Learning languages

Previous topic - Next topic

nerofaora

I've read multiple postings of people saying that we are connected, and part of one source of consciousness. If that's so, then do you think it would be possible to learn another language such as Spanish, Russian, Japanese whatever established language you want, in the non physical

You could learn it in the physical (obviously) but just wondering if this would be faster, if possible.

Stillwater

I haven't heard of anything like that ever happening, although I do recall stories of those born with knowledge of languages quite foreign to their birthplace (an English boy of 4 recalls 5th century Chinese, or Roman Latin, etc).

Perhaps you can try some of those "subliminal" tapes for unconscious learning while you are asleep... might be something to look into, and far easier to get a straight answer on in terms of its effectiveness!
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

AAAAAAAA

I personally don't believe that we're all connected to the same consciousness. However, there are things you can do to help acomplish what you are talking about. Personally, I like to listen to Japanese lessons or speeches as I fall asleep. What this does is gives my subconscious a foundation to work with while I am sleeping, and in doing so, I find that studying goes a lot faster and I have more success in learning the language. The theory is that listening to it as you sleep supposedly allows you to store certain infornation even when you are unconscious. In my experience, this theory seems to have some truth to it.

Xanth

Quote from: AAAAAAAA on March 18, 2015, 02:06:46
I personally don't believe that we're all connected to the same consciousness.
No, you're right.  We're not "connected to the same consciousness". 
There's no connection at all.  You simply ARE that consciousness.

One small example is that this is the reason you can experience something you've never experienced personally. 

Blue Glitter Neon

Quote from: Xanth on March 18, 2015, 02:19:01
No, you're right.  We're not "connected to the same consciousness". 
There's no connection at all.  You simply ARE that consciousness.

One small example is that this is the reason you can experience something you've never experienced personally. 

Clarifying. Thanks.

(This kind of stuff so easily veers off into Kumbaya magic pony land.)

Bluefirephoenix

I think it might be difficult. No language is used in spirit. The kind of work it would take to develop that kind of proficiency .. it would be easier just to learn the language the normal way. There are situations in which a person has spoken a language they never learned. But they did not retain the information. This was recorded as an ability of some of the saints

Xanth

Quote from: Blue Glitter Neon on March 18, 2015, 10:35:54
(This kind of stuff so easily veers off into Kumbaya magic pony land.)
Why is that?

I'm not asking you to believe me.  I'm sharing my perspective of reality with you.

desert-rat

You can use some thing like Pimsleur , I downloaded some mp3 lang. files off a torrent site .  I can give links if asked in p.m. Let me know what lang. you want .  In the south west USA Spanish comes in handy . 

Blue Glitter Neon

Quote from: Xanth on March 18, 2015, 13:10:53
Why is that?

The New Age legacy concerning astral projection, Castaneda, remote viewing and related topics, I guess. From the 1960's cultural revolution on and spiritism before that.

QuoteI'm not asking you to believe me.  I'm sharing my perspective of reality with you.

That's why I take you and this forum seriously. I want to learn and achieve a breakthrough myself. I appreciate the sense of objectivity and matter of factness that prevails here. And people are helpful and share their insights freely. No one is trying to set you up or sell you something.

Xanth

Quote from: Blue Glitter Neon on March 18, 2015, 15:14:06
The New Age legacy concerning astral projection, Castaneda, remote viewing and related topics, I guess. From the 1960's cultural revolution on and spiritism before that.
Hmm yeah, I can understand that.  I completely reject most, I guess what I call "classical" thoughts on the subject.  :)

QuoteThat's why I take you and this forum seriously. I want to learn and achieve a breakthrough myself. I appreciate the sense of objectivity and matter of factness that prevails here. And people are helpful and share their insights freely. No one is trying to set you up or sell you something.
I have this nice bit of land on the moon you can get from me for CHEAPCHEAPCHEAP!  Project there whenever you want!  ;)

Stillwater

Also, we don't allow you into the hidden sub-forums until you change your middle name to something like Moonchild, or Willowseed, or Windstorm-Starmaker, or Baby-Kangaroo-Tribianni, and fax us a copy of the legal papers. We do have standards.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

desert-rat

On the new age , there is not really a central belief system , as there is with most of the other belief systems . Its more a do your own thing system .  On not liking this forum , there are a lot of others on the net . On changing my name , what about James Moon Child ******* , not just for access to sub forums , but 40 acres on mars .  Mars will get tera formed some day , 40 acres of mars will be worth some thing one day . 

no_leaf_clover

If you're going to interact with people in the non-physical then you may as well try to "feel" or "sense" them in a way that allows you to understand them without language at all, similarly to how a lot of animals already interact with each other energetically in the physical.

The only reason people can't or won't already do this in the physical is because we can't seem to sit still to observe someone carefully enough without our own thoughts and feelings clouding up our minds.  Nonetheless I've had many experiences of knowing what people are thinking or feeling in the same way that you know the grass is green, just by looking at it.  The closer you are with someone the easier it can be, but emotions especially are pretty universally expressed in humans and you can read them on strangers as well.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Szaxx

Quote from: no_leaf_clover on March 24, 2015, 18:31:44
If you're going to interact with people in the non-physical then you may as well try to "feel" or "sense" them in a way that allows you to understand them without language at all, similarly to how a lot of animals already interact with each other energetically in the physical.

The only reason people can't or won't already do this in the physical is because we can't seem to sit still to observe someone carefully enough without our own thoughts and feelings clouding up our minds.  Nonetheless I've had many experiences of knowing what people are thinking or feeling in the same way that you know the grass is green, just by looking at it.  The closer you are with someone the easier it can be, but emotions especially are pretty universally expressed in humans and you can read them on strangers as well.

Good post, there's always a link to people you don't know too. This can be very weak and on occasion, be very strong.
I've not met a certain pulse member physically as we're 4000 miles apart, however I told them their then present pains and some older ones too.
You only need to find a connection and this can be a simple thought of what they represent to you. A likeness or a characteristic is a start, then use your suggestion of something you want to know and apply it to them. If you're sensitive enough, you will 'know' some details. If your suggestion is incorrect, this is known too.
It's a 'feel' that you're searching for very similar to when you get a hunch something is going to happen. You just know.
It's not a language but the 'universal mind connecting' is a far better way to communicate without any misinterpretation being made. It's the normal method of communication in the NP. Although you talk with characters, you also feel them mentally and this can be used in the physical too to a lesser effect.
You are learning a new method of communication in a new language but you can learn far more with this.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

AJDIN

Interesting subject...

I've had an experience where i met some people who guided me inside their home and started speaking another language, for some reason i could understand it perfectly,
upon awaking i couldn't recall anything of what they said, rather their body language that suggested what they where saying

Is it possible?

I can only think of two possible situations...

Maybe overhearing of words in prior experiences(TV, Movies etc) were able to be unlocked when you were in that kind of state of mind

Or

The thought of knowing another language without actually speaking it (Possibly what i experienced it)

If someone could recite a foreign language and be able to validate it in waking reality... That would be some heavy validation right there.