Altered States

Previous topic - Next topic

bitsmart

Sound has a very powerful effect on mind-body-spirit. Music is the central application of this fact, but not the only one. I've been reading about holistic practices and technology to heal with sound, using vibration to reset and realign the energy body.

Vocal harmonics is also an interesting topic. The human voice can create more than one frequency at the same time; this is how we make vowel sounds...a, e, i, o, u, sometimes y...

The Tibetan Monks do this ultra-deep voice chanting with vocal harmonics that's supposed to put them into an altered state, and the Australian digeridoo which sounds similar to the Tibetan Deep Voice is believed by the aboriginies to open a doorway in space-time.

I'm an electronic musician who's beginning to explore these fascinating uses of sound for metaphysical ends, and I'll be happy to share what I know with anyone who's interested.

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

WalkerInTheWoods

Greetings!

Barbara, I have similar experiences with this light feeling. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like I become conscious of my astral body, like I can feel it slightly separate from my physical. But I am conscious of both bodies at the same time. Unfortunately this usually happens when I am working or driving so I cannot explore it and am forced to keep my consciousness in my physical.

In your second experience it sounds like you are seeing auras. Atleast this sounds exactly like what I have read. I cannot do this so I am no expert.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Barbara

Greetings!

Since I have become involved in learning how to project into the Astral, I have noticed some spin-offs from this. Recently while I have been listening to some tranquil music, and in a relaxed state, without trying I entered an altered state. The first time I became aware of this was while I was sitting and had my arms folded. I could no longer feel them. Not only that, my body felt so light that it seemed all of me had been placed at the top of my head. As I became aware of this, in the next instant I was beside and outwith my body, positioned where my head was situated. Unfortunately I cannot accurately describe the feeling, only that it felt so LIGHT. I don't know how long the experience lasted only that it felt elongated. The next time this happened, the difference was that instead of being positioned beside my body, I actually found myself in front of ME looking at myself. This was a fleeting sensation, and felt so weird.

Another experience that I had was, one night I had been reading in bed and my mind must have drifted. Then in my peripheral vision I could see the curtains in my bedroom which are crimson in colour had an almost lime green illumination surrounding them.  As I casually looked round the rest of the room, I observed that everything else was also surrounded by this colour. As soon as I tried to focus properly the colour immediately vanished. Since then I am able to do this at will, if I am relaxed enough.

All good wishes,
Barbara