral plane, a different plane

PeacefulWarrior

Interesting post Rozzy.

To answer the original question, I say NO.  We will not forever live in our "astral bodies."  We will live forever, we will have a body, but the details to those questions require a long, involved conversation.  I will say, however, that I believe (know) that we have and will have a full-spectrum of bodies including a "spiritual" and "physical" body.  It's not quite that simple, but for now that's sufficient to know for those of us who have not ascended and do not understand-or need to understand-more.

I hope that helps in some small way in your quest to discover more truth.

By the way, I've been away from the forums for some time and I don't know how the karma system works, but I want some good karma!  (;
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Zante

No one is sure if the karma system works. ;)