Am I close?

Previous topic - Next topic

sheriff_rango

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I feel like I'm almost 'stuck' to the bed. It feels like a sort of magnetic pull especially around my head and I can't move. The air feels thick and heavy and I can hear a sound like if I was listening to a seashell - the wind, the sea, etc. I feel and hear the same sounds and sensations in False Awakenings. In those situations I would wrest myself up from my bed, the atmosphere would clear and I would continue my dream/projection without any fuss. What I do here is I keep my mind awake until I tire myself out eventually. It's a split-second decision to make before panic sets in.

It feels like I might be wasting a chance to finally have that elusive conscious projection. I can think clearly then and I actually consider this but my fear always gets the better of me in the end. Basically I'm asking how close I would be to a full-blown projection if I let it run it's course naturally i.e. what to expect and actually if it's worth pursuing in the first place. Also obviously what method to use once I've made the decision to go further.  :-)

Lucidityman

Hi

I would say yes. What you call magnetic, I call it suction. What you want to do is create a pendulum swing with inside of the feeling of "magnet" or "suction". What you want to do is leave the bed, break the magnetic filed/suction. you do that by creating movement.

Hearing a seashell,wind.. ya that's all good. I get a rushing sound like that in my ears,head, and at the same time I also get vibes,or contrations, or just pressure..and its try to leave the body now time. I don't think you are missing opertunities.. I think you are getting opportunities.. now you just need to take the next step which is out and your panic thinking.

F Ya it is worth is pursuing.. sorry for the bad word. Just imagine a place where anything you do can't pshyically kill you. As long as you don't have a sudden heart attack in the real world while out of body.. you will always wake up in bed. You cant die.. :-) I tried   :-D   so is that not motivation enuff to try and do it and what ever panics you, go check it out, you will always have another go check it out again time.P anic is a natural response. So go experiment..you will like it.Freedom.

sheriff_rango

Quote from: Lucidityman on March 26, 2015, 20:11:56
Hi

I would say yes. What you call magnetic, I call it suction. What you want to do is create a pendulum swing with inside of the feeling of "magnet" or "suction". What you want to do is leave the bed, break the magnetic filed/suction. you do that by creating movement.

Hearing a seashell,wind.. ya that's all good. I get a rushing sound like that in my ears,head, and at the same time I also get vibes,or contrations, or just pressure..and its try to leave the body now time. I don't think you are missing opertunities.. I think you are getting opportunities.. now you just need to take the next step which is out and your panic thinking.

F Ya it is worth is pursuing.. sorry for the bad word. Just imagine a place where anything you do can't pshyically kill you. As long as you don't have a sudden heart attack in the real world while out of body.. you will always wake up in bed. You cant die.. :-) I tried   :-D   so is that not motivation enuff to try and do it and what ever panics you, go check it out, you will always have another go check it out again time.P anic is a natural response. So go experiment..you will like it.Freedom.

Thanks for the advice. :-)

The thing is I can project fine from lucid dreams and the fear's pretty much kept at bay so long as I keep moving.

And I do have a fondness for risky things - jumping out of buildings etc (in the NPR!). :-D

But I ruled out conscious projections a while back because I'm a total wimp and I accept that. Its only been recently that these spontaneous chances have arisen and I don't want them to go to waste.

Is there much difference in the outcome projecting this way? Does it take a long time? Is it scary? lol. I just want to be prepared...

I guess I'll have to grow a pair and just get on with it, right?.

Xanth

Quote from: sheriff_rango on March 28, 2015, 10:39:10

Thanks for the advice. :-)

The thing is I can project fine from lucid dreams and the fear's pretty much kept at bay so long as I keep moving.

And I do have a fondness for risky things - jumping out of buildings etc (in the NPR!). :-D

But I ruled out conscious projections a while back because I'm a total wimp and I accept that. Its only been recently that these spontaneous chances have arisen and I don't want them to go to waste.

Is there much difference in the outcome projecting this way? Does it take a long time? Is it scary? lol. I just want to be prepared...

I guess I'll have to grow a pair and just get on with it, right?.
If you're in a "lucid dream", you're already projecting.  There's no need to project "from" a lucid dream". 

There's also no 'extra added benefit' or bonus from having a conscious projection vs what you're already doing.  None at all. 
Anyone who tells you otherwise has massive ego issues and simply just want to feel special.

sheriff_rango

Quote from: Xanth on March 28, 2015, 16:05:25
If you're in a "lucid dream", you're already projecting.  There's no need to project "from" a lucid dream". 

There's also no 'extra added benefit' or bonus from having a conscious projection vs what you're already doing.  None at all. 
Anyone who tells you otherwise has massive ego issues and simply just want to feel special.

Yes, I'm aware of this (no small thanks to you reiterating this point  :-)). Maybe I'm just still using outdated or redundant language/terminology.

And while I believe that we are inherently multi-dimensional, multi-faceted beings, I generally don't consider it a 'projection' when I don't have full awareness at some stage.

Like I said, conscious projections aren't even on my to-do list. I like that with LD projections that all the preliminaries (trance etc) are out of the way- it suits my lazy self just fine!

But if the opportunity arises out of the blue, should I not exploit it?

Xanth

Quote from: sheriff_rango on March 29, 2015, 08:10:01
Yes, I'm aware of this (no small thanks to you reiterating this point  :-)). Maybe I'm just still using outdated or redundant language/terminology.
I know, but by holding onto the last vestiges of the terminology, you're not helping yourself move beyond it.  You're actually still stuck within it.

QuoteAnd while I believe that we are inherently multi-dimensional, multi-faceted beings, I generally don't consider it a 'projection' when I don't have full awareness at some stage.
Regardless of that, everything is a projection.  Your physical reality life where you're sitting in front of a computer right now reading these words... is a projection.  You're inadvertently limiting your perception, even if on a subconscious level by putting the limit of "requiring full awareness".

QuoteLike I said, conscious projections aren't even on my to-do list. I like that with LD projections that all the preliminaries (trance etc) are out of the way- it suits my lazy self just fine!

But if the opportunity arises out of the blue, should I not exploit it?
Of course you should.  :)  For the very reason I explained above... because everything is a projection. 
ALL of my projections (non-physical experiences) are spontaneous these days.  I don't actively practice anymore, because I don't have to.  Well, mostly because I don't want to... but that's a story for a different thread.  :)

Szaxx

The ease of concious projections is hidden behind a mask of illusion. The storyline usually given is only to sell you something and the truth is hidden behind this mask. You can go to sleep when tired, that's easy. Ignore all the scary hype and just fall asleep as normal but keep yourself just aware enough to stay awake and conscious of yourself. Ignore any bodily sensations, the being stuck is what is required. This indicates your meatsack is almost asleep and you are aware in a conscious state of mind.
Once you relax a little more the body dissapears leaving the conscious you free of it.
You maybe in a blackness of sorts, hopefully one with some spacial feel to it.
That's it basically. A conscious projection done.
You can add some destination or thoughts of what may interest you once in this blackness, the experience then follows.
Easy.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.