Almost there!

Previous topic - Next topic

Eloquence

Hey everyone,
I'm new here, just thought I'd say hi. Im kinda new to this whole OBE thing, but it really does fascinate me. I've been trying for a couple of weeks every night without much success. Though I have noticed that since I started trying I've dreamt pretty much every night. Which is unusual for me lol.

Last night was probably the closest ive come to having an OBE. My body went numb, I started to feel really light and at one point I could move my hand whilst my physical hand stayed still (im assuming I was moving my "astral" hand). Unfortunately this got me pretty excited and kinda prevented me from going much further lol.

Anyway, just sayin hi. Maybe tomorrow ill be able to post a success story :grin: .
When there's no more room in the oven, the bread will walk the earth.

Icarus

Sounds like you're having fun! Good job, continue to try each night, it'll come.

I was in your boots at one point as well, posting the same things, :). I'm no pro now, but I sure am having my share of fun. It only gets better with time and practice!

Enjoy,

-Icarus

Eloquence

Yeah, even if I dont OBE, at least it helps me sleep... and for an insomniac, thats something! lol.
When there's no more room in the oven, the bread will walk the earth.

SpeaK

Congratulations on your progress, Eloquence. :)

I'm not sure, but I think I'm in the same point as you are, although not quite. My dream recall has improved significally also, and I just a couple nights ago I reached a state where I felt I was swinging in my bed.

Now this is something I'd like someone to give me information about if possible; I was lying in bed, doing some relaxation excercises, almost fell asleep, but just I snapped back to being aware again. Now I felt my heart beating really fast, I felt my body shaking. I guess these sound somewhat like vibrations, but I don't think they were, because when I felt my body shaking, it really felt like my physical body. And to addon to this, I think I felt my bed really clearly.

But this is the thing that ponders me: I felt this strange thing, I could move my hand by thinking about the position I wanted it to be in, but it moved to that position really slowly, and it somewhat felt like my physical hand. Still, it was strange.

At this state my body was pretty numb, but I could move my physical body without really any trouble..

I hope my post makes some sense, I don't have much time to write right now. Thanks in advance for any replys!

Stookie

QuoteYeah, even if I dont OBE, at least it helps me sleep... and for an insomniac, thats something! lol.

Eloquence - That's a great attitude to have. I feel the same way - even if I don't OBE, there are still so many other benefits.

Quote...I felt my heart beating really fast, I felt my body shaking. I guess these sound somewhat like vibrations...

SpeaK - There's a good possibility that it wasn't your heart, but your heart chakra pulsing with energy. Robert Bruce explains in "Astral Dynamics" that a person needs enough energy to create the "double" before exiting, and the heart chakra has to really pump hard to create that energy. It sounds like it could have well been the vibrations.

QuoteAt this state my body was pretty numb, but I could move my physical body without really any trouble..

That's normal. Just don't focus on your body. It doesn't always go into paralysis like a lot of people say.

Nay

Hey Eloquence, welcome to the forums!

Congrats, sounds like you are off to a grand start!  Looking forward to hearing of your next experience...this time you'll get further, not to worry.  :thumbsup:

Nay

SpeaK

Alright Stookie, thanks.

QuoteI feel the same way - even if I don't OBE, there are still so many other benefits.
Even though I haven't even had an OBE yet, I agree on this. And even if the progress might be slow and all, it's an exciting journey! :)